Updated Album Art

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Updated Album Art

Post by Dallas R. »

So, now that we have the final updates to the modern Album Art style, I thought it would be fun to discuss thoughts on the overall collection. What do we like? What don't we like? Favorite color scheme or layout? Least favorite? Anything goes.

My thoughts

Favorites- I really like album 5, 25, 32, 53. The ones with black color schemes are cool. I wasn't sure how they'd pull off the update for 37, Countermoves, but it worked well. I'm glad they made new pictures for some of the Gold Audio Albums.

Dislikes- I wish they had put a new picture on album eight. Eugene with the cash register is not my favorite. I still don't like the new color scheme for the Lost Episodes either. I don't like that parts of the cover were lost converting albums 36-43 to the new style. Especially Out of Control.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

I like #5 as well. I haven't put much thought into it, but I was sort of disappointed with the new look of #11. I liked the orange border that it had before, and it sort of bugs me visually for it to be black.

I disagree with you about #8. I've always liked the art for that album. It gives a great visual context to the scene when you're listening to the episode, I think.

The pink design that they went with for #26 was certainly unique; I'm still not entirely sure what I think about it.

I reeeally liked the update to #1, now that I think about it. I thought the new border complimented the original artwork very, very well.

The new art for #2 is just priceless. xD I love the characature of the bear and the exaggerated dimensions.

Am I the only one who thinks that #28: "Welcome Home" looks starkly different than all the rest of Gary Locke's artwork? I mean, it's the same basic style, but it's just got a weird design. I still like it though.

I'm sure I would have a lot more to say if I thought about it more, but overall, I think it was a smart step to unite all of the albums under the same artist and similar borders. It will probably lead to better sales. I really like Gary Locke's work, so there's not much to complain about.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Gary Locke is fantastic, even if I'll miss the desk and flat Tom and all that. My biggest complaint about the repacks is how the name of Album 2 was changed. Other than that, I love 'em, and I'm super excited that they're all done now!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent