WHAT HAPPENED.

To our lovable little town

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
The Hippie
Processing

WHAT HAPPENED.

Post by The Hippie »

Seriously though, I love AIO as much as the next guy, but i'm sorry to say that it seriously sucks now...bad writing, boring stories, annoying characters.

Do my fellow fans feel the same?

Love Peace, Love music, Love life.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Whatever happened, it happened like 4 albums ago. ;)

But ya, we pretty much all agree. \:D/
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Album 51 was where the greatness ended :(
*insert provocative quote here*
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

The Hippie wrote:Seriously though, I love AIO as much as the next guy, but i'm sorry to say that it seriously sucks now...bad writing, boring stories, annoying characters.

Yes, but it does get better as you go on. It just takes some getting used to. ;)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

The Hippie wrote:Seriously though, I love AIO as much as the next guy, but i'm sorry to say that it seriously sucks now...bad writing, boring stories, annoying characters.

I wouldn't say that it "sucks" now. Considering that phrase is rarely used in my vocabulary. Some of the episodes may pale in comparison to older episodes but there are some "gotta listen to em over and over again" ones in the albums after 50. 53 and 54 are great albums and 55 so far is great too. Saying that it's "bad writing, boring stories, annoying characters" is over stating your point... I think they have done a great job rebooting Odyssey and developing new characters. It just is taking some time. I especiallyy love The Labyrinth. :D

Double post fixed: Katniss
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Don't worry, you are in fair company in this matter.

Steve

Post by Steve »

31899 wrote:Don't worry, you are in fair company in this matter.

Who? Hippie or Jason?
he/him | a little stinker.

Post by 31899 »

My comment was in regard to the comment The Hippie made.

The Hippie
Processing

Post by The Hippie »

Jason Whits Son wrote:

I wouldn't say that it "sucks" now. Considering that phrase is rarely used in my vocabulary. Some of the episodes may pale in comparison to older episodes but there are some "gotta listen to em over and over again" ones in the albums after 50. 53 and 54 are great albums and 55 so far is great too. Saying that it's "bad writing, boring stories, annoying characters" is over stating your point... I think they have done a great job rebooting Odyssey and developing new characters. It just is taking some time. I especiallyy love The Labyrinth. :D

Double post fixed: Katniss
Well everyone has a different vocabulary...anyway, I wouldn't say I was overstating my point, I was simply giving my reasons for why I don't like it anymore.

Would you have rather I just came up and said "AIO SUCKS" and not give any explanation as to why I think that?

TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

No, I think he was hoping for more elaboration than "It sucks because of X". ;) I think Jason was saying that before painting things with a broad brush, tell us specifically why you think AIO sucks.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Hippie
Processing

Post by The Hippie »

Ginny Weasley wrote:No, I think he was hoping for more elaboration than "It sucks because of X". ;) I think Jason was saying that before painting things with a broad brush, tell us specifically why you think AIO sucks.
What do you want me to say...?

Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Yes, I agree that AIO was definitely suffering quality-wise in album 51 and some in 52. But once you give it a chance, the episodes have gotten much better and I'm really starting to enjoy them a lot more now. :yes:

\:D/
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

The Hippie wrote:
Ginny Weasley wrote:No, I think he was hoping for more elaboration than "It sucks because of X". ;) I think Jason was saying that before painting things with a broad brush, tell us specifically why you think AIO sucks.

Ginny is correct. 51 and on the quality may have changed some, but to the target age group it's still wonderful Odyssey. What I was getting at before is you were stating what you didn't like without giving examples. Bad writing such as (Stage Fright?), Annoying characters such as () boring stories such as (Game for a Mystery?) What parts specifically fall under those categories?
Lee wrote:Yes, I agree that AIO was definitely suffering quality-wise in album 51 and some in 52. But once you give it a chance, the episodes have gotten much better and I'm really starting to enjoy them a lot more now. :yes:
I agree with Lee. Granted 51 is an album I've listened to frequently, but fifty-three and fifty-four are pretty good and fifty-five is excellent from what I've heard.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

The Hippie wrote:
How is the writing bad? How are the stories boring? How are the characters annoying? You didn't give any specific details. You didn't really tell us anything other than the same things we've been hearing for the past two years. Give us some specifics, please.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Ryan Matlock
Level 4, Adventures in Odyssey Collector

Post by Ryan Matlock »

The reason AIO changed was that the AIO team thought that it wa getting to be for ages a little older than the targeted age group. They wanted to restart Odyssey with new characters and they are using the first few albums to develop the characters. I believe they will return to the type of episodes we love soon. :)

~~~RyanCummings, Youtuber, producer of the World Famous Odyssey podcast, writing assistant to Brock Eastman, and SUPER AIO fan.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Like the labrynith is great
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I thought 53 was decent, didn't overly care for 51 or 52, though. I still haven't heard anything beyond that other than the one preview episode of 55, which was good.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Ginny Weasley wrote:
The Hippie wrote:
How is the writing bad? How are the stories boring? How are the characters annoying? You didn't give any specific details. You didn't really tell us anything other than the same things we've been hearing for the past two years. Give us some specifics, please.
I can give plenty of specifics. In Stage Fright, it was all about fear yet it didn't reffer at all to the Bible and Jesus. Only at the end of the episode where Chris talks about a Bible Verse. Besides that, the story was completely unrealistic and shall I say, dumb. Then in the GRC, Matthew and Emily were mad at each other, and just gradually became friends again. No apoligies. No explanations. No offense, but I find that kind of strange. :- And then in album 54, in the episode A Penny Saved, Penny is welcomed by the policemen because she said that Dr. Trask should go to jail. Unrealistic! ;) Policemen would not throw a party for that.... Before the episodes were more clever, but now they're going down hill.... It's just like they're writing things without thinking them over... :(
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Buzz wrote:
Ginny Weasley wrote:Then in the GRC, Matthew and Emily were mad at each other, and just gradually became friends again. No apoligies. No explanations. No offense, but I find that kind of strange. :-
I'm not defending that as the right way to handle things, but I have to say...it's not really strange, at least in my family. :- It's something I think we need to work on, actually. I tend to just let the storm blow over and not address what went on. Then everything goes back to normal. Heh. :P
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

I still enjoy the episodes, I know some are not as good as before, and a lot of characters are not as good, esp Emily. It does make me sad to see people saying AIO episodes suck now. I look forward to coming to a Christian message board talking of a Christian show. I liked 53 a lot, and 55 sounds really good. The first two are awesome. I have enjoyed AIO for 25 years, and still enjoy it now.

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.