Comfort or Fashion?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Comfort or Fashion?

Post by EK »

How do you guys pick out what you're going to wear? Do you guys usually go for the most fashionable clothes or do you stick with comfortable stuff, now I don't mean comfortable like khakis and loafers, I mean more like sweatpants with socks and slides.

I usually go for the comfort aspect, I feel fashionable if I'm wearing a cool t-shirt or a cool hat with one of my teams on it...but I'm not going to go out of my way to wear stuff that say I have to lace up, button, or wear a belt with, unless I have to. (church, job, etc.) but just going to class or hanging out I'm usually going with gym shorts and a t-shirt. Sweatpants if it's ideal to wear them. I found an awesome pair of shorts that are made out of sweatpant material, and I was in comfort heaven. Some people view it as dressing like you don't care, I see it as dressing like you care...about feeling awesome.
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

I would definitely dress to feel comfortable, not fashionable. My favorite things to wear in the summer are shorts and a t-shirt because it gets really hot where I live. In the winter, I wear sweats a lot because they are warm and comfy.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I go with comfortable. My idea of comfort would be jeans and a nice sweater. Looks good in winter, confuses people in summer.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I've never cared about fashion. :P The only times I may wear something uncomfortable is my church clothes, because for some reason they make me really hot compared to normal clothes.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

My fashion is comfort... I wear what I want when I want, as long as it isn't improper to do so. ;) So I go back and forth between jeans and t-shirts to fancy skirts with heels. It all depends.
Last edited by Termite on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I agree with Termite; it depends on what I'm doing that day. On weekends, I usually wear knee length sweats and a t-shirt. during the week (at school) I wear jeans or capris with a fairly nice shirt. Right now, in the summer, I wear shorts (or capris) and a tank top or nicer shirt if I'm going somewhere.
Last edited by Shennifer on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Till the end of the line.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Comfort is my goal. I have no interest in fashion.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Can I pick both? :anxious: But your level of "comfort" being sweats and tees is a bit more comfy than I'd do in public. I'm very happy in denim or linen or maybe the occasional yoga pant. But then my level of "fashion" is not what others would consider fashionable either. I am no Carrie Bradshaw. And I definitely do NOT do heels.
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I like denim too; but I love dressing up when the occasion permits \:D/

Till the end of the line.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

comfort or I just grab what is first and occasionally I do fashion
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Charis

Post by Charis »

Fashion, guys. :x What exactly defines comfort? Heels can be comfortable, if broken in. Lace and accessories are also comfortable. :noway:

Though, If I'm at home it's a different matter. Hair up, sweats on, contacts out. \:D/
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

lol...um cost.

But clothes aren't really comfortable or uncomfortable to me in general. :p I'd go for cheap and fashionable over cheap and comfortable.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Perfect balance? :p

I usually dress nice-ish, as in like a jean shirt, tank top with a sweater over the top and flats or something. I usually don't wear heels, or designer brands or anything. If we're working out in the field or whatever thigh, or just at home on a saturday, just jeans and a thirty or something like that.
Petrichor
Popsicle kid

Post by Petrichor »

Am I to understand that jeans and t-shirts are not the height of fashion? All this time I thought I was so stylish, and yet now I discover that I've merely been dressing for comfort. :(
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Mmm...I've thought about maybe going a bit dressier to school (getting some gladiator sandals or flats instead of my old Rainbows, for example), but I've decided that I like the Unkempt Beauty look I think I've got going. All I ever need to plan for is jeans with frayed hems, church shirts and Converse or Rainbows. (Aside from that, I wouldn't know fashion if it came up to me and explained in detail about all the latest trends.)
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

EK wrote:How do you guys pick out what you're going to wear? Do you guys usually go for the most fashionable clothes or do you stick with comfortable stuff, now I don't mean comfortable like khakis and loafers, I mean more like sweatpants with socks and slides.

I usually go for the comfort aspect, I feel fashionable if I'm wearing a cool t-shirt or a cool hat with one of my teams on it...but I'm not going to go out of my way to wear stuff that say I have to lace up, button, or wear a belt with, unless I have to. (church, job, etc.) but just going to class or hanging out I'm usually going with gym shorts and a t-shirt. Sweatpants if it's ideal to wear them. I found an awesome pair of shorts that are made out of sweatpant material, and I was in comfort heaven. Some people view it as dressing like you don't care, I see it as dressing like you care...about feeling awesome.
I feel most comfortable when I'm in Jeans, Flannel, and a small white Formosan.
Jeans are comfy, Flannel is comfy, and I feel naked without a hat on.
Oh, and I always have a toothpick as well.
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

I just grab what's ever in the closet. (Jeans and a regular shirt) Then for work (at the public library) and church I dress in a docker's dress pants and a nice button up shirt. I do not however own a suit or a tie that would now fit me. I don't do ties or suits.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

My mission is to singlehandedly drag Casual Friday down to my standards, thereby reducing the need to change clothes before work on Friday. \:D/

I feel awkward wearing whatever is currently fashionable, so I usually wear whatever I want. I can't stand "flashy" looking clothes, i.e. sequins, metallics, etc. The only time I really obviously stand out in a crowd is if I go to a club or something, which is so rare as to be hardly worth mention here. ;)
~JCGJ~
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:I just grab what's ever in the closet. (Jeans and a regular shirt) Then for work (at the public library) and church I dress in a docker's dress pants and a nice button up shirt. I do not however own a suit or a tie that would now fit me. I don't do ties or suits.
I found a nice tweed jacket at Goodwill, for only about $12.00.

I wear it whenever I need to be a little more formal...

People tell me I dress like an old man, and it's kind of true...

:D \:D/ :lol:
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Vic
29K to go!

Post by Vic »

Fashion. Though my lack of money greatly limits my wardrobe.
This is my humble blog: http://aiothoughts.blogspot.com/