Odyssey + the Real World

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

The Old Judge wrote:I came to a revelation today. My grandfather is like an Odyssey conglomeration, and he doesn't even know it. When I got my braces off, he drove me to the orthodontist. I had a tooth that had been slightly yellowed in the process of the braces being on, and when I told him about it, he said, "They might have to do one of those coloring jobs. I got some spray paint," which made me think of Lawrence Hodges coloring his braces with lead-based paint in Subject Yourself.

:lol: Your grandpa sounds awesome. :)

Whenever I look at my bicycle (which I haven't been able to ride lately because I sprained my wrist), which is a Schwinn, what pops into my head is Eugene saying, "And my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and upended us both in this shrub--a rhododendron of the heath family, I believe..." and I forget the rest. I also can't recall which episode it is at the moment....
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

Maybe it's just me, but you all must live under rocks if there's nothing in life that reminds you of Odyssey. I seem like I'm always the one posting on here. Who cares? I can have a party on this topic all by myself. \:D/

Anyhoo, today I was reading about the founding of microscopy, and the first person to invent the compound microscope in 1590 was named Zacharias Janssen, which reminded me of Al Janssen, the notorious executive producer during the split episode era. (1998-2000)
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Oh, there are so many things that remind me of AIO. *nods* I guess I just never post about it because it happens so often. And sometimes I forget. =p
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

I watched a Get Smart episode a few weeks back that had Janet Waldo in it. \:D/
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Real life doesn't remind me of Odyssey; Odyssey reminds me of real life. \:D/
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Two things:

1. I was watching TV with my niece last week, a Keebler commercial came on and we recognized Andre Stojka's voice. "It's Whit!" we both shouted.

2. I live in Mitchell, SD which is the location of the World's Only Corn Palace (a building decorated with murals made entirely of ears of corn and natural grasses). In the history of the town, 3 different buildings have been the Corn Palace. Only one performer has performed in all three Corn Palaces: John Philip Susa. Everytime I hear this tidbit I think of The Amazing Loser and the susaphone.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Today I saw a giant puffball in the woods, and I thought, I hope no one stomps on it until it's ripe enough to release spores (because I want to do it!) and I was reminded of the quote from Truth Trivia and Trina where Connie replies with the answer that a mushroom that can have 'sixteen billion spores' (I forget the exact number but I'm pretty sure it's billion something.:) ) that she learned from one of Eugene's lectures. :)
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Today I needed sunscreen and a co-worker let me use hers. She handed me the bottle and said, "You won't get burned, this is SPF 100." I turned to my brother and fellow Odyssey fan and we both said "you could catch on fire and it wouldn't penetrate this stuff." Then we continued with more Glenn Adams quotes, our hysterical laughter was met with confused stares.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
TigerintheShadows

Yesterday during a quiz bowl tournament, there was a bonus question on African nations. A clue for one of them involved the Ashanti tribe.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Old Judge
Catspaw is splendiferous

Post by The Old Judge »

:shock: Miss Trandy, I am dumbfounded. I always thought the Ashanti were a made up people, just like Rakistan was a fictional country. Apparently they live in the Ashanti region of Ghana. That is incredible.
"Some folks say, 'Well, America's gone too far,' and I say, 'Lazarus was dead, but that wasn't too much for Jesus.'"
---Jeff Fugate
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

The Ashanti people are real. I live in Ghana, and we have Ashantes here :p
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

We've been studying Proverbs in a Bible study and last week we came to chapters 26 and 27 and these great verses:

Proverbs 26:4, 5 "Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes."

Proverbs 26:27 "Whoever digs a pit will fall into it; if someone rolls a stone, it will roll back on them."

Proverbs 27:9 (NASB) "Oil and perfume make the heart glad,
So a man’s counsel is sweet to his friend."

I Want My BTV, A Rathbone of Contention, and Now More Than Ever
"Pits and stones, Bart. Pits and stones." -Whit

It's great to be listening to AIO and hear about Bible verses. And it's fun to be reading your Bible and the verses remind you of an AIO episode. Of course it loses something when you try to explain to your friends why a particular verse makes you think of Percival and rotting fruit.
-William Booth
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

On Friday night I was talking to a friend of mine at the football game and he's like a living Eugene with Wooten mixed in. He was telling me about this science research project he's doing, it's a camera that will take a picture every time you open your mailbox, and after telling me about it, he ended with, "Stealing mail is a federal offence!!" One of the greatest references to Wooten ever.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
TigerintheShadows

My mom was telling me this story about a girl on our high school's freshman volleyball team who plays well but has a horrible attitude. I informed her that this reminded me almost instantly of Heather from "Poor Loser".
AIO tumblr sideblog
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

I visited the Des Moines art museum today and saw a painting by Georgia O'Keefe, and as I read the name I heard Jacques Henri's voice in my mind. Then I saw a Monet and heard Connie's voice telling Mitch that it was part of a rhyming theme.

Odyssey is everywhere
-William Booth
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

On a prayer sheet at church last night I saw the name 'John Whittaker'. =]
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

I've seen a couple of billboards recently that were advertising AIO Wireless. Apparently it's new, because I haven't seen anything about it before now.
TigerintheShadows

Uber Facts just tweeted that if a hen's earlobes are white, she'll lay white eggs, and if they're red, she'll lay brown. \:D/ I was so tempted to tweet it to Focus or the AIO team.
AIO tumblr sideblog
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Today 2 things: My mom was eating cabbage for lunch and she randomly says 'a deaf cabbage'. We tend to do that every once in a while...

On the way home from the Hobbit, Mom said she thought that Smaug sounded like Dr. Blackgaard.
TigerintheShadows

I just learned today that the Christian organization Passion Conferences was founded by Louis Giglio and a fellow by the name of Jeff Lewis. \:D/
AIO tumblr sideblog