Suggested Order for Star Wars films?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

What order!?

Release Date (4,5,6,1,2,3)
32%
Chronological (1,2,3,4,5,6)
39%
Original trilogy with BACKSTORY interjected! (4,5,1,2,3,6)
11%
The Star Wars trilogy (4,5,6). What do you mean, "prequels"? :x
7%
Random weird order (6,2,4,3,1,5) \:D/
4%
Skip them all and watch the horrid Ewok films instead!
4%
I don't care as long as its the unedited original trilogy. Han DID shoot first, I know it! And Jabba isn't in Episode 4!
4%

Total votes: 28

Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

about being alive during the actual release of the original trilogy, when my parents were dating they saw either Empire Strikes back or Return of the Jedi in theaters (or both), a fact that I find fascinating :)

Till the end of the line.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Personally I suggest burning 1,2,3,4,5,6 in chronological order and then think about how horribly disappointing and stupid they are and yell "NOOOOOOOO!!!" at them. \:D/

I voted for the 2nd option, by the way. If you're going to suffer through them you might as well go in the order they're supposed to be watched.
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Okay, who wants to give Baragon a place to stay, as she is now homeless? \:D/
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Baragon wrote:Personally I suggest burning 1,2,3,4,5,6 in chronological order and then think about how horribly disappointing and stupid they are and yell "NOOOOOOOO!!!" at them. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Jelly wrote:
Baragon wrote:Personally I suggest burning 1,2,3,4,5,6 in chronological order and then think about how horribly disappointing and stupid they are and yell "NOOOOOOOO!!!" at them. \:D/
NOOOOOO!!!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

After much hard deliberation. I feel that a first time viewer should watch it 4,5,6,1,2,3. But if you have already seen it, it should be watched 1,2,3,4,5,6. For the reason that it gives so much more depth to all the characters. And you can laugh at R2 for not telling Luke, Yoda was Yoda.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I can't believe nobody else has voted for the random order! \:D/
he/him | a little stinker.
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

bookworm wrote:
Jelly wrote:
NOOOOOO!!!
Haha, I love that button...my new favorite website! \:D/
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I've never seen Baragon post before....

\:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

She's supposed to be in the kitchen! :x
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Perhaps you left your laptop in the kitchen again, Top?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

bookworm wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:38 pm
Jelly wrote:
NOOOOOO!!!
Anyone else getting notified on the ten-year anniversary of a post?
Screenshot 2022-02-13 11.34.18 AM.png
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

jelly wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:37 amAnyone else getting notified on the ten-year anniversary of a post?
Screenshot 2022-02-13 11.34.18 AM.png
Yes! I got a notification as well, funnily enough, from a post bookworm had made. :p I WAS VERY CONFUSED. :boohoo:
Knight Fisher wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:49 am After much hard deliberation. I feel that a first time viewer should watch it 4,5,6,1,2,3. But if you have already seen it, it should be watched 1,2,3,4,5,6. For the reason that it gives so much more depth to all the characters. And you can laugh at R2 for not telling Luke, Yoda was Yoda.
Also... what he said. :- Although, I will say, when I finally watched the movies in chronological order (just recently, actually), I found them to be so much more enjoyable! :lol: I dunno why they were so hard to follow beforehand (watching in release order). Maybe because I was young, or maybe because of how political they are, I never knew what was going on. :boohoo:
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Now that there is an in-between movie (Rogue One) should it be inserted chronologically, or should the original six be kept together?
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

wait bookworm didn't even acknowledge the weird anomaly that brought us back to this thread, is this an orchestrated conspiracy? O_o
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

There has been some work being done behind the scenes on some old threads, it was probably related to that in some way, though I'm really not sure why any notifications would have been triggered. The timing of happening to be the same day as the original post you noted is just an incredible coincidence, that's pretty amazing!

Fortunately, whatever happened there, there is actually a reason to revive this thread after your bump. The question in my last post was genuine; Star Wars fans please discuss, I am interested in your thoughts on this.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Personally I'm in favour of just trading out all six of the most recent "official canon" entries in favour of Rogue One. That was the only Star Wars film released during my lifetime that I've actually liked.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

But would you recommend Rogue One then 4, 5, 6? Or do the trilogy first and flashback later? Thoughts on how to place that movie in relation to the one it leads into (New Hope) is what I'm really interested in.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I would do what you said, bookworm - Rogue One then 4, 5, 6. It's where it fits chronologically and I don't see any reason not to place it there.

I agree with jelly that Rogue One is a great movie.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Catspaw wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:19 pmIt's where it fits chronologically and I don't see any reason not to place it there.
The reason I was thinking was because of the major tone change you'd get going from Darth Vader going nuts at the end of Rogue One to just standing there underwhelmingly twirling lightsabers with an ancient man who can barely move. The Vader shown in the other movie should have bested Obi-Wan in two seconds.