The Homelanders!

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Joy
Lucid and deductive

The Homelanders!

Post by Joy »

Now, probably you have never heard of this series. Well, you should've. I'm a ten year old girl reading a high-paced, violent, action book. I love this series, and you'll probably get hooked on it. Here's the description from Amazon. Also note, that out of 103 reviews on Amazon.com, it has an average of 4 star rating.
From Edgar Award winning and best-selling author Andrew Klavan comes The Homelanders series. Charlie West is a good kid. He studies hard, trains in martial arts,has just gotten the number of the prettiest girl in his class, and wants to join the air force after graduation. At least, thats the last thing he can remember. But he has woken up in a nightmare. Hes strapped to a chair, and someone outside the door just ordered his death. By calling on his deepest reserves of strength and focus, Charlie manages a desperate escape . . . only to find out that this nightmare isnt ending. Theres a whole year of his life that he cant remember--a year in which he was convicted of murdering his best friend and working with terrorists. Now, with the police hunting him and a band of killers on his trail, he's got to find the answers to some of the deepest questions there are: Who am I? What do I stand for? And how am I going to stay alive?
Sounds amazing, right? Well,if you feel as excited and entranced as you should be, go out to the library, and order this book! There are 4 books. I just recently finished the last book. There is going to be a stand alone book in May called The Homelanders. The other books are: The long way home, The Truth of the Matter, The Final Hour. Now, if you've read this book, or are going to read it, post here. Also, if you aren't a big fan of action, and violence, then this might not be your book. It jumps into the action in the very first sentence, and it never stops.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

My library only has the 2 middle books. Grr. I may have checked them out if they had the first one...
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Oh. Well that is really too bad! Maybe some other day.. If you are interested, you could check out the stand-alone book coming out in May.
Bananareader
Gold Member
Post by Bananareader »

I read this entire series, because a friend of mine mentioned reading The Last Thing I Rember book.
I also really enjoyed it.