ToO Fantasy Football: Year 2

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!

Are you interested in playing fantasy football?

Yes, and I played last year, too! \:D/
50%
Yes! (But I didn't play last year.)
30%
No. I don't like fun. :noway:
No votes
No. I [i:1ao7tvdm]do[/i:1ao7tvdm] like fun, but this doesn't interest me.
20%

Total votes: 10

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:Trade offers can be discussed via pm.
Heh, there's no rules against discussing trades in this thread. ;)

I'm really hoping to get my favorite fantasy player, Calvin Johnson, but JWS isn't responding to my trade offers. :(
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Haha I wanted Megatron as well. Shoulda put him at #1 if you really wanted him AE. I think Stafford isn't that great of a QB it's just that he has Johnson there, that's why even though he threw in the ranks of Eli, Tom, and Drew last season, he still wasn't talked about in the same discussions. When you have a receiver that makes a QB that good, that's a definite #1 pick.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Mike Lowery wrote:Haha I wanted Megatron as well. Shoulda put him at #1 if you really wanted him AE.
The funny thing is, I did. Megatron was #1 followed by Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees. I set my "Draft Strategy" to pick "Best Available" in the first round, though, so maybe it decided that Arian Foster was better than Megatron, even though I ranked it differently. Oh well. There's no use whining about what is done...

...unless JWS refuses to trade with me, that is. ;)

Even as a die hard Lions fan, I'll admit that Stafford doesn't compete with Rodgers, Brady, Brees or the Manning bros. YET. Excluding two injury-filled seasons, Stafford is essentially a second-year quarter back. He's immensely young. However, yeah, Megatron sure makes his stats look good. \:D/

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

American Eagle wrote:Heh, there's no rules against discussing trades in this thread. ;)
Did I say there was? Each participant can do it as they wish. I do it in pms.

-- 30 Jul 2012 04:10 pm --

Traded Jahvid Best to SWA for Pierre Thomas (NO) RB
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:
American Eagle wrote:Heh, there's no rules against discussing trades in this thread. ;)
Did I say there was?
Did I ever say that you did?

bookworm, you seem to have a tenedancy to imply something and then vehemently deny it. ;) I just made the statement for clarification.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

American Eagle wrote:Did I ever say that you did?
When your statement comes after quoting me, yes that is the message it conveys.
American Eagle wrote:bookworm, you seem to have a tenedancy to imply something and then vehemently deny it.
Only when others have a tendency to read implications into my posts.
It should have been obvious that my statement was a direct reply to EK about the possibility of a trade between him and myself. I never said it applied to everyone.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:
American Eagle wrote:Did I ever say that you did?
When your statement comes after quoting me, yes that is the message it conveys.
Yes, I did imply something, as did you. When you phrase things like, "trade offers can be discussed via pm," it sounds like you're making an official statement. Instead, you could've said, "Feel free to send me a trade offer via PM," or "I only like to discuss trades in private. PM me." Those sound less official and authoritative. However, I never accused you of any wrongdoing. Your statement sounded curious in my head and I wanted to clarify something. No big deal.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

American Eagle wrote:When you phrase things like, "trade offers can be discussed via pm," it sounds like you're making an official statement.
I must disagree. My statement was immediately after and directly responding to EK’s, it should not have appeared to be addressing anyone other than him. Had I said “Hey everyone, don’t discuss trades here” that would be another thing.
American Eagle wrote:Instead, you could've said, "Feel free to send me a trade offer via PM,"
That is what I said, in the correct context. He wanted a response to his proposal, my response was ‘Let’s do this through pm.’
But I get that your post was a clarification versus a retort. It was just not immediately recognizable as such, for reasons I already said.

Back on topic: I saw a commercial for the Kickoff game! I can’t wait to get back to football! I am so excited!

-- 31 Jul 2012 03:55 pm --

Dropped Schaub for Packers D/ST
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:But I get that your post was a clarification versus a retort. It was just not immediately recognizable as such, for reasons I already said.
And I now understand that your post was meant to express a personal preference and not an league guideline. Moving on. ;)

Since you're posting your adds/drops, I will also.
Dropped Garrett Hartley (K), added Jason Hanson (K)
Dropped Anquan Boldin (WR), added Titus Young (WR)

I like having Detroit players on my team. \:D/ Plus, I have a hunch that Young will be a breakout star this year.

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

My Schedule:
Week 1 - vs Amazing Epicness (AE)
Week 2 - at Team Coleman (Monty)
Week 3 - at Southwood Knights (SWA)
Week 4 - vs Texas Staleys (KF)
Week 5 - at Winoka Warriors (Laura)
Week 6 - vs Team Prime (EK)
Week 7 - at Da Jays (JWS)
Week 8 - at Amazing Epicness (AE)
Week 9 - vs Team Coleman (Monty)
Week 10 - vs Southwood Knights (SWA)
Week 11 - at Texas Staleys (KF)
Week 12 - vs Winoka Warriors (Laura)
Week 13 - at Team Prime (EK)
Week 14 - vs Da Jays (JWS)
Week 15 - vs Texas Staleys (KF)
Last edited by bookworm on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Yeah but that guy was a cowboys fan. >_> Every player on the Cowboys is sub-par, even Romo. I drafted a ton of NYG players (Manning, Cruz, Knicks (who is questionable but I'm sure he'll have an awesome year regardless), Bradshaw, and our former RB Brandon Jacobs who's with the 49ers now) but there was still spots for other great prospects, I got the Ravens D which I'm sure will give me a good bit of points, I got Trent Richardson which he will have to really carry this Brown's team this year and I expect him to have a record rookie season, I also got DeSean Jackson who's a proven wide receiver and while he's on the enemy team (Eagles) I still drafted him. I like to have fan loyalty in my fantasy roster though, because if you're truly a fan you believe your team will be the best and win the superbowl. (Just as I did last year, EPIC VICTORY!)
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Yeah. Two of my teams are the Packers and Saints, so I don’t think there’s a problem playing favorites.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Mike Lowery wrote:I also got DeSean Jackson who's a proven wide receiver and while he's on the enemy team (Eagles)
:hilarious: You should of played last year so I could dump him on you because he stunk. :x
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Benched Frank Gore for Pierre Thomas
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I thought we weren't going to do byes. :-k
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Great scott...

I thought I already got rid of all the byes? Anyway, they're gone now. Sorry if anyone was excited about the old schedule because it has been reset! \:D/ If anyone sees issues on the horizon, let me know. Thanks for the heads up, Laura!

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I didn’t have any byes in my old schedule. :-k

-- 06 Sep 2012 11:26 am --

Dropped Kasay for Dan Carpenter (MIA) K
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

BOOKWORM.

Have a quick look at your starters points vs. your bench points. Lucky for me. \:D/

EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I have some MAJOR adjustments to make, I already see some players I want to pick up and definitely some players I want to drop. Nothings happening to my mains (E. Manning, Nicks, and Cruz) but I'm planning on getting rid of Randle, Jones, Jacobs, and Redman