I got a Kindle.

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

I got a Kindle.

Post by Taps »

Well, I got a Kindle today. And I was wondering what are the best free books for the Kindle? I already have Robin Hood, Dracula, and the Art of War. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Taps wrote:I already have ... the Art of War.
Sounds like you’re set.
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

Haha- I am kind of plugging for the John Carter series since I've read the books and loved them-- they are free. Also (this is not free) my friend from my grandparents' church just wrote a novel which is on Kindle for 2.99. It's called Zenith by L. Hope Westaby.

I thought about getting a Kindle but I ended up getting an iPad. Are you liking your Kindle so far?
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Congrats on the new kindle! I highly recommend this book:

http://www.apnaorg.com/books/english/wo ... ?fldr=book

It is readable right off the site or, if your kindle can support .pdf you can download that as well. :)

Don't let the size of the book scare you, it's broken up into very small, readable portions.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

If you go to the Gutenberg Canada site http://gutenberg.ca/ Although the site is not as user friendly, the Canadian site might have some things you will not be able to find on the American site because things become public domain faster in Canada.

Gutenberg U.S. site http://www.gutenberg.org/

Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

My Man Jeeves, by P. G. Wodehouse. Hilarious short stories about rich bumbling idiot Bertie Wodehouse, and his incredible valet, Jeeves, who solves all his problems for him. Wodehouse has a great sense of humor, and I was cracking up by page two.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Try gutenberg.org. :yes:
Taps

Post by Taps »

EvangelineWalker wrote:Haha- I am kind of plugging for the John Carter series since I've read the books and loved them-- they are free. Also (this is not free) my friend from my grandparents' church just wrote a novel which is on Kindle for 2.99. It's called Zenith by L. Hope Westaby.

I thought about getting a Kindle but I ended up getting an iPad. Are you liking your Kindle so far?
I... LOVE... MY... KINDLE... :x

Although, if I had the choice between a Kindle and an iPad I would choose an iPad in a heartbeat ;)
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

Is it a Kindle Fire? My sister got one for Christmas.
Taps

Post by Taps »

No just a regular Kindle. I don't really get the Kindle Fire as in reading. Do they still use that weird virtual ink stuff? Or is it just completely like an iPad?
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

It's similar to an ipad or nook color or tablet, but waay less sophisticated and the memory space is not the greatest

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Typing this on my kindle fire now. I think it's a great alternative for those who don't want to pay a lot for something like the ipad. The battery life isn't great and it doesn't hold as much, but I still love it.