I bent under the strong influence....

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

So said the people in love with the Narnia franchise. :-

I've still got to get around to reading the book. It's on my list. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Guess what was was prominently displayed in the window of the bookstore in the mall?

:yes: Yup. The Hunger Games series.

\:D/
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Mark Prescott wrote:Lee, let me encourage you to proceed with caution. I know your beliefs, and the hunger games can be fairly... for lack of a better word, raunchy. Katniss and Peeta have a fairly... sexual relationship.
Hold up--raunchy? Sexual relationship? :-s What part of the book, exactly, would be considered so sensual that it would cause an outcry?
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

I said, for lack of a better word. I could not think of a a better word to describe it. I also did say fairly, meaning that it is not huge, just a little thing, and I know how conservative Lee is, and I thought it might be a deal. Katniss and Peeta do sleep together, both in the arena and out of it. Granted, they may not (Pardon me) have sex, but they still do sleep together.
~Mark Prescott~
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Sleep together as in they snuggle up next to each other because they don't want to be alone. That's not what I'd call sexual, just... mildly dysfunctional, because Katniss has some emotional issues and she's relying on her "relationship" with Peeta to keep her alive in the arena.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

I agree with you. And maybe raunchy was too sting a word, I was just thinking about how weird it was for me.
~Mark Prescott~
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Amethystic wrote:
Mark Prescott wrote:Lee, let me encourage you to proceed with caution. I know your beliefs, and the hunger games can be fairly... for lack of a better word, raunchy. Katniss and Peeta have a fairly... sexual relationship.
Hold up--raunchy? Sexual relationship? :-s What part of the book, exactly, would be considered so sensual that it would cause an outcry?
I agree. .they "sleep together", but that's to stay warm. And they kiss a lot, but that's it =P in the 3rd book, there's a talk about those things. .but that's it.

GO HUNGER GAMES. xD
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Peeta wrote:
Amethystic wrote:
I agree. .they "sleep together", but that's to stay warm. And they kiss a lot, but that's it =P in the 3rd book, there's a talk about those things. .but that's it.

GO HUNGER GAMES. xD
I'm still trying to decide which book is my favorite :(
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Taps wrote:
Peeta wrote:
Amethystic wrote:

GO HUNGER GAMES. xD
I don't have a favorite book \:D/

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Woody

Post by Woody »

Lee, you are not alone. I may bend soon as well...
I have been robbed of my rightful secret moderator powers! Vote here to help me get them back!
Taps

Post by Taps »

Peeta wrote:
Taps wrote:
Peeta wrote:
Amethystic wrote:

GO HUNGER GAMES. xD
I meant from the Hunger Games Trilogy.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

The first one is definitely the best. The other two were kinda depressing.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Taps wrote:
Peeta wrote:
Taps wrote:
Peeta wrote:
Amethystic wrote:

GO HUNGER GAMES. xD
That's what I meant, too ;)

Taps

Post by Taps »

Peeta wrote:
Taps wrote:
Peeta wrote:
Taps wrote:
Peeta wrote:
Amethystic wrote:

GO HUNGER GAMES. xD
That's what I meant, too ;)
Well you know what they say! Great minds think alike!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Taps wrote:Well you know what they say! Great minds think alike!
You have a great mind? :/

Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

:lol:

Trust me guys, I read a LOT. (20+ big books already this year... ) And along the way I sometimes encounter kissing and hugging and stuff... ;) And it really doesn't offend me that much. I'm hoping I'll enjoy it! Hopefully it's in when I go to the library tomorrow or Wednesday. :yes:

\:D/