Star Trek 2 (2013)

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Star Trek 2 (2013)

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

So, everyone knows there is gonna be a sequel to Star Trek (2009), yes?

If you didn't know - well, there IS. It still doesn't have an official name though. Filming started in January, and today pictures from the set started rolling out. *I'm waiting on the trailer, but these pictures are pretty golden. No real spoilers though* I'm not a Trekkie, and actually can't get myself to love the first movie *the TV show rocks*, but one of my all time favorite actors is playing the unnamed Villain, and really, these pictures are gonna be on my laptop background for a few months to come. :D

Under the cut:

Essentially: you don't mess with Spock. :D

Anyone else excited for the sequel? I'm unconventionally excited!
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Although I am still skeptical about this whole alternate universe thing, I am really excited.

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

I watched the first one, and judging by that, I'd say I'm looking forward to the sequel. \:D/
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I'm excited for this; I did like the first film, but I'm excited to see Benedict Cumberbatch in it! \:D/

Till the end of the line.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I didn't see the first one (wasn't old enough at the time), and I really think I need to.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:Essentially: you don't mess with Spock.

Well, no, unless you want him to go all Vulcan Nerve Pinch on your face.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm looking forward to this... not really a fan of older Star Trek but the reboot is pretty good one movie in at least. \:D/

*waits for people to say they will boycott the movie because Spock is gay*
TigerintheShadows

The Top Crusader wrote:*waits for people to say they will boycott the movie because Spock is gay*
Most of them yaoi fangirls who can't let two guys be friends. ;) Bit stupid, really, seeing as how Kirk is the king of all skirt-chasers.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Haha. I meant the actor who plays him. Although I'm sure there is disturbing Kirk/Spock fanfiction out there.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

The Top Crusader wrote:Haha. I meant the actor who plays him. Although I'm sure there is disturbing Kirk/Spock fanfiction out there.
What? Zachary Quinto is gay? noooo.....

Yes, I had a fangirl moment :) I'm not too shocked though
Last edited by Shennifer on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TigerintheShadows

Shennifer wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Haha. I meant the actor who plays him. Although I'm sure there is disturbing Kirk/Spock fanfiction out there.
Yep. Came out this past October. Hope this doesn't change the Spock/Uhura angle...I like that pairing.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Ginny Weasley wrote:
Shennifer wrote:
Yep. Came out this past October. Hope this doesn't change the Spock/Uhura angle...I like that pairing.
*sigh* why do all the good looking guys....oh wait, never mind, there's still Chris Pine O:)
and yeah, I kinda like the Spock/Uhura angle even though I didn't think Spock was really the type to be in a relationship; bit out of character.

TigerintheShadows

Shennifer wrote:
Ginny Weasley wrote:
Shennifer wrote:
*sigh* why do all the good looking guys....oh wait, never mind, there's still Chris Pine O:)
and yeah, I kinda like the Spock/Uhura angle even though I didn't think Spock was really the type to be in a relationship; bit out of character.
I know, right? Haha...yeah, some people consider it to have been out of character, but I think that, in his own...special way, Spock has feelings like that, too.
AIO tumblr sideblog
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

All Vulcans feel, they just choose not to express those feelings. I think that what they might be trying to do is show more of Spock's human side.

Shen, you mentioned Chris Pine. I am thoroughly convinced one of the primary reasons he was cast was to get more females to the film. Aside from that he did do a pretty good job.

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

31899 wrote:All Vulcans feel, they just choose not to express those feelings. I think that what they might be trying to do is show more of Spock's human side.

This. They actually say that in SOMEWHERE (lol) in the franchise...

lol the actor of Spock is gay? lol he does look like sort of gay-esque, if I can say that... :anxious:

As Top said, the 2009 movie was pretty good. For a reboot. The stuff before the reboot (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY) were all pretty good. Enterprise (series) was bleh. It was cool to see Sam Beckett from Quantum Leap as Archer though. Scott Bakula! \:D/
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

31899 wrote: Shen, you mentioned Chris Pine. I am thoroughly convinced one of the primary reasons he was cast was to get more females to the film. Aside from that he did do a pretty good job.

It worked for me! \:D/ I have liked Chris Pine ever since he was in Princess Diaries 2, and even though I have never seen any of the old Star Trek movies, realizing that he was in the new movie made me interested! The trailer looked good overall, but at least part of the reason was because Chris Pine looked particularly good. :inlove:

I liked the first movie, and I expect to see the second one, unless it turns out to be really terrible, which I hope won't happen.

I also liked the Spock/Uhura storyline and look forward to seeing that continue. :D
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Catspaw wrote:
31899 wrote: Shen, you mentioned Chris Pine. I am thoroughly convinced one of the primary reasons he was cast was to get more females to the film. Aside from that he did do a pretty good job.

It worked for me! \:D/ I have liked Chris Pine ever since he was in Princess Diaries 2
#-o

THAT's why Kirk looked so familiar!! \:D/ I was like.. "where have I seen this guy before!!!" and it bugged me. But thank you for mentioned that. I am now relieved of that burden of forgetfulness. \:D/
#FOREVERKITTY
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

You're probably right; just like Zoe Saldana might've been cast to get more guys to see the film, though I have no evidence to support that.
Catspaw wrote:

It worked for me! \:D/ I have liked Chris Pine ever since he was in Princess Diaries 2, and even though I have never seen any of the old Star Trek movies, realizing that he was in the new movie made me interested! The trailer looked good overall, but at least part of the reason was because Chris Pine looked particularly good. :inlove:
haha so true :D I did like him in Princess Diaries 2, and thought he was great as James Kirk.

Oh and on the subject of people in the Star Trek reboot being in other recent movies, the guy who played his father is Chris Hemsworth, who went on to play Thor in that recent movie and will play him again in the Avengers ;)
Last edited by Shennifer on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

TigerintheShadows

Shennifer wrote:

You're probably right; just like Zoe Saldana might've been cast to get more guys to see the film, though I have no evidence to support that.
Well, Kirk was supposed to be the hot one, although I'm pretty sure that at the end of the day, Spock will always have the bigger fangirl base. ;)
AIO tumblr sideblog
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Shennifer wrote:just like Zoe Saldana might've been cast to get more guys to see the film, though I have no evidence to support that.
I can think of 50 actresses off the top of my head that are much better looking than Zoe Saldana. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

American Eagle wrote:
Shennifer wrote:just like Zoe Saldana might've been cast to get more guys to see the film, though I have no evidence to support that.
I can think of 50 actresses off the top of my head that are much better looking than Zoe Saldana. ;)
Dude. I can't even think of 50 actresses off the top of my head. lol. I watch movies for the plot, not the actors. If I see a movie with an actor I've seen before, I'll be like "oh dude cool. he's been in (blah blah blah)" I never remember who is in a movie. :P
#FOREVERKITTY