The Cost of Cheap Clothing

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1
It’s my birthday

The Cost of Cheap Clothing

Post by Marvin D. »

Discuss. What are your opinions on this?
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- A deadly fire at a Bangladesh apparel factory that manufactured items for major U.S. stores like Wal-Mart and Sears raises troubling questions about the high cost of cheap clothing, and whether the world's largest companies are doing enough to monitor worker conditions in their overseas production facilities.
A total of 112 people were killed and at least 200 more were injured in a fire Saturday at the Tazreen Fashions Factory, located near Bangladesh's capital city Dhaka. Two days later, another apparel factory near Dhaka caught fire. Ten people were injured after jumping from windows to escape the inferno at the 10-story building. Eye witnesses say that managers had locked the windows and gates to the buildings, which had no fire escapes, effectively trapping the workers in....
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Guess Who!
I'm memorable

Post by Guess Who! »

Triangle shirtwaist?
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)