Alphabetical play list

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Alphabetical play list

Post by jennifertwt »

Just for fun I was trying to make a playlist of 26 eps, one from each letter with the alphabet. Rats, there are no episodes starting with X or Z. I thought about The Truth about *Z*achary, but that is the close I can get. Maybe they will fix this in upcoming releases. I am stumped for X. :pray:
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

You could listen to the "Plan B" episodes, all of which start with a word beginning with "Ex." I think that's about as close as you're going to get. ;)
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Christian A. wrote:You could listen to the "Plan B" episodes, all of which start with a word beginning with "Ex." I think that's about as close as you're going to get. ;)
that is an idea!

-- 31 Dec 2012 05:05 pm --

Hee hee, there are quite a few from Battle Lines that start with "ex" as well..........I was never a big fan of Novacom so I have actually not heard all of that album. Could be fun!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

novacom was the best villain in odyssey.

fun idea though.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Christian A. wrote:You could listen to the "Plan B" episodes, all of which start with a word beginning with "Ex." I think that's about as close as you're going to get. ;)
I think you mean the last 4 episodes of Battle Lines. None of the Plan B parts begin with Ex. The last 4 of the Novacom Saga, however, are Exceptional Circumstances, Expect The Worst, Exactly As Planned, and Exit.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Oh, yes. You are correct. Both of them being four episode series at the end of albums, I get them mixed up. ;)
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Great X-pectations! :D
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

"Xmas Conundrum, An"
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Great Expectations is a good one.

I was also thinking The Twilife Zone for "Z".
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

What do you have for Q? :-k
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

My guess is "Question About Tasha, A"
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Woody wrote:My guess is "Question About Tasha, A"
Yes, that is a good one, but I also like A Quality of Mercy. This has proven tougher than I thought. Since these are not following any particular chronological order, I think "slice of life" eps are best. "EX" is tough though since I either have to choose a Novacom ep or A Most Extraordinary Conclusion from Eugene Returns which is sort of "out there" without its context. We shall see.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

I told you, use "An Xmas Conundrum"
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:I told you, use "An Xmas Conundrum"
A Christmas Conundrum is one of my favorite episodes, but it is not really an "x" or even an "ex". I now know that the X in Xmas refers to a greek letter but I grew up listening to ignorant but well meaning Christians say "people who do that are putting an X in place of Christ". I know that is not true, but it something I remember every time I see it, therefore I always write out Christmas or in notes to myself put C-mas.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Yeah, I know, and I detest the use of "Xmas", even though it's a greek abbreviation, because it just doesn't sound good. However, this on of my faves, so I thought I'd proffer the idea.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

jennifertwt wrote:I now know that the X in Xmas refers to a greek letter but I grew up listening to ignorant but well meaning Christians say "people who do that are putting an X in place of Christ". I know that is not true, but it something I remember every time I see it, therefore I always write out Christmas or in notes to myself put C-mas.
This is my experience, too! When I was a kid, we had a CD with a song by ETW that said "You say that X means Christ. What, in Greek? Yo, we live in America, so the storyline is weak." The song was called "You Can't Spell Christmas Without Christ."

Anyway, back to the subject, can you share the rest of your list? And does it begin with A Bite of Applesauce? Because that's the episode I would choose for A if I were making the list.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

I got side tracked and haven´t finished it but will try to do so this week. I put A...is for Attitude as number 1!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Perhaps we should inform the writers of the gross need for episodes beginning with X and Z. Perhaps an episode on Xylophones, or another one on xenophobia.
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Perhaps we should inform the writers of the gross need for episodes beginning with X and Z. Perhaps an episode on Xylophones, or another one on xenophobia.
Yes, I am hoping they correct this in the next couple of albums....have to think about possiblities............ :pray:

-- 30 Jan 2013 12:05 pm --

And here it is! Without any thought to timeline, I just picked my favorite or significant episodes that began with each letter.

A-A...is for Attitude
B-Back to Bethlehem
C-Connie
D-Dead Ends
E-Elijah
F-Family Vacation
G-Gone....
H-Heatwave
I-It Happened at Four Corners
J-Just Say Yes
K-Kids Radio
L-Love is in the Air
M-Monty´s Christmas
N-New Year´s Eve Live
O-Our Best Vacation Ever
P-Peace on Earth
Q-A Question about Tasha (that is a stretch.....need more "Q" episodes).
R-Recollections
S-Silent Night
T-Thanksgiving at Home
U-Unto Us a Child is Born
V-VBS Blues
W-Waylaid in the Windy City
X-Exit, also a stretch
Y-You Go to School Where?
Z-The Twilife Zone, also a stretch.

I thought of a great episode for the X...."X Marks the Spot". That could be a pirate adventure, buried treasure, or spy thriller, all of which have been done before, but who cares!

hm..........Z could be Zenon, something that happens in The Inventors Corner.

Q.............hm...........Quiet Please (title of old radio show) could be soemthing that happens in school, something aboug gossip or keeping confidences..........

Enjoy!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden