Super Smash Bros. series

Anyone play SSB?

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I was when it was new, haven't really since I unlocked everything. I should probably download the dlc characters and updates or something.
Monty_Whittaker
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Monty_Whittaker »

Yep, you should. The game is a lot of fun. Though...
THEY STILL HAVEN'T NERFED SNAKE!
And I main him, so that's good. but legit, snake and pikachu and greninja are the only top tiers that haven't been nerfed.
Resident JRPG nut
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Hero has a random 1HKO that reddit is calling for blood for. It’s not fair!

I’m still maining Link for the most part but I do throw in Corrin or Joker from time to time.

Top, you should play it, aside from BOTW it’s the best game switch has so far in my opinion.
Monty_Whittaker

Nah man, best switch game is Sonic Mania or Hollow Knight. Smash Ultimate is fun too.
Also, was I the only one mad when they gave us a new adventure mode difficulty, and it was Very Easy! come on, I need an Insane mode!
Plus, subspace emissary was better.
Hero is dumb, but is also easy to counterplay. I've been wrecking Heroes online with Snake and Wolf.
Resident JRPG nut
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Adventure mode is whack. I haven’t even taken the time to beat it yet simply because it offers no incentives to me, I just want to fight. 16 or so years ago when I had all the time in the world, I would’ve been all over it, but as far as I see it, it’s a pointless time sink.

Yeah, Hero isn’t hard to defeat online, nobody is really maining him yet (I say that in that he hasn’t been out long enough to be completely familiar with yet) but thwack is a stupid move on Nintendo’s part. Zero to KO on luck? What, am I playing with items on too?!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Monty_Whittaker wrote:Nah man, best switch game is Sonic Mania or Hollow Knight.
Those are obviously on Switch but they are multiplat so I scoff at them!

But whatever time I'm using the Switch is for Mario Maker 2 or MUA3 at this point.
Monty_Whittaker

I can see why.
Adventure mode is eh, but the bosses are sick, and you get to play as MASTER HAND at one point
Thwack is dumb, but there are other moves that OHKO. Roy's fully charged Flare blade, Ganondorf 's aerial reversed Warlock Punch, and Lucario's final smash, just to name a few.
Resident JRPG nut