The Mysterious Benedict Society

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")

Your Opinion

They were great! I love those books! They're one of my favorites! :D
46%
I liked them. Good story! :)
31%
Eh, they were okay. :shrugs:
No votes
I didn't really like them. :no:
No votes
I hated them! :x
No votes
Oh yeah! Ha... ha.... *cough* What is the Mysterious Benedict Society again? :anxious:
23%

Total votes: 13

Buzz

The Mysterious Benedict Society

Post by Buzz »

\:D/ :) Did you read the Mysterious Benedict Society books? If you did, what did you think of them??
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I read those last year and I loved them; I totally started a thread about it...that nobody posted in. :( Hurt my feelings...good to know I'm not the only one who read it, though.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Oh, those books! I really enjoyed them. It's a pity not many people know about them...My sister introduced me to them a few years ago. I read part of it, but didn't finish. Then a year, or a few months later...(I can't remember) I finished it!
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Oh hey, I read a couple of those. They were really well written and I recall thinking it was a shame they were for a demographic below mine.
he/him | a little stinker.
Woody
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Woody »

Awesome books!!! :inlove:

P.S. Another good series is "The Secret Series" by Pseudonymous Bosch. :inlove: I actually got "introduced" to The Mysterious Benedict Society by a librarian who recommended them because I like the Secret Series.
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

They're coming out with a prequel, I heard. I liked them.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

*pops in* the title of this thread makes me think of Sherlock fangirls *pops out*

Till the end of the line.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

DanP740 wrote:They're coming out with a prequel, I heard. I liked them.
Yes, the excellent education of Nicholas Benedict. Sounds pretty good.
I am reading the third one. I think they are entertaining, not my favorite series or anything, but I have been enjoying it, and think it's well written. My favorite is still the first one.
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

My brother got the first three books from our library on CD. The first one was good, though by halfway through I had already expected that
Milligan was Kate's dad.
I loved Reny's simple solutions to the tests. I wish I had some exams like that! I haven't heard the third one yet, but I think the the first one was better than the second, I had most of the surprises figured out before they happened. But I guess I am just slightly above the age range.
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

I recently read these books (actually, I listened to the audiobooks. My attention span was too short to read them). Constance is awesome. 'Pastry inept' and 'bakery theft'! Amazing. It's hard to believe
she is only two and a half.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I read these books ages ago and I loved them, My favorite will always be the first one :yes:
I realized this a while ago, but did anyone else notice the parallels between Novacom and this story line?
The Plaid poem from Prisoners dilemma is complete in the soft cover books but not the hard covers :mad: and I of course got the hardcover before the soft cover one's came out ;)
Double post fixed:G4Y ; )

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Shennifer wrote:*pops in* the title of this thread makes me think of Sherlock fangirls *pops out*
That's exactly what happened to me! \:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Anna><> wrote:
Shennifer wrote:*pops in* the title of this thread makes me think of Sherlock fangirls *pops out*
That's exactly what happened to me! \:D/
exactly \:D/ but I can't mention the real name of the fandom or I'd get in trouble :-

Till the end of the line.
Bananareader
Gold Member
Post by Bananareader »

I really enjoyed them I recently reread the first one because of The Mysterious Benedict Society tv series is out now on Disney +, so I wanted to see how the tv show compared to the first book.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Did you like the show, Bananareader? I've never read the books and I have thought about giving the books and the show a try one day.