Bring Back Bernard...

...and then write him back out

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Bring Back Bernard...

Post by Dallas R. »

Okay, so this topic has totally been beat to death, but hey, lets look at it again anyway.

In both Album 55 and 56, I felt they did a great job of writing out some of our old favorite characters, without being a turn-off for new listeners. Naturally, I think the next character on the list to deserve a goodbye should be Bernard. I understand the direction things have taken post-hiatus, and realize why they left behind some of the old characters, but it still isn't fair for us fans not to get closure.

I think the last two albums have shown returns can be done successfully. Mitch was brought back in a non-confusing way to new listeners, and yet us older listeners finally got closure. Jack and Joanne had a nice return, and a good explanation why they won't be around very much.

Bringing back Bernard wouldn't take a lot of introduction, only that he's a janitor for Whit's End or something. Of course, the challenge might be writing him out without repeating another similar retirement story. But however they do it, I think both we as fans, and Bernard as a character, deserve a better write off.

Who knows, maybe it could be a new theme for awhile. Bring back one old character per album, and then either write them out, or keep them around.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I think I am at peace with Bernard not coming back, though I would like at least a phone call "from Florida" to Whit evey now and then like in Silent Night. I would also like to see Jack come back for at least one episode to show Jason the business.......and so he could invite Whit to visit them in Scotland paving the way for Whit to be out for a few if need be. Don´t pensioners keep up with one another after they move?
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden