Christian Rap

Do you listen to it?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Wooton Z. Bassett
OK

Christian Rap

Post by Wooton Z. Bassett »

I love Christian rap. I listen to it every day. My favourite artists are Shai Linne and Lecrae. Do you guys listen to christian rap? What is your opinion on it?
I'm on the Soda Shop and Campbell County Message Boards.

Check out unofficialaioblog.blogspot.com/

Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I have Rebel, Rehab, and Gravity by Lecrae. That is the extent of my Rap collection. I think Gravity and Rehab are excellent albums however and still listen every now and again.
The Hippie
Processing

Post by The Hippie »

I use to listen to Lecrae a lot, he's pretty good. I don't really like the term "Christian" rap though, it kind of puts the rapper in a box. I honestly prefer them to be MCs first, who are christians.

But anyway, as far as MCs who are christians go: I really dig Propaganda, Heath Mcnease, Braille, and Beautiful Eulogy, those are probably my favs.

If you like "christian rap" you might like this.

Love Peace, Love music, Love life.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

The Hippie wrote:I use to listen to Lecrae a lot, he's pretty good. I don't really like the term "Christian" rap though, it kind of puts the rapper in a box. I honestly prefer them to be MCs first, who are christians.

But anyway, as far as MCs who are christians go: I really dig Propaganda, Heath Mcnease, Braille, and Beautiful Eulogy, those are probably my favs.

If you like "christian rap" you might like this.

I agree with that, And that's why I really enjoy Lecrae. He sings about god but also shows resentment to being put "In a box" so to speak in the song "Co-Sign"
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

lecrae and kj 52. are the only ones i listen to. i cant find much that will listen to more then one song and lose all interest. well the tunnel ratz but thats a long time ago and they all went to do their solo stuff.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Arkán Dreamwalker »

On Saturday I went to a youth day for our diaces. The last thing when it started getting dark was a Christian rap concert. A priest, yes a Franciscan priest, in a brown robe came on the stage and started singing rap music. And he was really good. With the music and everything. And a female rapper did one song with him, which was called Little Drummer Boy Rap I think, and it was by Lecrae I think. One one of the songs was certainly by Lecrae anyway. And then there was a Catholic rapper from around San Fransisco with his brother. And then some Catholic rappers from Texas, FoundNation. There were colored lights, and they were throwing out free rosaries, and a few free CDs, and it was pretty loud, and it was the first Catholic rap concert I had ever experienced. It certainly is an usual thing to have a lot of teens and a band and yelling and singing for God. And the music was so good.
~ Walker in Dreams
CreativeThinker101
Fourscore and seven

Post by CreativeThinker101 »

My opinion is not the rap is evil, but that it's bad music. I've heard the Christian rap, and it's just not my style. I don't see why people enjoy it. I can't even understand what they're saying, truthfully. I prefer Chris Tomlin and even Skillet or Newsboys to Lecrae or TobyMac. Sorry...
Signed,
CreativeThinker101
And Check out my AIO website! Here's a link: http://www.justanotheraioblog.blogspot.com/ Please comment on it! Because if you don't, I'm gonna call the exterminator!
THANK YOU
(P.S. What an interesting and fun website.)
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Music in and of itself isn't bad, it's the lyrics that make it so.

I must admit, "Riding with my top down, listenin' to that Jesus music!" is quite catchy... but I still don't like rap. ;) Except for the ones in "Alligator Sky". O:)
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

The Hippie wrote:But anyway, as far as MCs who are christians go: I really dig Propaganda, Heath Mcnease, Braille, and Beautiful Eulogy, those are probably my favs.
Totally. Heath McNease tries to be too much of a singer/songwritier, but his hip hop is great, and Beautiful Eulogy is outstanding.

That's pretty much it for me in terms of hip hop. I like Shad too. He's not christian, but all that I've heard from him is completely clean.
Wooton Z. Bassett
OK

Post by Wooton Z. Bassett »

Check this out. I heard it and was automatically amazed.
I'm on the Soda Shop and Campbell County Message Boards.

Check out unofficialaioblog.blogspot.com/