Ask the Gay Guy

This one is for questions pertaining to homosexuality, I'm sure you have them

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:
Jelly wrote:
Dasi wrote:you know what,forget I ever said anything.You all are so closed minded and immature about this that I don't even want to discuss this anymore.
Dasi, this is called hypocrisy, and you'll find that it's one of the many reason people hate the church. ;) I would respectfully encourage you to take leave of this thread until you're more educated on this topic. Nothing you're saying hasn't already been said before, and you're only spreading a harmful and disgusting ideology. Plus, it makes for tasty troll bait.
Jelly wrote:No, don't do that. ;) Just start focusing more on beauty and value and stop defining yourself by what you are against.
Or you could not listen to Jelly. He's a bit of a pretentious jerk. Say whatever you want, it's fine.
OOO! OOOOO!!! Can I say whatever I want too?! :mrgreen:
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

jjjj is mostly interested in controversially antagonizing people as much as possible, so he gets upset when reason and positivity comes along and kills all his fun. :( Also, what's a thread about homosexuality without name calling?
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Samantha14
All That Is Sam.
All That Is Sam.

Post by Samantha14 »

Jelly wrote:jjjj is mostly interested in controversially antagonizing people as much as possible, so he gets upset when reason and positivity comes along and kills all his fun. :( Also, what's a thread about homosexuality without name calling?
Makes sense. :(

And good point... :-k
merp.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Dasi wrote:
Kait wrote:That guy's issues sound like they have far less to do with his sexual orientation than the fact he's just a jerkwad. Given I've dealt with the exact same thing from many straight men, some people just don't know how to be respectful of others.
are you a lesbian, Kait?...

Er... no ... I'm just saying that it doesn't matter if you are gay or straight ... no means no and if someone continues to be pushy after receiving a very clear "no," they are just a jerk regardless of sexual orientation.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

Jelly wrote:jjjj is mostly interested in controversially antagonizing people as much as possible, so he gets upset when reason and positivity comes along and kills all his fun. :( Also, what's a thread about homosexuality without name calling?
Jelly is mostly interested in being a pompous idiot as much as possible so gets upset when people come along and start deconstructing his arguments with reason killing his fun. :( It's ok, he does this all the time. Oh and insulting me. That's one of his top priorities. \:D/
~JCGJ~ wrote:
Jelly wrote:
Dasi wrote:you know what,forget I ever said anything.You all are so closed minded and immature about this that I don't even want to discuss this anymore.
Dasi, this is called hypocrisy, and you'll find that it's one of the many reason people hate the church. ;) I would respectfully encourage you to take leave of this thread until you're more educated on this topic. Nothing you're saying hasn't already been said before, and you're only spreading a harmful and disgusting ideology. Plus, it makes for tasty troll bait.
Jelly wrote:No, don't do that. ;) Just start focusing more on beauty and value and stop defining yourself by what you are against.
Or you could not listen to Jelly. He's a bit of a pretentious jerk. Say whatever you want, it's fine.
OOO! OOOOO!!! Can I say whatever I want too?! :mrgreen:
Absolutely, have at it. The more the merrier! xD
Last edited by jasonjannajerryjohn on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Yeah, I literally get upset all the time. :( I even call people idiots and frequently insult them. All the time. It's definitely one of my top priorities.
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

I could call some names right now... But I shall refrain. :anxious:
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They/Them
Dasi
Fourscore and seven

Post by Dasi »

Jelly wrote:
why thank you, JJJJ. wait you were talking to me right?....
One ring to rule them all.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:I don't believe I have. -googles- Wow that kid is very gay isn't he. ;D
Johnny Weir is up there in gayest people ever. FANTASTIC skater. I actually didn't know he didn't come out until 2011. But apparently he did in his memoir to be a positive role model for other gay youth. Also... that "kid" is older than you, JJJJ. :x

Wait, I was supposed to ask you a question. Um, let's see, something stereotypical bordering on rude because I know I can get away with it... Um, so, how do you feel about figure skating? Does being gay make you more likely to watch skating?
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

I don't believe I've ever watched skating. :( I'm not much of a sports person, but if I do watch sports I'd prefer volleyball or soccer. I could get behind a game of football every now and again too.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Does being gay mean you're fabulous? \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

jasonjannajerryjohn wrote:I realized I was gay at the age of 10 in fifth grade. About the time I started having crushes on other people. That is as far back as I can remember as far as sexuality goes. I don't remember having sexual thoughts at the time, though since I hadn't hit puberty yet.

