Before You Meet Prince Charming

Have you heard of it?

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Before You Meet Prince Charming

Post by Joanne »

Have any of you heard of Before You Meet Prince Charming by Sarah Mally? I'm reading it right now. It's geared towards younger girls, and not really my favorite book, but it does say some good things. Any thoughts?
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I've never heard of it...
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Very good, I recommend it for every girl. Actually the Bible study I help teach is a 'branch' of Sarah Mally's 'Bright Lights'. The book, especially the beginning, can be aimed for girls in their young teens, but the second half of the book of not the whole thing I think is a really good tool. I mean, in 21st century, protecting our hearts is pretty hard, but still vital to a wise courtship/dating and happy marriage.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

That's great that you can lead a group! Are you planning on doing courtship?

And I should clarify, I do think it is great advice and a wonderful tool. I just get annoyed at the way certain things are said. ;)
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Definitely. ;) We're about to go over that topic in group coming up here, actually. Should be interesting. ^.^

Can you give an example? \:D/

God's Daughter
Not Implemented

Post by God's Daughter »

The Duggars talked about it when we saw them. I haven't read it yet, I probably will soon though. :)
Image]
My Online Family! \:D/
Sky, is my twin. ^_^
Lee, is my cousin.
I'm KF's awesome sister and he's my equally awesome brother!
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

God's Daughter wrote:The Duggars talked about it when we saw them. I haven't read it yet, I probably will soon though. :)
YOU MET THE DUGGARS! I am just a bit jealous. :D
The Kings Daughter wrote:Definitely. ;) We're about to go over that topic in group coming up here, actually. Should be interesting. ^.^

Can you give an example? \:D/
Yes, umm once I can fetch my book and find it. ;)
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

I read the book for my 18-29 age Sunday school group. I like it a lot and in my opinion most of it is relevant for older girls as well as younger ones. It's one of my favorite books now.
Joanne, I'm curious as to what you found annoying as well. I can imagine a lot of potential things...
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

My older sister read it when she was about fifteen or sixteen. She liked it! I'm interested in reading it... when I'm older. :P
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I've heard of it, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet. I've heard lots of good things about it though :yes:
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I got that book for a birthday a while ago. I thought it was good. I never have had any problems with not dating guys though. I'm not interested in them and they're not interested in me.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Anna><> wrote:I never have had any problems with not dating guys though. I'm not interested in them and they're not interested in me.
DITTO. I have met very few guys that I would be interested in dating, and those few were not interested in me. Therefore, I did not waste my time on them lol.

On topic, I have heard of that book, and I think it sounds interesting. I may read it if I ever get around to it. \:D/ (I would also highly recommend a book called Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul by John and Stasi Eldredge. I don't think it's quite along the same line as Before You Meet Prince Charming, but I felt as though, true to the title, it actually did unveil my soul.)
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

That's awesome you don't have to deal with it. ;) Mine were more of 13-14, I think it gets easier to see which guys might actually work out the older you get. Or more mature. Because there's also the older girls that adore Justin Bieber..I knew more girls who were in love with Zac Efron though. :P