The Hunger Games

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

The Hunger Games

Post by Trixie Belden »

Can't believe that we don't have a thread for the most amazing book series of the past decade, *THE HUNGER GAMES!* I know I'm not the only here who has read them.

Thoughts on the book? The movie? The incredibly deep characters? Favorite quotes? Share away!
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

I have not read the Hunger Games but I have heard they are great. When I get in the reading mood again I'll probably see about reading them.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I finished the trilogy over Christmas break \:D/ back when I read the first one, I thought it was too intense and didn't know if I'd continue with the series. But I'm glad I did because it was amazing! I love the characters, especially Peeta, and I can't wait for the movie because it actually looks accurate :D

Till the end of the line.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

My friend likes them, but she told me to watch out for some scenes because they're inappropriate. Is she right? I wouldn't want to read a book like that.
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

No, there are no inappropriate scenes. There is quite a bit of violence, so I wouldn't read them if you don't think you would care for that, however. Katniss pretends to be pregnant to avoid being injured, but that is the only negative thing I can think of.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I wasn't very excited about this movie coming out until I saw the trailer. It really looks like a movie worth watching. I have never read the trilogy, but maybe one day I will.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I just read the first two chapters online and am hooked. \:D/ I'll probably buy the series tomorrow.

However, being in this thread scares me... please use spoiler tags until I finish the series. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I'm trying to get them from the library, but I'm like 17th on the waiting list for book one... :( Digital downloads are even worse. I shall have to wait a while..
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I was browsing the Amazon Kindle store and saw the series is free for the Kindle if you have an Amazon Prime account. I do have an Amazon Prime account, but I lack both a Kindle and the desire to read this series. Just throwing the information out here for those who may be able to take advantage of it, though. \:D/
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Hmm, I have a kindle app, I'll have to check onto it.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

If you don't have a Prime membership, I know often they offer it free or discounted for students. No idea if they are currently doing that, though. It's $80 a year, otherwise... which is worth it to me but I can understand not everyone wanting to pay for it. ;)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Amazon Prime, the trial, only lets you get one book for free, so that's no fun :-
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

...well, its a start. ;)

I suppose not all of you have credit cards and such, so try to talk a parent or older sibling into signing up. ;)

Although actually I'm not sure how the Kindle works and if you have to have a specific account linked to it, etc... so if you linked to someone else's it might mess things up, I don't know. ;)
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I have read the first one, and have started on the second. They are very good :D
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Please stop killing me, Josh will never let me read um on his kindle.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

conquestor wrote:Please stop killing me, Josh will never let me read um on his kindle.
I don't know how old you are, but that may a good thing. They are books for teens like 14+, I think. ;)

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

American Eagle wrote:
conquestor wrote:Please stop killing me, Josh will never let me read um on his kindle.
I don't know how old you are, but that may a good thing. They are books for teens like 14+, I think. ;)
He's 11.

No, wait. .he's 12. *coughs* =P

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Pro tip: to those reading the series for the first time, memorize the faces of Katniss, Peeta and Gale (my signature) before you read them. This way, when you end up watching the movies, you won't be like, "Oh come on! That's now how Gale looks! Peeta has black hair!!"

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

American Eagle wrote:Pro tip: to those reading the series for the first time, memorize the faces of Katniss, Peeta and Gale (my signature) before you read them. This way, when you end up watching the movies, you won't be like, "Oh come on! That's now how Gale looks! Peeta has black hair!!"
I already memorized their faces, so yay!

Anybody else watching the trailer multiple times? \:D/

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Dude, I've watched it a dozen times over the past few days. Epic. The second one is the best.

0:30 through 0:50 gives me chills!

We should be getting one more, finale trailer within the next month! \:D/