"The Debt" by Angela Hunt

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

"The Debt" by Angela Hunt

Post by Lee »

I know we have the Book Club faction, but I wanted everyone, including those who aren't a part of it, to hear about this.

...so I just finished reading this is morning. It was amazing. I would recommend it for ages 12 probably. It's a great book whether you're a boy or a girl, nothing romantic at all. ;) It will totally change the way you think about being a follower of Christ.

And if you start reading it and don't think it's going to be good, please hang on! It gets way better near the middle.

So get it and read it! I'd love to hear what you guys think. :yes:

\:D/
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Just to clarify one thing, you would recommend it for ages 12+ or you wouldn't recommend it for ages 12+?
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Jesus' Princess wrote:Just to clarify one thing, you would recommend it for ages 12+ or you wouldn't recommend it for ages 12+?

I meant would. ](*,) meaning it might be a bit mature for say, a ten year old... But it would depend on the person. ;)

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Lee wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:Just to clarify one thing, you would recommend it for ages 12+ or you wouldn't recommend it for ages 12+?

I meant would. ](*,) meaning it might be a bit mature for say, a ten year old... But it would depend on the person. ;)
That's what I though :) I should see if our library has it, I doubt it though..
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Lee wrote:

Our library is TINY. But they still have a lot of her books. Maybe you can put it on hold if it's not at your specific library?

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Lee wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:
Lee wrote:

Our library is TINY. But they still have a lot of her books. Maybe you can put it on hold if it's not at your specific library?
Yes, we have a network of 3 libraries, so possibly. :yes: (our library system is very liberal though, I would assume it's a Christian book?)
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Lee wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:
Lee wrote:

Yes, we have a network of 3 libraries, so possibly. :yes: (our library system is very liberal though, I would assume it's a Christian book?)
Yes it is... Yeah that could be a problem. :( Our library has a whole wall of Christian fiction so I'd say it's more on the conservative side. :inlove:

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Lee wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:
Lee wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:
Lee wrote:

Yes it is... Yeah that could be a problem. :( Our library has a whole wall of Christian fiction so I'd say it's more on the conservative side. :inlove:
Wow, I want to come to your library!
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Jesus' Princess wrote:
Lee wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:
Lee wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:
Lee wrote:

Wow, I want to come to your library!

I know... I'm fortunate. Actually we have two libraries within driving distance that have a section just for Christian stuff. ;)

If you need a list of Christian authors sometime, just ask. ;) I know it can be hard to find them if they aren't grouped together. :p I hate trying to find books in libraries that are like that.