Christian Music Discussion

Tell what you think of Christian music.

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Flyleaf.... if anyone ever says they aren't "Christian", tell them to listen to "Beautiful Bride". \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Termite wrote:Flyleaf.... if anyone ever says they aren't "Christian", tell them to listen to "Beautiful Bride". \:D/
And then they tell you to listen to Jordan. :-

Mercy Me and Casting Crowns are decent.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

His comments about modern worship music are the reason I love Alternative Christian music. Exhibit A: "Better Than Drugs" by Skillet. Exhibit B: "Lost" by RED.

The one part of that video with which I partially disagree is the bit where he talks about not being able to tell if a song is directed at a girlfriend or God, because I think that ambiguity can be a good thing. At that point, I think you have to look at the members of the band, because lots of the songs that I love (such as the aforementioned songs) use the pronoun "you" without explicitly mentioning God. Since I'm a Christian (and I know that the band members are Christians), it's clear to me that a song like that is meant for God. An unbeliever would most likely sing that same song to his girlfriend, but maybe he would like it so much that he would listen to the rest of the album. IMHO, that is where the potential for the more explicitly Christian-themed songs to reach people is achieved. To be blunt, I imagine that most unsaved teenagers aren't going to listen to Mercy Me and Casting Crowns, and that is where bands like Skillet and Flyleaf come in handy.
Last edited by Aeva on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Termite wrote:You're welcome. My intelligence reaches further than what I ever remember posting! \:D/

That being said, I just bought SONS' album off iTunes yesterday.... :inlove:
:drool: Is it good?

The most mainstream bands I like that could be considered Christian are Relient K, Switchfoot, and Jars of Clay. Other than those three, I like some random songs by popular Christian artists, but there aren't really any other artists that I could say I consistently like. Most of my music is Christian, but it's very obscure and indie.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I read an article about that now metal isn't "satan's music" anymore, because the foremost bands are all Christian members, even though they aren't singing about God necessarily, it's better music now. All thanks to Stryper. \:D/
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

pip wrote:
Termite wrote:You're welcome. My intelligence reaches further than what I ever remember posting! \:D/

That being said, I just bought SONS' album off iTunes yesterday.... :inlove:
:drool: Is it good?

The most mainstream bands I like that could be considered Christian are Relient K, Switchfoot, and Jars of Clay. Other than those three, I like some random songs by popular Christian artists, but there aren't really any other artists that I could say I consistently like. Most of my music is Christian, but it's very obscure and indie.
YES. :drool: They even redid "Doubt" and "Caution"... I'm so used to the original versions, but the new ones are growing on me. The album as a whole is really intriguing; I really can't think of any other way to describe it. Like a good book, but in music.

You should try Forth Angel... I haven't listened to them that much, but my dad adores them... I like what I've heard.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I like Casting Crowns and Selah, plus random songs that I hear on Pandora :p