Suggested Order for Star Wars films?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

What order!?

Release Date (4,5,6,1,2,3)
32%
Chronological (1,2,3,4,5,6)
39%
Original trilogy with BACKSTORY interjected! (4,5,1,2,3,6)
11%
The Star Wars trilogy (4,5,6). What do you mean, "prequels"? :x
7%
Random weird order (6,2,4,3,1,5) \:D/
4%
Skip them all and watch the horrid Ewok films instead!
4%
I don't care as long as its the unedited original trilogy. Han DID shoot first, I know it! And Jabba isn't in Episode 4!
4%

Total votes: 28

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bookworm wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:32 pm
Catspaw wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:19 pmIt's where it fits chronologically and I don't see any reason not to place it there.
The reason I was thinking was because of the major tone change you'd get going from Darth Vader going nuts at the end of Rogue One to just standing there underwhelmingly twirling lightsabers with an ancient man who can barely move. The Vader shown in the other movie should have bested Obi-Wan in two seconds.
Obi-Wan is deceptively skilled - his age has brought the wisdom he lacked in his youth. :yes:

Haha, I hadn't even thought of it quite like that. Any series that spans so many years is going to have it's continuity foibles. I guess that never bothered me.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I mean yeah, and you could also reason that Vader wouldn't lash out immediately because he wanted to have that back and forth talk with his old master. But the extreme difference in movement itself is really hard to reconcile. They are literally just standing there poking at each other, it's a major disconnect from the previous impression that had been made of what Vader in action looks like.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

So ten years later, what's a good age to FORCE (see, because Star Wars) a kid to watch Star Wars?

My youngling is showing more interest in pop cultury things but I think she'd be bored with Star Wars overall at this point, at age 4. I don't even remember how old I was, probably in the 6-8 range when I saw the original trilogy (which, at the time, was just the only trilogy, and we called A New Hope just Star Wars and Jabba wasn't in it and there wasn't an elaborate dance in Jabba's palace in Return of the Jedi and the Ewoks sang a funnier song at the end.)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

bookworm wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:43 pm I mean yeah, and you could also reason that Vader wouldn't lash out immediately because he wanted to have that back and forth talk with his old master. But the extreme difference in movement itself is really hard to reconcile. They are literally just standing there poking at each other, it's a major disconnect from the previous impression that had been made of what Vader in action looks like.
I guess I'm so used to episode four that it's never really struck me or bothered me that much. I can see how the contrast could make a difference to some people.

Top, I didn't see the Star Wars original trilogy until I was in my teens somewhere and haven't shown it to young kids ever. I do know an eleven-year-old who is quite enthralled with the franchise, so ten probably is a reasonable age. Come to think of it, I have a friend with three kids under ten who like Star Wars enough to dress up in Star Wars costumes for Halloween and have a Star Wars-themed birthday party, but I don't know if they've seen the movies or just like the Lego movies or whatever. You're raising your daughter with more fandom stuff than some kids so she might be on the advanced track. ;)