Your Summer Plans: 2013!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Your Summer Plans: 2013!

Post by American Eagle »

Look back at your plans from last year.

It's April now... what do you foresee for yourself during the summer months? Vacation, summer school, zombie attacks, marriage, graduation, the debt crisis or what? \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

This summer I will be volunteering at the same Ranch as last year, as well as just hanging out with friends and family. Not to mention getting ready for next year (technically my last year of college \:D/ )

Till the end of the line.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Well, if you look back on last year, that didn't happen. :(
I'm hoping to go this year. On our way to Calgary.
But the problem is, I probably won't go down to Calgary. :|
So, I'll most likely be in the same place as last year.....maybe I might go to the zoo or the waterpark. :D
But I don't feel so bad when I realize that a lot of people don't go on vacations. So I'm okay. \:D/
I sound whiny, don't I? :P
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Everything I said last year happened, except for the few days on the north shore. That turned into a really fun day trip with my sister and her friend to the north shore instead.

This summer I'm a groomsman for a very good friend of mine in Columbus. I'm taking extended time off from work, so I'll be traveling before the wedding, I just don't know where, though I'm leaning towards Mackinac Island. And there should be another day trip to the north shore somewhere in there too (there is unfinished business up there to take care of, as we had to cut our hiking short last year after I fell in a river).
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Last summer I worked a lot and did a lot of shopping because I moved away from home for the first time for university. This year I won't do nearly as much shopping because I already have most of the stuff I'll need for school next year.

My plans for this summer include working (possibly 2 jobs), playing simcity, sewing or crocheting, reading, and exercising. I want to join a crossfit gym, and also want to join a masters swim team. I definitely won't be able to do both, so I'll have to decide.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

What will I do? Well, assuming I actually survive the graduation crunch, I'm hoping I'll have time to recharge my batteries after going nonstop these last few weeks. (I don't think I've had a real vacation all year. *sigh* Christmas break was spent studying for diplomas and Spring Break was a Spanish homework fest.) Outside of that, I'll probably guilt myself into working again this summer--though perhaps not full-time like last year. Ugh, forty hour work weeks... On top of all of that, I'm also going to do a whole lot of reading, since I never have time to just read during the school year. I'm also hoping that I'll the opportunity to travel to the states to visit some friends, but I have no concrete plans at this point.
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

My summer plans are going to consist of school...And doctors... :(
merp.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Looking back on my plans last year, we DID end up traveling the 24 hours to Texas and throwing a surprise 60th birthday party for my mom. And I met Catspaw and JF! \:D/

This year, I don't know of any plans right now besides the farmer's market. There will be a primary election in June, so I'll be at the polls one day. Other than that....pretty open this year. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I don't think I had a plan on ToO last year. As for this year: Graduation!!!!, Disneyland, hanging out with my friends, and looking for a legit job. And who knows, I could get into a residency program in California and THAT could be my summer... terrifying thought. Oh, and movies. :D
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

My plan is to take advantage of my free time and date as many handsome men as I can. \:D/
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

My plans are simple. Work making springs, see my churches merge and host a few guests here in CT.

Downside of moving out of NYC though is that people don't want to travel to me as much....
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Working, Getting my drivers license, Passing the AP US history test, running 15-20 miles a week, Mission trip, working on speech and debate stuff, VBS. Never a dull moment ;)

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
JMoriarty
Just visiting

Post by JMoriarty »

My Summer Plans: 1. Practice my evil laugh. 2. People watch. 3. Update my security. 4. Work on my chess techniques. 5. Ninjutsu! 6. Hire more minions. 7. Buy a black car. 8. Install more cameras around town. 9. Stockpile weapons. 10. TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!!!
"You're heading for a fall. But don't be afraid of falling, it's just like flying, only there's a more permanent destination."~Jim Moriarty
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

JMoriarty wrote:My Summer Plans: 1. Practice my evil laugh. 2. People watch. 3. Update my security. 4. Work on my chess techniques. 5. Ninjutsu! 6. Hire more minions. 7. Buy a black car. 8. Install more cameras around town. 9. Stockpile weapons. 10. TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!!!
You make my summer look pretty dull... ;)

Looking back at last year's list, one of the things that I never added was meeting Josh and Jake. That was a really awesome time! \:D/

Anyways, plans are just like those of last year: catch up on school as we can, do activities/events as they come, and rest when we're able. :) Maybe write more letters to friends, garden, do some summer sewing projects, memorize chapters for Bible Quiz, etc.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I read my summer plans from last year, and I actually completed them all :)

This year is probably going to consist of finishing up/getting ahead in school, as I've dedicated 2 hours a day to that starting June 24th. A couple of music contests, which I'm already practicing and excited for :), our annual church family camp, and the National Bible Bee.

As far as smaller things, I'm hoping to read at least two books a week outside of school assignments, run at least 1 1/2 miles most days, finish some projects that I've been putting off for way to long, and keep in touch with long distance friends better.

I'm really looking forward to this summer!
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I'm hoping to make some doll items this summer using DIY videos from a channel from Youtube.
Go swimming, jump off a diving board for the first time in years. (not gonna happen. ;) )
I might end up writing some stuff, too.
I've been thinking, and maybe I could get a paper route for to earn money, since I have none. (thank you, Wii U, and New Super Mario Bros. U)
I shouldn't be so grumpy. There are plenty of interesting things I can think up to do!
Exploring our small town sounds like something cool to do in the summer.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Sleep all I can. Get tired of moving in a jiffy.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

@Joy: I love looking up youtube videos, etc. to learn how to make doll stuff! \:D/ You should post pictures of your creations during the summer! :)
Jesus' Princess wrote:As far as smaller things, I'm hoping to read at least two books a week outside of school assignments...
:huh:

I'll be doing good to finish 4 books by the end of the whole summer... :anxious:

@Jake: For the whole summer?! You really need to get a better list than that. :noway:
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Sunshine wrote:@Joy: I love looking up youtube videos, etc. to learn how to make doll stuff! \:D/ You should post pictures of your creations during the summer! :)
Jesus' Princess wrote:As far as smaller things, I'm hoping to read at least two books a week outside of school assignments...
:huh:

I'll be doing good to finish 4 books by the end of the whole summer... :anxious:
I'm hoping to :) My goal was to read 52 books this year, which breaks down to a book a week, but I haven't had nearly enough time to read this year, so that's one of my summer goals. :)
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I plan on living my life. Taking it by the reins and slapping it upside the head to do with whatever I please.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY