Country Music

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

What do you think of country music?

I love it! \:D/
25%
I like it. :D
8%
I only like certain country artists. :)
25%
Meh. It's okay. :-k
No votes
I don't like it. :x
No votes
I loathe country music with a passion! :mad:
42%

Total votes: 12

Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Country Music

Post by Sapphire »

So, what do you all think of country music? Do you love it? Hate it? Something in between?

Personally, I only like certain artists like Carrie Underwood and Lady Antebellum. I am very particular when it comes to country music.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

Ok let me confess. I love Taylor Swift.

Shoot me now.

I also enjoy The Band Perry, Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum, and numerous other singers who's names I can't remember.

I don't like all country music. Some of it is just bad, or way to loud. But I do enjoy a lot of it. It's one of my favorite styles. \:D/
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I really like Country music, but I'm really selective about what I listen to. Obviously, if the radio's on at work I can't control what music I listen to, but when I put stuff on my iPod I make sure that it's clean and without lots of alcohol or other bad stuff in it. The song "Red Solo Cup" is clearly not going to be on my iPod.

I'm not a huge fan of Taylor Swift really, but I have a lot of her music on my iPod because I used to listen to her a lot when I was younger.
I'm probably the biggest Lady A fan on this whole forum. I love Lady Antebellum so so so so so much and I've watched every single webisode wednesday they've made and I have all their music on my iPod.
I also really like Keith Urban and the Zac Brown Band and some of Brad Paisley and Darius Rucker and like a bunch of other people too, but I have to go to school now so I can't spend any more time writing stuff here or I'll be late.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

My boyfriend is determined to coerce me to love country music with a passion. :( It's annoying. However, I am fond of several songs, but that's about it. :P
Last edited by Termite on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I kind of...hate country music. :anxious:

I like a few; I like Wilco and some of The Civil Wars, neither of which are fully country.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I like country music, but I only listen to "clean country" there's lots of good country songs out there, and then theres the not so good...
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

My demon-possesed stereo is stuck on a country music staion right now.

I'm not making that up.
he/him | a little stinker.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Anna><> wrote:I'm probably the biggest Lady A fan on this whole forum. I love Lady Antebellum so so so so so much and I've watched every single webisode wednesday they've made and I have all their music on my iPod.
I love Lady Antebellum too! :D They are awesome!
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I like country music (like Carrie Underwood, the occasional Tim McGraw, Taylor Swift) but I don't listen to it all the time.

Till the end of the line.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I don't consider him pure country... his older stuff is a little more of an early southern rock, and his later stuff was more folk... but in the end Johnny Cash ends up catagorized as country most of the time... and Johnny Cash is awesome.

Otherwise I'm not really a big fan of the genre other than one particular song here or there. My wife likes Brad Paisley and I like a few of his songs okay, although I wouldn't go out of my way to hear them too often on my own. I actually do like Toby Keith a fair amount and will on rare occasion listen to him of my own free will. Red Solo Cup is pretty much about drinking alchohol at parties but its a really catchy tune. >_> Rascal Flatts has a few songs I like, too.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

"Honky-Tonk Badonkeydonk" FTW!! \:D/

Or not. :|