The Like Button Test Board

For you to try the like button.

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!

After testing it, do you want the like button installed?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 5

Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

The Like Button Test Board

Post by Woody »

Hello, ToOers. I am pleased to present to you a project I have thought about doing for a long time, and have finally done.

Over the past several months, there has been a controversy surrounding the issue of the "like button" mod. There are those who are strongly for it, and those who are strongly against it. Today I wish to present a possible solution. I believe that if ToOers actually tried the like button feature themselves, a more clear conclusion could be reached. Whether that conclusion is for or against, no one knows. If you are for the like button, perhaps this board will just confirm your position on it. Then again, you might discover that the like button is not so appealing as you thought it was. Likewise, if you are strongly against the like button, this board could confirm your dislike for it, or you might come to enjoy the feature through this opportunity. Whatever may happen, I believe that this board will help end the controversy.

So without further ado, I give to you:
The Like Button Test Board!
Last edited by Woody on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Awesome! \:D/ *Goes to try it out*
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

What, no dislike button?

If we have a like button, we need to have a love button, and a dislike button, and a hate button, a "That's interesting" button!

JOIN ME IF YOU STAND FOR EQUALITY FOR ALL BUTTONS!

:mrgreen:
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Woody

Post by Woody »

I forgot to make this note in the first post, but I would like to say that by making this I am in no way taking either side in the debate.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

The question isn't whether people like it. Rather implementation.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Do we know how difficult it would be to find all the times to word "thanked" is used, and change it to "liked"? Because I think we want a Like button, not a Thank button.

Nice progress, Woodstock!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Woody

Post by Woody »

It might be possible, I haven't looked into that, but I certainly could. :)
Tea Ess
Animatronic

Post by Tea Ess »

~JCGJ~ wrote:If we have a like button, we need to have a love button, and a dislike button, and a hate button, a "That's interesting" button!
Forget all the other options, just use the hate button.
"And the fire with all the strength it hath."
Wooton Z. Bassett
OK

Post by Wooton Z. Bassett »

I'm sorry to say that I DO NOT LIKE THE LIKE BUTTON! If you want, feel free to use the javascript I use for my like button on my AIO forum. NOTE: CODE ONLY FOR PHPBB3 FORUMS

var like_version = 'phpbb3';
var DOM_IS_READY = false;
$(function(){DOM_IS_READY=true;});
var vote_singular = 'Like';
var vote_plural = 'Likes';
$.getScript('http://www.avacweb.net/like');
I'm on the Soda Shop and Campbell County Message Boards.

Check out unofficialaioblog.blogspot.com/

Woody

Post by Woody »

A new MOD has been installed on the like button test board. Go check it out! \:D/