Music To Fall Asleep To

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

What do you fall asleep to?

Music
36%
Silence
21%
A Fan
14%
The sound of crickets softly chirping as a cool breeze blows through my window. (I wish...)
No votes
Adventures In Odyssey, you sicko! What kind of AIO fan would fall asleep to anything BUT Adventures in Odyssey?!
29%

Total votes: 14

Steve
No way I broke the window

Music To Fall Asleep To

Post by Steve »

http://www.jesusfreakhideout.com/jfhblo ... asp?id=592

Sooo... before you read any more of this post-click the link above and read the article. (And see if you can find my comment.)

So what music do you fall asleep to, if you even fall asleep to music or noise at all.
he/him | a little stinker.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Could it be that you were 5IronForever? :incnt:
Steve

Post by Steve »

Joy wrote:Could it be that you were 5IronForever? :incnt:
You're good. Very good.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Steve wrote:
Joy wrote:Could it be that you were 5IronForever? :incnt:
You're good. Very good.
I know. :D
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

A fan and the local all news station on the radio is what I fall asleep too. The all news station really works because they repeat everything.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I listen to the Stuff You Should Know podcast or usually nothing.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

"Another gem is Plumb's lullaby album, Blink." Don't blink! :mad:

Hrm, when I do listen to music at night, it's usually We Believe by Steve Green. Sleep seems to be sweeter if I fall asleep/wake up to somewhat slow inspirational/worship music. \:D/ As of recently it's been a few songs from Bedtime Prayers by Twila Paris(yes, the album pointed at young mothers. :P The music is so rich. ^.^), and a few songs from The Worship Project by Jeremy Camp and Blessings by Laura Story :D

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

The only song I ever fell asleep listening to was "Peace Be Still" by Rush of Fools... the music and vocals are really gentle all the way through...

...I need silence to sleep now. Though on long van rides I have fallen asleep to screamo. :-
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I don't usually listen to music to fall asleep, it bugs my sister. But when I do, it's usually some kind of slow worshipy type music, like Blessings, by Laura Story, or this one CD that some friends of ours made that has a bunch of hymns on it. :yes:
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I sometimes listen to music (mostly Carrie Underwood and Lady Antebellum) before I fall asleep, and just when I am about to go into dreamland, I turn the music off and go to sleep. :)
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Steve

Post by Steve »

Rereading this thread I realized I forgot to write what I fall asleep to. But I will now fix that. I tend to listen to Owl City or Sky Sailing when drifting off to dreamland. Sky Sailing's album is especially great for going to sleep to.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Music or Odyssey usually for me. I listen to sports broadcasts when I'm in bed but I don't fall asleep to them.
The sound of crickets softly chirping as a cool breeze blows through my window. (I wish...)
Crickets *softly* chirping...

HA!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:

HA!
Why the "HA!"
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Steve wrote:
Stop Wooton' Around wrote:

HA!
Why the "HA!"
if SWA meant what I think he meant, than crickets chirping are anything but soft! We have frogs and crickets, and they're extremely loud.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Sapphire wrote:I sometimes listen to music (mostly Carrie Underwood and Lady Antebellum) before I fall asleep, and just when I am about to go into dreamland, I turn the music off and go to sleep. :)
Yes, this. ;) I can't ever fully dose off until I turn it off. :-

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Well, I rarely listen to music, though I listen to Odyssey, or Radio Theatre, or Wally McDoogle before falling asleep. Puts me to sleep every single night. I sometimes listen to a childrens CD with Sunday school songs, etc. on it.
~JCGJ~
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Autumn is a Glorious Season
Post by ~JCGJ~ »

There's no "other" option...
They/Them
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I don't sleep easily with music on, usually, but when I don't want to fall asleep to silence and I need an aural sleeping pill, Adam Young's fantastic three are the only way to go: Owl City, Port Blue, and Sky Sailing. They're soft enough that they're not jarring, catchy enough that their not monotonous, and they're familiar enough that they can blur into the background without distracting from my slumber; anything else usually makes dozing off more difficult. (Oddly enough, though, sometimes when I'm at camp I can relax by putting on a familiar radio drama--that way my mind's focus is drawn away from my surroundings without being overly captivated by the story. Still, Owl City is preferred.)
Last edited by Amethystic on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Laurie wrote:A fan and the local all news station on the radio is what I fall asleep too. The all news station really works because they repeat everything.
Oh my goodness this! That's too funny. Every night, I set my radio for my news channel, and I turn my fan on. Even if it's winter... \:D/
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I fall asleep to Cabin Pressure. It is also a radio program, from the UK, produced by the BBC. It's actually recorded live, so the laughter is the audience. I always dream of going to London at the perfect time when they record to be a part of the audience. *never gonna happen. :( Never gonna meet Ben* The episodes are HILARIOUS. I still laugh and I've listened to all 19 episodes at least ten times each.

Or if I want a change, I listen to The Red Necklace Audiobook read by Tom Hiddleston. Or Odyssey.

I made it a point of mine to listen to more Odyssey this year, and I definitely did that for like, two months, and then I found Cabin Pressure.

And when I'm home, I always have a fan. No luxury up here at school, sadly.