The Hunger Games

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I just finished Catching Fire- It was AMAZING!
Her going back to The Hunger Games was really awesome, and the battle was a lot better- good twist at the end and the very last line- "Katniss there is no District 12" Sent shivers up my spine. All in all even better then The Hunger Games!
Last edited by Taps on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

>_> TAPS. I DID NOT READ YOUR POST COMPLETELY. PUT. IT. IN. SPOILERS. NOW.

*glares*
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Taps

Post by Taps »

Ha-ha oops... it is fixed. Sorry my bad. I thought I did... I am just absent minded :( My apologies.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

*glares*

YOU SPOILED PART OF IT FOR ME :mad:

I will never forgive you for this :x

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Taps

Post by Taps »

Which part did I spoil?

That's ok, I don't need you to forgive me anyway \:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

The end? O:)

Yeah, I'll just. .do sumfin awful to yous :x

Taps

Post by Taps »

Oh. O:)

Like WHAT :x
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Like something that happened to one of the tributes in the Hunger Games, that's what!

Taps

Post by Taps »

Ooh- please don't tell me
Glimmer :0
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Well, I was thinking more a combination of Rue and Cato's death, actually. The two mixed together would be. .horrifying, to say the least.
Spoiler added. -AE

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Gaius wrote:Did I say those three words? :anxious:
Nope! I was searching online for pictures of Peeta to use in my signature, and one of the pictures of him was captioned... :?
It said "WON 74TH HUNGER GAMES..." which I guess is four words. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

American Eagle wrote:
Gaius wrote:Did I say those three words? :anxious:
Nope! I was searching online for pictures of Peeta to use in my signature, and one of the pictures of him was captioned... :?
It said "WON 74TH HUNGER GAMES..." which I guess is four words. ;)
Ooh. Ooh. OH!

Wait a second. .

Okay, thanks =P

Taps

Post by Taps »

Gaius wrote:
Well, I was thinking more a combination of Rue and Cato's death, actually. The two mixed together would be. .horrifying, to say the least.
Spoiler added. -AE
Yes uh- lets - change the subject :shock:

Have you started Catching Fire yet AE?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Taps wrote:Have you started Catching Fire yet AE?
Yes, I am on page 75! \:D/ That's about how many pages I want to read per day, so I don't repeat last Friday (reading all day long :- ).

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

American Eagle wrote:
Yes, I am on page 75! \:D/ That's about how many pages I want to read per day, so I don't repeat last Friday (reading all day long :- ).
How's it going? :p

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Gaius wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Well, it's starting to get good, but the first 50 pages nearly bored me. :- It was like the Encyclopedia Brown books where the first chapter was basically telling you a backstory. The beginning of Catching Fire seemed to recap The Hunger Games. :-k No matter. I'm hooked now.

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

American Eagle wrote:
Gaius wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Well, it's starting to get good, but the first 50 pages nearly bored me. :- It was like the Encyclopedia Brown books where the first chapter was basically telling you a backstory. The beginning of Catching Fire seemed to recap The Hunger Games. :-k No matter. I'm hooked now.
It didn't seem that way to me. .but, still, it's just so amazing that Katniss's life is worse now >_>

Taps

Post by Taps »

Gaius wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Gaius wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
It didn't seem that way to me. .but, still, it's just so amazing that Katniss's life is worse now >_>
It was slightly boring for the first 3 chapters but gained my interest quick. And yes it is very amazing :yes:
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Make the usernames stop! :thud: This series is obviously driving the entire community insane, which I DID say, happened to people, on AE's original thread. :noway: Translation, I'm not very eager to try this series.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

The Kings Daughter wrote:Make the usernames stop! :thud: This series is obviously driving the entire community insane, which I DID say, happened to people, on AE's original thread. :noway: Translation, I'm not very eager to try this series.
Will you try it if I change back? If you don't like it after 2 chapters fine! You don't like it. But if you do, well you found a great series. Deal? :truce:
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.