Question-June Kendall

I am dying to know!!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Question-June Kendall

Post by poWerbOy »

ok i have always wondered this and last night i listened to "where is thy sting" and i thought about it again. is june kendall a christian? if so when did she become a christian (what episode)? If she's not, it seems weird, well maybe not weird, but i noticed that she says alot of things that make it sound like she IS a christian and then a few minutes later i am not sure anymore.

another question about the kendalls. if june divorced Bill, connie's dad, why did she keep his last name?
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I get the impression that she is..
...I hate marquees.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

but was she in the beginning? or was there an episode where she became a christian?....or somewhere in between that was never an episode?
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I'm pretty sure she wasn't at first..
...I hate marquees.
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

I don't have a great answer. But it always seemed to me that she wasn't a born again believer, but she kind of held the same moral beliefs and wasn't against Christianity at all, she just didn't have really a relationship with Christ. That was always my impression.

As for the divorce, a lot of women keep their married names after they get divorced. I don't know why, but they do.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

I always got the impression that she became a believer at the end of Where is Thy Sting..doesnt she ask Connie if they can pray together at the end?
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Yea. June was saved at the end of that ep. Then In December 1995,
in do, for a change, there was a new Christians Bible study, and June was in it along with Eugene and Zach and his mom. Thats the one Eugene was all uppity and Zach thought he failed as a Christian and pushed the kid into the volcano.
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

Jimmy Barclay wrote:Yea. June was saved at the end of that ep. Then In December 1995,
in do, for a change, there was a new Christians Bible study, and June was in it along with Eugene and Zach and his mom. Thats the one Eugene was all uppity and Zach thought he failed as a Christian and pushed the kid into the volcano.
ok i wasn't sure and i don't think i heard the end of the episode. for some reason i didn't remember her being in do for a change either....even though that is my all time favorite episode because of Eugen's prayer and because the scenes with glen and zachary on the science field trip are hilarious!!!!! :rofl2:
thanks for answering my questions everybody!!
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

oh and about the divorce thing...i was talking to my mom about that the other day, and she said when a person has a kid they will often keep the same last name as their child would have....thier ex-husbands...to avoid confusion/make things easier.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Yeah, people are always calling me by my mom's last name and my mom by my first name. At least she's not married to my dad and still has her maiden name. That would be really confusing.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

poWerbOy wrote:ok i have always wondered this and last night i listened to "where is thy sting" and i thought about it again. is june kendall a christian? if so when did she become a christian (what episode)? If she's not, it seems weird, well maybe not weird, but i noticed that she says alot of things that make it sound like she IS a christian and then a few minutes later i am not sure anymore.
In "Where Is Thy Sting?" June confesses to Connie that she's been "riding on the coattails" of her faith. That means that she went along with Connie's Christianity and didn't have a huge reaction to it, but she wasn't really saved herself. In "Go Ye Therefore" Connie asks her mom if she's right with God. It wasn't great timing because June was mad about Connie covering the car in bumper stickers. It's just a small comment but it's an indication that they may have played off of for "Where Is Thy Sting?" later on. :-k
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

poWerbOy wrote:another question about the kendalls. if june divorced Bill, connie's dad, why did she keep his last name?
I am sure that someone has already answered your question, but I would like to give you my answer. Alot of woman who are divorced, but still have children keep their X husbands last name because their child (or children) will keep the same last name as their father. They want their kids and them to all have the same name...so it looks like they are all a family...or so there child (or children) won't feel funny.

There are probably many more reasons than above, or maybe that is even not why, but that is just what I have observed.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

In one of the more recent episodes with Connie and Mitch, June mentioned something she had just read in her devotions, too.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

To give a definate this question, here's the last paragraph from the summary of Where is Thy Sting? in the Complete Guide:
She realizes that she's been living on the coattails of Connie's faith-June needs to have a faith of her own. She knows the time is right, so she asks Connie to introduce her properly to Jesus. Connie is only too happy to oblige.
-Jonathan
Missionary
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Missionary »

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm glad to know the answer now. Thanks.