Anybody here a fan of Falling Up?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Anybody here a fan of Falling Up?

Post by Taps »

So, I recently decided to buy an album by Falling Up! Having heard good things about them from a few members on this board, and a few friends in "real life" \:D/ So I bought the album Fangs! And gave it a listen... it ended up being one of the most captivating, inspiring, beautiful, and fascinating albums I have ever heard. I really dug the story, and started piecing it all together as I listened... I thought it was an amazing story. So I decided to buy "Your Sparkling Death Cometh" and have just listened for the second time- again, a simply phenomenal album. Right now I cannot possibly choose which I enjoy more- but I have found out that Falling Up has just become one of my favorite artists of all time \:D/ So anybody else here a fan of Falling Up?
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

After perusing this forum, I am finding my musical knowledge woefully inadequate.

Translation: No, I've never heard them. :( Yet.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Falling Up is amazing.

Fangs! is an amazing album, and Your Sparkling Death is very very good as well.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I have some of their songs, though I have yet to make any effort at listening to new music in full recently. TOO BUSY. *tear*

I do love 'Good Morning Planetarium'. \:D/
Last edited by Termite on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

ric wrote:Falling Up is amazing.

Yeah, I'm always very surprised at the hate "Fangs!" Has gotten. In my opinion it is their best- and I think "Crashings" was their worst. (From the 5 songs I've heard off that album) I guess it's not "energetic" enough for people and they miss the "old Falling Up" However I find the new artistic Falling Up much more fascinating and exciting :yes:
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Taps wrote:
ric wrote:Falling Up is amazing.

Yeah, I'm always very surprised at the hate "Fangs!" Has gotten. In my opinion it is their best- and I think "Crashings" was their worst. (From the 5 songs I've heard off that album) I guess it's not "energetic" enough for people and they miss the "old Falling Up" However I find the new artistic Falling Up much more fascinating and exciting :yes:
Definitely. I'm actually not too surprised at hate for Fangs! just because people generally don't like when a band that has a really mainstream and accessible sound does something really weird and artistic. Your Sparkling Death wasn't nearly as weird, so a lot more people liked it, but I actually thing Fangs! was better.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

The only album I have of Falling Up is "Crashings" and I did like it, but I haven't listened to it for years. I may check out their newer CD's sometime, just for kicks.

Till the end of the line.