Nah, xiao, I don't actually drink. :( And even if I did it wouldn't be legal since I'm not even 21 yet. Shh... ;)
Do you drink now. \:D/
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Marvin D. wrote:Does being gay mean you're fabulous? \:D/

:mrgreen: \:D/ :mrgreen: \:D/ :mrgreen:

You know, Ryan always seemed rather gay to me...
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
They/Them
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

~JCGJ~ wrote:You know, Ryan always seemed rather gay to me...
I always felt like that was implied in the first and second, but Wikipedia says he dated Kelsi in the third. *shrugs*

#whatiusedtohavedisneychannel #noshameinlikingmusicals
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Pshh. Cover girlfriend. :P

I never did see the third one; it wasn't worth paying for a ticket.
Last edited by ~JCGJ~ on Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
They/Them
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Ryan didn't have a girlfriend in the third one. It's not canon. Canon is relative after all. ;D

Actually, I watched the three HSMs recently (don't judge me, I think they're hilariously bad...) and I didn't sense any sort of romance between Ryan and Kelsi. It's more nudged at than anything else which of course means it can be safely ignored. Ryan actually has more chemistry with Troy's friend Chad than anyone else. Because:

After the song for a brief thirty second scene, they're wearing each other's clothes. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
darcie wrote:#noshameinlikingmusicals
No shame in liking musicals. But HSM is horrible. Especially by musical standards. So, yeah, plenty of shame in liking HSM... ;D But I like them cause they're bad. So, so bad it's good. Yeah. That's it.
Last edited by jasonjannajerryjohn on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Pound Foolish
Tallying up

Post by Pound Foolish »

So, Jason, or Jerry, or John, or whatever your name is. (Forgive my goofing around, I do get the reference.)

Whatever your definition of happiness is, would you say you're happy? If so, how would you say being gay contributes/takes away from that?
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Awesome, I missed this thread. \:D/
The Mysterious
I've been here a bit

Post by The Mysterious »

I basically do not think gay, lesbian, or bisexual marriage is to be allowed in the church. However, I'm not a homophobic (one who believes such people have to be killed). That being said I'll ask you a question.

Q: Doesn't Homosexuality cause AIDS? A Great majority of homosexuals have this disease. Plus, homosexuals get other major diseases.

@Other People, I don't believe that saying to JJJJ "YOU'RE GOING TO HELL, YOU DEVILISIH, EVILISH, BEASTLY CREATURE!" is at ALL a good idea. We must speak pleasently and wisely. However, we must stand for the truth. Whatever is truth is truth. No Compromise. I do not approve that the QJV changed the KJV in 8 verses. 8 verses which speak against homosexuality. We can't stop JJJJ from doing this and that. We're not God. Even God does not force his will on people. JJJJ has to make a decision himself. If he's going to hell, God will convict him.
John Chrysostom
No way I broke the window

Post by John Chrysostom »

A homophobic is not just one who wants LGBT people killed, that is a rather extreme view that I would hope no one holds too. But homophobia is the fear of homosexuals, often an unjustified fear. Such as homosexuals cause AIDS and get other major diseases. Neither of which is a factual statement. AIDS when it first came to America spread first among the homosexual community but that is no longer the case and they didn't cause it and they get major disease, like other parts of society.

You say you don't think saying JJJJ is going to hell is a good idea yet you go ahead and say that in the end, why?

To be perfectly honest JJJJ probably won't see this and even if he did he wouldn't care.