Nicholas Sparks

Have you read his books?

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Nicholas Sparks

Post by Evil Chick »

Have you read any books by Nicholas Sparks? If so, which one(s), and what did you think?
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I read A Walk to Remember last summer, mainly because I like the movie. :- It was pretty good - there were some things that I liked better in the books, though I liked parts of the movie better. I can't be overly specific, since it was about a year ago since I read it.

That's the only one I've read, though I've considered reading more. Has anybody else read a bunch who would like to recommend (or warn against) any of his books? :-k
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Haven't read any of his books, but I did see the movie.
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Be VERY careful with his books. Some of them are clean and some o them are not. Avoid the Notebook for one. Actually, I have only read that one and A Walk to Remember, but according to my mom, who does read him, I think the only "clean" one is AWTR, all of his other ones have "questionable" scenes in them.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Yeah...I learned that the hard way, JF. >_< I started reading "Message in a Bottle" once and stopped in disgust when I came across one of those scenes.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I learned from the notebook. :sick:
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Yeah, I just finished reading "The Rescue", and there were a couple of questionable scenes in it, as well.

I have also read "A Walk to Remember", which I loved, and "Three Weeks With My Brother", which was also great!
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Never...and it sounds like I never will. \:D/
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

I read A Walk to Remember, which I enjoyed very much except for the language.
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

I haven't read any, but my dad has. My grandparents have alot of them, so my parents read them. They like them, so they must be good!!
amyinodyssey
Found

Post by amyinodyssey »

I remember when I started college at Central Michigan University I was in a speech class where I gave a speech on the differences between movies and books. I actually read "A Walk to Remember" and did my speech within one week. Reading the book is a whole lot more different than watching the movie, I'll say that for sure.

I did start reading "The Notebook" but I couldn't get through the first couple of chapters so I dropped it. For some reason I refuse to see the movie.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I've browsed through his books and have noticed the questionable scenes and that is why I don't read them. I am very picky about what I read.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I loved the book version of A Walk to Remember, but that is the only Nicholas Sparks book that I would recommend. I, too, started reading Message in a Bottle, only to throw it aside in disgust too. And considering the content in the movie The Notebook, that should be sufficient warning to anyone curious about the book.

So, even though there is some language in AWtR, I really enjoyed it. It was better than the movie in a lot of ways.
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

A Walk to Remember was a great book, but the rest of his books are pretty dumb. I mean, the storylines aren't even that great, and then he has to add the junk in it. A Walk To Remember just stands out from the rest of his books.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof; is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless