Work-out music?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Work-out music?

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I like to run, and having music playing usually helps me not focus on being tired/hot/whatever. What are some good working out/running songs? Right now I like Courageous and Voice of Truth, (Casting Crowns), All American Girl, (Carrie Underwood) this song called Apple Blossoms, (it's a fiddle tune) When We're Together, (Mark Harris) and there's probably more that I'm not thinking of.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I like loud stuff while I'm running. Rock, hardcore, that type of stuff. Maybe because when the words are indistinguishable it's easier to focus on running. Sort of defeats the purpose I guess....but idk...it works for me. :P

"Independence Day for a Petty Thief" by House of Heroes. It's really fast. \:D/

I mostly just shuffle my iPod though.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Well if you like Carrie Underwood you could listen to "Good Girl" or "Undo It" and "Cowboy Casanova" because they're all really upbeat.
I only listen to country music so that's basically all I have on my workout playlist. Plus, when I workout I like to listen to happy songs too. Because a lot of the time when I do cardio workouts (running, biking, stuff that's not weightlifting) I'm upset and I need something to make me calm down so I don't get mad at people.
"Perfect Day" by Lady Antebellum
"Put You in a Song" Keith Urban
"Camouflage" Brad Paisley
"Settlin" Sugarland
"The Story of Us" Taylor Swift (There's a lot of other songs by her on my gym playlist too...)

I almost forgot the most important running song! "I Run to You" by Lady Antebellum. I mean, if it has the word "run" in the title it must be a good running song. (lol I've played it over 400 times...)
Here's my workout playlist. It's fairly clean.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Back in the day when I actually got off my tush and jogged, I enjoyed listening to Narnia music. \:D/ Namely, The Door in the Air, The Battle and The Call.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Any Laura Story or Steve Green songs, Michael Card is good too. Or Jeremy Camp's 'Worship Project' has some good ones, which surprised me, since I don't care for all of his music. :yes:

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

This song gets me pumped up every time I run around my neighborhood.
Yes the song is like so 100% heterosexual
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

"Love Addict" By Family Force 5 ;)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I recently got this CD from the library: http://www.amazon.com/Power-Classics-Cl ... pd_sim_m_4
There's lots of other volumes available as well, if you like classical type music. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I occasionally try to listen to AIO or a podcast, but like... its hard to really keep up a good pace with TALKING. I mainly then listen to rock of various types, and while I'm not a fan generally I throw in some techno stuff because the beat is just natural for a work out... and most techno remixes are so silly that its an extra layer of entertainment.
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

I normally listen to Owl City, Seabird or (one of my all time favorite bands) Coldplay.
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Anemone wrote:I normally listen to Owl City, Seabird or (one of my all time favorite bands) Coldplay.
Coldplay is one of my favorites too. \:D/ They're good for running. Especially songs like "Clocks" or "Glass of Water."
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Continental Crusader wrote:"Love Addict" By Family Force 5 ;)
This was on my playlist that I created last year when I took PE. \:D/ Haven't heard it in awhile; or worked out except for walking to class.

Till the end of the line.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Continental Crusader wrote:"Love Addict" By Family Force 5 ;)
Love me some Family Force Five. \:D/ "Earthquake", "Supersonic", "Love Addict", and "Fever" are my personal favorites.

Usually when I run, I listen to Sonic rock music (Crush 40, basically). Good stuff. :yes:
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

If you're looking for something you can really walk/run to the beat of, (depending on what your convictions are about upbeat music ;)) Group 1 Crew (Christian band) has some really good stuff. "Live Out Loud" "Movin'" "Live It Up" and "Please Don't Let Me Go" are all really good workout songs, which also happen to have some great lyrics.
Last edited by Christian A. on Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

"The Final Countdown" by Europe. \:D/
he/him | a little stinker.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

That's a good one, Steve. \:D/ Epic stuff.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Well I don't work out, but if I did, I'd listen to How To Train Your Dragon soundtrack. And Ocean Eyes. PianoGuys stuff.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

PianoGuys! \:D/ I approve of this.

Till the end of the line.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Shennifer wrote:PianoGuys! \:D/ I approve of this.
You should! ThePIanoGuys are awesome. I think I will go make a thread sometime soon.