Taylor Swift's New Song

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Taylor Swift's New Song

Post by SoccerLOTR »

So has anyone listened to her song "Haunted"? I was really surprised...she has definitely expanded out of her stereotype this time and I LOVE it.

What do you all think? Should she do more songs like this?
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

The sound of this song might be a pleasant difference, but the topic of Taylor Swift's stuff is the exactly same. Every. Single. Time. Taylor has talent, but her lyrics get really tiring really fast. That's why I liked the song she did for the Hunger Games soundtrack: it was about something other than whirlwind romances and a clingy ex-girlfriend who can't move on.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I'm not a fan of Taylor Swift anymore. When I first started to listening to music I only listened to her stuff, but then I started listening to the radio and hearing other actual country artists and she just didn't compare to them. She has a huge fan following composed of predominately teenage girls who are as boy-crazy as her music portrays her as which is what enables her to win fan-voted awards and have sold out shows everywhere. However, due to the sameness of the topics she writes/sings about her songs just aren't appealing to me. I've heard this song before (I actually have it on my iPod with one play) and I prefer "The Story of Us" from the same album and "Mean" better than this song.

There's just so much stuff out there that's better than Taylor's stuff that I just don't listen to it much anymore. I liked her songs when they sounded more country.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

The song was good. She has definitely expanded in her music. I hope her next album is like this song. I still not a fan of Taylor Swift, however I like her a little bit more because of that song.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Hadassah wrote:I'm not a fan of Taylor Swift anymore. When I first started to listening to music I only listened to her stuff, but then I started listening to the radio and hearing other actual country artists and she just didn't compare to them. She has a huge fan following composed of predominately teenage girls who are as boy-crazy as her music portrays her as which is what enables her to win fan-voted awards and have sold out shows everywhere. However, due to the sameness of the topics she writes/sings about her songs just aren't appealing to me. I've heard this song before (I actually have it on my iPod with one play) and I prefer "The Story of Us" from the same album and "Mean" better than this song.

There's just so much stuff out there that's better than Taylor's stuff that I just don't listen to it much anymore. I liked her songs when they sounded more country.
Yeah, if you like country (I hate it) then you probably would not like Taylor Swift. She is not a country singer, she is a Pop singer. The only reason she is considered one is because when she first began singing they were country songs but not anymore. Sometimes; however, the are sort of a cross but never "pure" country anymore.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I think "Mean" was the most country song on her latest album. The funny thing is that she's the reason I started listening to country music and now she's not even country and I don't care because there's way better stuff out there that I've discovered.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Lol...I agree that I liked her as a country artist...I didn't like when she went to the pop genre...I went more apathetic to her songs. She was good at country, but I think I really like her in the rock genre too. She does sometimes go on a little much about the same topics, but I think she might expand in that with some time as well as she grows as a person. She's just exiting her teen years right now, so I can't blame her for writing her songs about teen topics. We'll see where she goes from here.
Sapphire wrote:The song was good. She has definitely expanded in her music. I hope her next album is like this song. I still not a fan of Taylor Swift, however I like her a little bit more because of that song.
Yup...I think this song turned one of my friends in to a possible fan. And renewed my confidence in her as an artist to be more than what she's done so far. Hoping she does more stuff like this.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Anybody heard her latest song, "Ronan"? Be warned, it is a real tear-jerker.

The Hippie
Processing

Post by The Hippie »

Jeremy wrote:Anybody heard her latest song, "Ronan"? Be warned, it is a real tear-jerker.

Better than "We Are Never Getting Back Together" But still not anything all the special...

Love Peace, Love music, Love life.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

"We are never ever getting back together" is a lot catchier though!! I like it. Sorta... Kinda... I hated it at first but now I don't hate it as much.
The Hippie
Processing

Post by The Hippie »

Hadassah wrote:"We are never ever getting back together" is a lot catchier though!! I like it. Sorta... Kinda... I hated it at first but now I don't hate it as much.
It's one of the worst songs i've ever heard...

Love Peace, Love music, Love life.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

The Hippie wrote:
Hadassah wrote:"We are never ever getting back together" is a lot catchier though!! I like it. Sorta... Kinda... I hated it at first but now I don't hate it as much.
It's one of the worst songs i've ever heard...
It's soooo bad, but I always get it stuck in my head so I'm trying to not hate it as much.
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Has anyone heard Ronan yet? Definitely one of the saddest songs I've ever heard, and really shows her expanding her world outside of her rapidly becoming cliche romantic drama. Very meaningful.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I love the lyrics of "Ronan", but her voice is just...ugh. I'm almost positive that it gets worse with every song :anxious:
*insert provocative quote here*
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

I'm pretty sure that version of the song is pitched. I haven't been able to find a good version on youtube. It has gotten a bit weaker though, I can tell.