Christian Music Discussion

Tell what you think of Christian music.

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
CreativeThinker101
Fourscore and seven

Christian Music Discussion

Post by CreativeThinker101 »

Newsboys, Skillet, Newsong, Toby Mac. There are many Christian artists. Who is your favorite?
Signed,
CreativeThinker101
And Check out my AIO website! Here's a link: http://www.justanotheraioblog.blogspot.com/ Please comment on it! Because if you don't, I'm gonna call the exterminator!
THANK YOU
(P.S. What an interesting and fun website.)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

DC Talk has been my default favorite band for many, many years, but obviously they haven't existed in a long time. I may very well like Newsboys now since Tait took over, but I really haven't listened much to any of their stuff since then.

My favorite active, current band is Relient K but another favorite that rivals DC Talk is Petra. I have always liked them but in recent years have been listening to them more and almost every song has an excellent message as well as great music and vocals. Now I mainly gravitate towards their late 70's and 80's stuff. They definitely had some other good stuff in the 90's and 2000's before they disbanded, but their earlier era is my favorite. I think they officially disbanded in 2005 or so, but a lot of the older guys that had retired and been replaced reformed as Classic Petra, so they are still kind of around. Really great lyrics. I want "Grave Robber" to be played at my funeral but I am getting protests. \:D/

...so yeah I really just don't listen to anything current other than checking out Relient K's new stuff when it comes out.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Fireflight's one of my favorites. :D I also enjoy listening to WOW Hits for the general stuff.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

WOW Hits is great. My favorite band would be Tenth Avenue North or Casting Crowns, but I like Newsboys, Third Day, and lots of other bands too.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Skillet.

'Nuff said.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

My favorite is Casting Crowns. I haven't listened to Tenth North Avenue much, but what I've heard I like.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

FIVE IRON FRENZY is the best Christian band ever.

I also like Relient K, the David Crowder Band, The Digital Age, and old school Hawk Nelson.
he/him | a little stinker.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I don't care for Reliant K. I love TobyMac and Casting Crowns, and Skillet is good too. I like older stuff by Newsboys, not as much a fan of some of their newer stuff.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Stryper.

What more can be said?
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

"To hell with the devil!"

I love that song. \:D/
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Crazy 4 Pugs
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Crazy 4 Pugs »

I like Relient K, and Tenth Avenue North is pretty good. Other than that, I don't listen to much Christian music. Honestly, a lot of it just doesn't seem like good music. The message is good, yes. But the music itself is often lacking in quality. Just my opinion.
Um, I guess this is where I'm supposed to say something funny or interesting.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I'm currently addicted to Sent By Ravens' new album. \:D/ I've got so many random bands on my iTunes that not a lot of people have heard of, but I like em.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
stingcameron
Popsicle kid

Post by stingcameron »

I would have to say that Contemporary Christian Music might as well go worldly. It is just right there why just let it be. lol
There is a ToO Conspiracy going on. Go to City Hall and read about it before it's deleted, and help discover the truth.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Crazy 4 Pugs wrote:I like Relient K, and Tenth Avenue North is pretty good. Other than that, I don't listen to much Christian music. Honestly, a lot of it just doesn't seem like good music. The message is good, yes. But the music itself is often lacking in quality. Just my opinion.
Have you ever heard Thousand Foot Krutch or RED? If not, you should give them a try. IMHO, their music is excellent. Disciple and Demon Hunter are also fabulous. \:D/
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Another band I like is Sidewalk Prophets. They have great songs.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Aeva wrote:
Crazy 4 Pugs wrote:I like Relient K, and Tenth Avenue North is pretty good. Other than that, I don't listen to much Christian music. Honestly, a lot of it just doesn't seem like good music. The message is good, yes. But the music itself is often lacking in quality. Just my opinion.
Have you ever heard Thousand Foot Krutch or RED? If not, you should give them a try. IMHO, their music is excellent. Disciple and Demon Hunter are also fabulous. \:D/
Holy Toledo. THANK YOU, Termite for reminding me about TFK's latest effort. It is phenomenal. I'm quite disappointed that is came out so early in the year, because I'm pretty sure it'll be the best Christian rock record of 2012.
he/him | a little stinker.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

You're welcome. My intelligence reaches further than what I ever remember posting! \:D/

That being said, I just bought SONS' album off iTunes yesterday.... :inlove:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Aeva wrote:
I do really like TFK...fortunately they get played on some of the hard rock stations, cause most Christian stations keep the music pretty calm. The problem is finding a good Christian radio station...a lot of the good music doesn't get played much because it doesn't fit the "contemporary Christian music" mold. I feel like a lot of the typical stuff you hear is the type that ensures that parents will feel good about their kids listening to--music that is calm with a light beat, or says "Jesus" at least 15 times in the song, has a preachy-sounding name, or is by an already-known "safe" singer like Michael W. Smith (not bashing him, just saying he's a good example of well-known "safe" music). Even the good artists don't get a lot of their music on a Christian radio station because it doesn't fit the mold. tobyMac's rap stuff barely gets on there, same for DC Talk, TFK, Skillet, Flyleaf, etc.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I know exactly what you mean, SLOTR. I grew up listening to the local Christian radio station, but now that I've gotten into the Alternative Christian genre, I just can't listen to the tame, "safe" (as you so excellently put it) music anymore.

If you're interested, you should check out The Blast. They play everything from soft rock to screamo.
CreativeThinker101
Fourscore and seven

Post by CreativeThinker101 »

I like Hillsong and occasionally Newsboys. Skillet is okay. Thank you so much for all the comments. I really do appreciate them.
Signed,
CreativeThinker101
And Check out my AIO website! Here's a link: http://www.justanotheraioblog.blogspot.com/ Please comment on it! Because if you don't, I'm gonna call the exterminator!
THANK YOU
(P.S. What an interesting and fun website.)