To the Bride of Christ

Spoken Word

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

To the Bride of Christ

Post by jelly »

Hey guys,

I present, for your consideration:

A lot of work was put into this project. Greg is a fairly well-known name from Calgary, and we're pretty excited about the boost this thing is getting (we 'released' it late last night and it's already pulled in 400+ views). I'm actually pretty excited about the idea of this getting spread around, not just for my sake or his, but because this is the message Christians should be passionate about. We're all pretty quick to post the YouTube video of the guy who claims to love Jesus but hates religion, or other meaningful but misguided rants about all the problems with the church.. when we forget to focus on this. That we are the Bride of Christ. Imperfect as we may be. Let's look at things optimistically again.

If this resonated with you, I would encourage you to share it on your facebook wall or something. Let's actually see if we can get this thing viral. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

That's really really awesome! So, often these sorts of spoken word/sermon jam/youtube sensation things are negative - it's so easy to point out the flaws in the church because there are inherently so many. It's really cool to see one that points out all the good things that the church is and does. Also, the writing (along with the video) is really really well done! Great job, dude! :yes:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Mad props to you for being part of a positive video. I echo what KBT said. I expected it to be like, "Church, you need to wake up! You need to stop sinning and being corrupt!!" But then it was different... and I felt inspired to live even more for Christ.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

That was really inspirational. I like the approach you used, thanks for sharing it.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I really appreciate your thoughts, KBT and AE. :) That's exactly why I'm so excited about it. It's a passionate reaffirmation of the Church in a time when the church is under so much scrutiny, especially from the church itself.

Also, 1000+ views in under a day. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

What a wonderful video and a brilliant reminder to all Christians. I played it for my parents and my mom was in tears at the end. Thank you so much for sharing, werewolf ;)
*insert provocative quote here*
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

That was really, really good.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein