9-11-01

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

9-11-01

Post by Termite »

Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I remember vividly where I was and what I was doing that morning. I know I will never forget.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I remember this day. My uncle was flying to Boston this day, his plane ended up being grounded, but I remember no one being able to get ahold of him all morning, and my mom was pretty scared, as we all were. I was only 6 at the time, but I remember.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I was eleven, and I remember my mom getting a call from a friend who was watching the news. I also remember asking if it was an accident.

The TV was on all day, which was odd for us.

Till the end of the line.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

I remember very little about the day, as I was only nearly six-years-old. But I do remember being intrigued because of how much the TV was on, because, as Shen said, that was rare in our house. I knew it was something big and bad, but I don't think I really comprehended the gravity of the situation at all.

I still have a picture that I drew at that age of a plane flying past one of the buildings, and then turning back to crash into the side of it. I also drew a picture of a man standing on top of one of the buildings as the plane was coming, while another man took his picture from the ground... I'm not sure what inspired me to draw that. >_>
Last edited by Christian A. on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

merp.
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

Christian A. wrote:I remember very little about the day, as I was only nearly six-years-old. But I do remember being intrigued because of how much the TV was on, because, as Shen said, that was rare in our house. I knew it was something big and bad, but I don't think I really comprehended the gravity of the situation at all.
Basically this for me. I wasn't old enough to understand what was going on completely, just that it was horrible. At the time, my cousins lived in New York City, so that made it much more personal and real for me than if I had had no connection to what was happening. As it turned out, one of my cousins was in a daycare very close to the towers, but was thankfully just far enough away that she wasn't killed or injured.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Shtakji
Gold Member

Post by Shtakji »

I don't really remember much from that day, except it's the only time in my life we've had an Extra paper come out in our little town.

All the people who perished and those who sacrificed their lives trying to help the others.. may we never forget you.
Ice~breathing dragon from the southlands.
Proud member of the #saneislame movement.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Never forget, indeed.

I was 7-years-old. My mom and all of us kids were in our living room homeschooling. At like 10am, my dad called from work and asked if we had the TV on. We all dashed upstairs to watch the coverage. I remember the horror, even though I didn't understand it. A friend came over the next day and told me that World War 3 was about to start. The news coverage showed pictures of the rubble until Christmastime, and I remember wondering why people kept talking about it. I understand now.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

This topic makes me feel old because everyone was a little kid at the time. >_>

I was 19, a couple weeks away from starting college. I didn't work until the evening so I was at home and basically watched the events unfold on live television. I remember my (and the newscasters) initial reaction was that it was probably some small private plane that lost control, or maybe, possibly, a suicidal pilot, but I remember at first no one realized it was a big passenger plane. I guess the scale of the WTC made it hard to judge by the damage. But anyway, it didn't seem like THAT big a deal, as unfortunate as it was for those killed or injured in that one hit... but then once the second plane came in it became all too obvious.

The 9th graders at the school I work at do a 9-11 project every year at this time... it's weird to think that they would have been roughly 3 years old at the time... and that basically the entire elementary school wasn't even born yet. I guess it puts some perspective when my parents' generation is all "I remember where I was when JFK was shot! I remember where I was when I saw the moon lander! I remember wondering who shot JR!" and people my age think of all that as just events in the history book.

It's also strange to remember a time when George W. Bush had like 90+% approval! :shock:
Metal15
Tallying up

Post by Metal15 »

I don't remember anything that day, I was only 5. But I looked up some pics that were taken in the midst of it all. The planes crashing into the buildings, the building starting to collapse. And also pics people took looking way high up near the upper middle of the towers of people crammed in the windows with no where to go because everything inside was enflamed and collapsing, so they had to just...jump. It sux. Over 3 thousand dead.

Those who died 12 years ago on Sept. 11th...We will never forget you.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

It doesn't feel like it's been 12 years. o.O Grandma called to say something big was going on, and we watched the second tower collapse over breakfast. : / Then one or two years after, on 9/11, our tv channel showed a reenactment movie about 9/11..I was scared of noisy planes for years. It's so sad..and sick. : (

Random Musing: Syria can't even have a legit national remembrance for theirs, it was inflicted by their own government! >.>

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

I don't remember it but we were on the road heading to New York. We had no idea until we pulled off into a gas station. We weren't heading by the highway so we go there.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I was actually in NYC this past 11th. I was only in Times Square, but it was really meaningful to be in the city that day of all days.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |