US Election 2012 Discussion Topic

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

I cast my fake internet ballot for:

President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden
21%
Governor Willard Mitt Romney and Congressman Paul Ryan
33%
Governor Gary Johnson and whoever he is running with
7%
I tried to vote for Al Gore, but the butterfly ballot confused me and I voted for Pat Buchanan
No votes
Dementia-addled Clint Eastwood
2%
Random third party person no one else cares about
2%
RON PAUL AND AYN RAND!!!!!!
9%
Ross Perot and Admiral Stockdale
No votes
An Ewok and Admiral Ackbar
14%
Top & EB
12%

Total votes: 43

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

US Election 2012 Discussion Topic

Post by The Top Crusader »

...I am going to try to start this in Finneman's, as it is not inherently meant to be a debate topic, but simply a discussion. We'll see how that goes. ;)

So to kick things off:

IMPORTANT ENDORSEMENT MEANS END OF OBAMA CAMPAIGN, SURE WIN FOR ROMNEY:
http://video.foxnews.com/v/181371071700 ... x--friends
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

ROMNEY IS TERRIBLE !!! HE RUIN COUNTRY!:!! COUNTRY NEEDS JESUS TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT OR WE!!111 WILL ALL1 BURN IN THE PIT OF FIRE!!111
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I never heard Obama's VP.. is it Biden?

lol, Clint Eastwood was funny at the RNC.

It improved Romney's chances of winning by having Paul Ryan, imo.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

I will probably vote Obama as I prefer him over Romney. I voted McCain last election.

Foreign policy is probably the most important thing in my book. Obama wins out over Romney on that front times 1000.

But eh. Not the biggest fan of anyone really.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Whitty Whit wrote:lol, Clint Eastwood was funny at the RNC.
He was hilarious \:D/ No one else could ever pull off a great speech like that.

Also, Mittens had a wonderful speech last night :inlove: But I left the room to watch The Hunger Games ten minutes before he finished :anxious:
*insert provocative quote here*
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

I thought the Eastwood speech was distasteful. And horrible.

Loved this by Rand Paul: "Republicans must acknowledge that not every dollar spent on the military is necessary or well spent"
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

Baragon wrote:I thought the Eastwood speech was distasteful. And horrible.

Loved this by Rand Paul: "Republicans must acknowledge that not every dollar spent on the military is necessary or well spent"

I totally agree about ole Clinty. Tim and I were watching it going :-s the whole time. He is getting so old. 90 percent of the speech was him losing his train of thought the other 10 percent was him, as I saw it, just being distasteful.

Also Ann's speech was lame. I haven't watched Mittens' speech yet. Although I HAVE seen all the fact checks done on Ryan's speech. Hahahahahahaha.
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

My vote is here
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

How am I not on this ballot? ;)
ImageImageImage
logos linked
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

John Cena avvie.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Gary Johnson. Libertarians for Merica!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I'm not in favor of either of the 2 main candidates. \:D/ Woot third parties!

This election will be totally crazy at my precinct. :mad: This is the first big election that I will be in charge, and I'm a bit nervous. My precinct is the largest in the county...a lot of people will be coming through all day. Some of the other poll workers helped draw out a new plan of how to set up the tables and voting booths to give the best flow of traffic. And the registrar is sending a laptop with us to help out with any voter issues that we have to look up, so we don't have to call the office in the middle of the rush. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Ayn Rand all the way! (and not in the Paul Ryan sense, either). :noway:

Though, it looks like I'll need to check out this Clint Eastwood business - I've kind of been tuning out on the whole RNC. :(
fiddlergirlsusy
Just visiting

Post by fiddlergirlsusy »

I liked Ron Paul, except for his foreign policy, and that's one of the main things I'm concerned about. I don't like either of the two current candidates, but I'm going for Romney only because I feel he is better than Obama. Donald Duck would make a better candidate than either of them! ;)
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

fiddlergirlsusy wrote:I liked Ron Paul, except for his foreign policy, and that's one of the main things I'm concerned about. I don't like either of the two current candidates, but I'm going for Romney only because I feel he is better than Obama. Donald Duck would make a better candidate than either of them! ;)
So would Johnny Depp. Johnny Depp for president! \:D/
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Kait wrote: Foreign policy is probably the most important thing in my book. Obama wins out over Romney on that front times 1000.
waaaaaaaat.

Also, Rogers and Stark 2012!
...I hate marquees.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah President Obama has done a pretty good job of ignoring what he ran on and just following what W. laid out.

And yay Rogers/Stark, best shirt I bought recently. \:D/
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I wore mine today! \:D/
...I hate marquees.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Haha, yeah they are awesome! \:D/ First I heard of that website, what is their deal with "Here is something awesome! YOU CAN ONLY BUY IT FOR SIX HOURS THEN ITS GONE FOREVER!" Seems like odd marketing to me. >_> I would buy some for friends or something if they let you buy them still.

Anyway, a little more on topic... Bill Clinton is doing a good job with his speech at the DNC as I type... seriously if he was the typical democrat politician I would give a lot more thought to their party... he's pretty reasonable. I remember thinking he was THE EVILEST LIBERAL PRESIDENT EVER when he was in office but now he seems a pretty chill moderate dude basically.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Joe Biden's speech this evening was extremely well written, and well portrayed, and he did a great job tearing up a bit, and really moving the crowd. And he did a great job in addressing "the great debt that we owe to [the many thousands of] those that have died in serving our country" (though, I probably would have been happier if he had addressed the great debt that we owe to China... :P).
Overall, it was a great speech...

It's too bad he didn't say anything worth listening to.
I didn't hear one thing that wasn't simply buttering up the audience, or complimenting some politician (sp)...

All I heard was basically, "I want to live in a country where women have the right to kill their babies. Where no-one is "intollerent" to anybody, and where God doesn't have a place in society.
God Bless you everyone!"

Do we really want this kind of guy as our vice president?
I want to hear a speech where they address the problems our nation has, and they actually present viable ways to fix these problems, without shifting the blame on someone else, or complimenting someone who has done no good for our country...

*End of Rant*

Discuss.
Pull my rant apart.
I want to hear your "unbiased" (hah! :mrgreen: :D :lol: ) opinions.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: