Adam Young is the Bomb

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

I am marrying Adam Young one day. And no one is going to stop me. Honestly, the man writes songs about GOING TO THE DENTIST and METEOR SHOWERS and isn't afraid to admit that he cried at the end of Tangled! His music is uplifting, sweet, encouraging, and all in all what gets me through the day often.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Trixie Belden wrote:I am marrying Adam Young one day. And no one is going to stop me. Honestly, the man writes songs about GOING TO THE DENTIST and METEOR SHOWERS and isn't afraid to admit that he cried at the end of Tangled! His music is uplifting, sweet, encouraging, and all in all what gets me through the day often.
He cried at the end of Tangled? :inlove: Move over sister, he's mine!!
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Amethystic wrote:
Trixie Belden wrote:I am marrying Adam Young one day. And no one is going to stop me. Honestly, the man writes songs about GOING TO THE DENTIST and METEOR SHOWERS and isn't afraid to admit that he cried at the end of Tangled! His music is uplifting, sweet, encouraging, and all in all what gets me through the day often.
Apparently, you two go for the sensitive types. \:D/
he/him | a little stinker.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Well...

I listened to Ocean Eyes the whole way through, and listened to a couple of songs twice. :-k

I'm not exactly sure what I thought. I liked some of his lines, although most of the lyrics still have me confuzzled. ;) I'm just not used to his style. Some the sections with just music were pretty cool though. :yes:

\:D/
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

You should listen to "Plant Life" from his new CD, "All Things Bright and Beautiful". It's my favorite. :inlove: And "Alligator Sky" as well. They're both so whimsically cheerful. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Steve wrote:
Amethystic wrote:
Apparently, you two go for the sensitive types. \:D/
More like I go for the Tangled-loving types. :yes:
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

...He wrote a song about going to the dentist???
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Indeed he did :yes: I like Owl City; love it's whimsicalness, :) but I'm glad to hear that in his latest album he's singing more songs that express his faith
Last edited by Shennifer on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Till the end of the line.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Shennifer wrote:Indeed he did :yes: I like Owl City; love it's whimsicalness, :) but I'm glad to hear that in his latest album he's singing more songs that express his faith
He does both Genera's so well :yes:
Steve

Post by Steve »

I fell asleep listening to Ocean Eyes Deluxe Edition last night... I had very happy-floaty dreams. \:D/
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Termite wrote:You should listen to "Plant Life" from his new CD, "All Things Bright and Beautiful". It's my favorite. :inlove: And "Alligator Sky" as well. They're both so whimsically cheerful. \:D/
I will..

...when I remember to, that is. :anxious:

Steve

Post by Steve »

Lee wrote:
Termite wrote:You should listen to "Plant Life" from his new CD, "All Things Bright and Beautiful". It's my favorite. :inlove: And "Alligator Sky" as well. They're both so whimsically cheerful. \:D/
I will..

This is your reminder to listen to "Plant Life" because it is a waltz and waltzes are cool.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Steve wrote:
Lee wrote:
I will..

This is your reminder to listen to "Plant Life" because it is a waltz and waltzes are cool.
I did.

Hmm... :-k I liked Alligator Sky, but Plant life... :shrugs:

Steve

Post by Steve »

What? What's wrong with "Plant Life?"

And I bet you didn't listen to the Shawn Christopher version of "Alligator Sky."
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I have no idea... It was the No Rap version. :anxious:

Steve

Post by Steve »

Lee wrote:I have no idea... It was the No Rap version. :anxious:
Actually, I to prefer the Rap-less version, simply because it's more spacial-sounding. Unless it's the video because Shawn Christopher makes some hilarious faces. Mostly when he says "Owl City."
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

lol @ you, 31899. People don't want to criticize his music because they like it. Honestly, do you like to criticize things you like and support? So don't be disappointed when you can't find legitimate criticism. It's akin to a sheep walking into a group of wolves asking them not to eat you. You're aren't going to be listened to.

I like Owl City. Fireflies was humorous, and I like Deer in the Headlights. Adam Young seems to fare well, so more power to him. Seriously, if he can pull it off and enjoy doing it, what's wrong with that? It's not offensive. I enjoy his music. To put it succinctly.

Edit: I'm listening to Port Blue- Deep Iceberg. I enjoy it. I listened to Brielle just before Deep Iceberg. It was okay. I also forgot to mention that I really liked Alligator Sky.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

After listening to several of his songs, I've come to the conclusion that his voice is kind of creepy, and with the exception of In Christ Alone, I'm not a big fan.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

His voice isn't creepy. A little odd sounding, maybe. :P
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Whitty Whit wrote:His voice isn't creepy. A little odd sounding, maybe. :P
It's really weird. :-