The Hunger Games

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

agreed with you
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

Shennifer wrote:ah no, I think I'll join them ;)
Preach it. We'll save a seat for you.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Caswin wrote:
Shennifer wrote:ah no, I think I'll join them ;)
Preach it. We'll save a seat for you.
haha okay :) thanks.

Till the end of the line.
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

don't forget to save one for me.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

You're already sitting in the vortex. You're good, Blitz.

Honestly, I can't figure out why there's so much excitement over this story. I mean, it's alright and everything, but it's not like it's the best thing ever. Now, before somebody goes and points out that it's like the highest-grossing movie ever, I'll point out that that tends to change almost yearly. YEARLY. That means, no one is interseted in these movies for longer than eleven to twelve months. As soon as the movie theater posters come down, the hype sleeps for awhile. Then it goes back up for a few weeks when the DVD/Blu-Ray release is announced. And then the whole thing goes away and everyone pretty much forgets about it. That being said, I find it ridiculous to take part in the hype. Hype if for fickle people, and if I'm going to make any kind of improvement of myself; I have to stop being fickle.

Carry on. If you dare.
he/him | a little stinker.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Steve wrote:You're already sitting in the vortex. You're good, Blitz.

Honestly, I can't figure out why there's so much excitement over this story. I mean, it's alright and everything, but it's not like it's the best thing ever. Now, before somebody goes and points out that it's like the highest-grossing movie ever, I'll point out that that tends to change almost yearly. YEARLY. That means, no one is interseted in these movies for longer than eleven to twelve months. As soon as the movie theater posters come down, the hype sleeps for awhile. Then it goes back up for a few weeks when the DVD/Blu-Ray release is announced. And then the whole thing goes away and everyone pretty much forgets about it. That being said, I find it ridiculous to take part in the hype. Hype if for fickle people, and if I'm going to make any kind of improvement of myself; I have to stop being fickle.

Carry on. If you dare.
^I agree with the above statement.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

This may seem stupid of me to do this, but I just want to make this clear. I'm not at all one of the people that absolutely loves Hunger Games. I like the premise, details, structure, setting and everything. Some stuff I don't like. I'm fine with that. Just please don't assume that I'm all out for Hunger Games. I see it as a more than average story/video. There's nothing to assume when I discuss something.

Just setting the record straight. :-
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I TOLD YOU SO.

*dances*
*insert provocative quote here*
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Steve wrote:Honestly, I can't figure out why there's so much excitement over this story. I mean, it's alright and everything, but it's not like it's the best thing ever. Now, before somebody goes and points out that it's like the highest-grossing movie ever, I'll point out that that tends to change almost yearly. YEARLY. That means, no one is interseted in these movies for longer than eleven to twelve months. As soon as the movie theater posters come down, the hype sleeps for awhile. Then it goes back up for a few weeks when the DVD/Blu-Ray release is announced. And then the whole thing goes away and everyone pretty much forgets about it. That being said, I find it ridiculous to take part in the hype. Hype if for fickle people, and if I'm going to make any kind of improvement of myself; I have to stop being fickle.
I know right, just like Star Wars. :( As soon as those movies finished, everyone stopped caring about it.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

American Eagle wrote:
Steve wrote:Honestly, I can't figure out why there's so much excitement over this story. I mean, it's alright and everything, but it's not like it's the best thing ever. Now, before somebody goes and points out that it's like the highest-grossing movie ever, I'll point out that that tends to change almost yearly. YEARLY. That means, no one is interseted in these movies for longer than eleven to twelve months. As soon as the movie theater posters come down, the hype sleeps for awhile. Then it goes back up for a few weeks when the DVD/Blu-Ray release is announced. And then the whole thing goes away and everyone pretty much forgets about it. That being said, I find it ridiculous to take part in the hype. Hype if for fickle people, and if I'm going to make any kind of improvement of myself; I have to stop being fickle.
I know right, just like Star Wars. :( As soon as those movies finished, everyone stopped caring about it.
save for those who see it almost like a religion
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

*sigh* well regarding Star Wars, those of us who grew up watching the movies are still loyal :noway:

anyway, yes, I like Hunger Games, they are indeed good books, and the movie was excellent, but I'm not one of those crazed fans. I will probably read the books again, and see the movies and maybe even buy them. And I think it's the crazed fans who sometimes burn out the quickest because they become the most sad after the last movie airs. But loyal watchers and readers still exist nonetheless.

Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

Steve wrote:Honestly, I can't figure out why there's so much excitement over this story.
Before you understand the excitement over The Hunger Games, you must first understand the concept of excitement over anything fictional. (The answer is not "Anyone who gets excited over a story has no life outside of the world of fiction.") If you assume universally that "hype is for fickle people", that may be part of the problem, but I could be misreading you.
American Eagle wrote:I know right, just like Star Wars. :( As soon as those movies finished, everyone stopped caring about it.
That isn't how I remember it. Didn't Star Wars become a lasting, important, ubiquitous cultural icon that persists in various forms to this day?
Last edited by Caswin on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Caswin wrote:
American Eagle wrote:I know right, just like Star Wars. :( As soon as those movies finished, everyone stopped caring about it.
That isn't how I remember it. Didn't Star Wars become a lasting, important, ubiquitous cultural icon that persists in various forms to this day?
Exactly. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

American Eagle wrote:
Caswin wrote:
Exactly. ;)
Star Wars is so much everywhere it's annoying.

That's why I refuse to watch it.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

...and that's just how fickle fandom is... I made my previous post and now everyone is talking about how they're not a "huge" fan of the Hunger Games. Easily swayed, now aren't we?
he/him | a little stinker.
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

Steve wrote:...and that's just how fickle fandom is... I made my previous post and now everyone is talking about how they're not a "huge" fan of the Hunger Games. Easily swayed, now aren't we?
Not really. Your claim of "everyone" is actually closer to "two people", you misquoted one of them, and I'm not convinced that you actually read the posts you're talking about before assuming that they said what you expected them to say. This isn't evidence that fans are easily swayed, least of all "us", especially since no one has denied that they were excited about The Hunger Games, which was what you were talking about in the first place.

I'm sorry, but I'm starting to think that you may not have a realistic view of other people.
Last edited by Caswin on Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Peeta wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Caswin wrote:
Exactly. ;)

I haven't seen or read any of the spinoff series or books, I've only seen the six movie saga (and one of the 'making of' videos). I know there are ton of spinoffs everywhere, as I said, and I don't know if they're 'good' or not, but all I know is that the original saga and the prequels at times are a fun, amazing, emotional, original story that is worthy of fans. I do think that the prequels made it much more kiddish than I would like; but that's a rant for another time.

Maybe the reason it's become annoying to you is that all the movies have come out, and all the books, comics, TV shows, etc. are all trying to keep it alive, maybe to the point of beating a dead horse.

Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

American Eagle wrote:
Gais O:) AE is being sarcasic in this post.
*insert provocative quote here*
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Shennifer wrote:
Peeta wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Caswin wrote:
Exactly. ;)

I haven't seen or read any of the spinoff series or books, I've only seen the six movie saga (and one of the 'making of' videos). I know there are ton of spinoffs everywhere, as I said, and I don't know if they're 'good' or not, but all I know is that the original saga and the prequels at times are a fun, amazing, emotional, original story that is worthy of fans. I do think that the prequels made it much more kiddish than I would like; but that's a rant for another time.

Maybe the reason it's become annoying to you is that all the movies have come out, and all the books, comics, TV shows, etc. are all trying to keep it alive, maybe to the point of beating a dead horse.
That, as well :anxious: And the constant references to it everywhere I turn :p
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

I have never watched star wars :noway:
Online family
Christian's nephew

BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody