Mountain Climbing

Reaching higher...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Samwise
Love to love

Mountain Climbing

Post by Samwise »

What mountains have you climbed? How tall were they?

I climbed one two-thousand and fourhundred meterish tall mountain called Kurohime.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I haven't "climbed" any mountains, but I have been on a few.
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I climbed up a mountain of hay once. It was really fun! But then I got all covered in hay and that wasn't fun. How tall was it? About 9 feet I'd say. :D
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

I haven't "climbed" any mountains either, but I've been hiking in the moutnains in CO before.....I think the highest elevation was either 10,000 or 12,000 feet.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I have hiked on pletny of mountains where I lived--actually they are mere foothills compared to the Rockies, etc. But still, I love hiking and enjoy the great views when I get to the top.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I haven't climbed any. Hiked on Mt. Wilbur in Montana, and drove to the top of Mt. Columbia (I'm sure I've got the name wrong) in Maine and Pikes Peak in Colorado (that can be a scary drive).

-Jonathan
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Jonathan wrote:Pikes Peak in Colorado (that can be a scary drive)
Especially if I'm the driver on that road :yes: That was the first time I drove in the mountians and even scared myself.....I mean I had driven in mountians before, and it wasn't wet / icy or slippery, but still a very scary drive.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I too, have not climbed a mountain, but I have hiked the mountains in Colorado.
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

Frank wrote:I climbed up a mountain of hay once. It was really fun! But then I got all covered in hay and that wasn't fun. How tall was it? About 9 feet I'd say. :D
sounds dangerous lol :rofl2:
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

dancer02248 wrote:
Frank wrote:I climbed up a mountain of hay once. It was really fun! But then I got all covered in hay and that wasn't fun. How tall was it? About 9 feet I'd say. :D
And fun. My cousins have a ton of hay on their farm. Once in the snow we played a free for all king of the mountain on a bunch of those circular bales. Another time we climbed up their stack of bales, a good thirty feet, jumping over crevices and what not. May not sound fun, but it was.

-Jonathan
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Jonathan wrote:
dancer02248 wrote:
And fun. My cousins have a ton of hay on their farm. Once in the snow we played a free for all king of the mountain on a bunch of those circular bales. Another time we climbed up their stack of bales, a good thirty feet, jumping over crevices and what not. May not sound fun, but it was.

-Jonathan
Sounds very fun. Iv'e never gotten to do anything like that though. *sad*
Country Girl
Classic

Post by Country Girl »

I've climbed a few...
we have some where I live.. and hopefully this sat. I'll get to climb one :)
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Jonathan wrote:
dancer02248 wrote:

-Jonathan
Once my grandpa took my siblings, my cousins and I out to this dairy farmer friend of his, and he had a whole barn full of haybales! there we little hangovers, and caves, and cliffs...all made out of hay! It was fun. \:D/
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

I've hiked a few. The most notable one (i.e., the only one I can remember the name of) is Diamondhead in Hawaii. It seemed pretty high when I hiked it seven or so years ago.
Master Kenobi
I've been here a bit

Post by Master Kenobi »

I went backpacking this summer with my youth group. We climbed a mountain in the Rockies known as Mount Hope. I had never actually heard of it before time, but I had a good time anyway.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Itaque wrote:I've hiked a few. The most notable one (i.e., the only one I can remember the name of) is Diamondhead in Hawaii. It seemed pretty high when I hiked it seven or so years ago.
I've been in Diamonhead crater, but didn't get a chance to do any hiking.

-Jonathan