Regis Returns II - Epic Subtitle Here

The place where role players come to play! If you want to start an interactive war, chat with real citizens of the town, or find other uses for your faction, this field can accommodate those desires. As with anything else, please try to keep your role playing appropriate... but you're still welcome to have a little fun!
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Tanya sighed loudly. "Okay, Richard. I'll help. I can't give this case much longer, though. It's interfering with my life, my world." Tanya flipped her hair into a ponytail. "I also want to ask if I could tell Mandy what's going on.....It's tough as it is."
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

"I personally can't say, you would have to call the boss," Richard sighed.
"I have been wanting to ask you," Richard paused, "Would you like to go out with me?"
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Tanya felt shocked...she was not expecting that. "I-I'm not sure Richard. I'll think about it and call you later..Well, I do have to go!" Tanya drank her water and left Whit's End.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Phillips intently continued his work.

*close up look at his notepad, containing a few lines*
*time cut fade*
*the pad now contains several pages of notes and code*

Phillips stopped typing and stretched his arms. He rolled the chair back from the desk and pressed the page button on the intercom.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

As Eugene worked, he was amazed at the sheer sophistication of the program.

"Mr. Whittaker?" he queried, "How exactly did you develop Darkshield? It is an astounding program!"

"Hmmm," Mr. Whittaker sighed, "That was a while ago, wasn't it? As I recall, I developed it with the cooperation of a person I met on a website for Christian programmers to collaborate. We spent a great deal of time working on it and integrating aspects that would later become Mabel. At one point, I was fairly sick, and so the person I was working with finished the program. It's interesting that you bring it up. I haven't heard from him in a long while."
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Edwin Blackgaard studied the figures on the file on his computer screen intently. His mouse pointer hovered over one doubtfully, and after hastily scribbling a few notes on his memo pad, he altered it slightly.

He leaned back in his expensive leather office chair, and cast an approving eye over the neatly arranged objects filling his office.

Organisation and imagination - the two most vital traits to achieving your dreams.

His pleasant ruminations were cut short when he noticed the blinking light on his intercom box. The light that served as a paging alert between the two devices. It seems Philips had made some progress at last. With barely contained excitement, Mr. Blackgaard rose from his chair and hurried eagerly towards the basement.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Phillips let Edwin into the secret room and led him over to the desk.
“I’m off to a solid start here,” he said, flipping through his notepad. “I have just the basic structure of the program made right now, I want to show you where this is so far and make sure we’re on the same track before I start the detailed coding.”
He walked Edwin through his notes, explaining the various parts.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Edwin maintained the carefully neutral mask he had adopted recently, and nodded slowly as Philips expounded on his work. Inwardly, he was jubilant. Despite having very limited knowledge of computers and programming, the theater-loving Blackgaard had a logical and intelligent mind, and he followed Philips explanations with relatively little effort. It seemed like it could work, though he didn't understand some of the more complex algorithms.

Still, it wouldn't do to show too much enthusiasm at this stage. He didn't want Philips to get too cocky; over-confidence led to sloppy work, and larger demands when all was over.

"Good work Philips", Edwin said with measured approval. "From what I see, you're on the right path here." And then, to keep him on his toes, Edwin added; "How soon will you have this ready for me?"
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

“Well, that depends on how sure you want to be that it will work. I can have a functioning program ready by tomorrow for initial testing, but it would only be very basic. Before releasing it we would need to add additional features. We’re only going to have one chance with this, we need to be certain it’s fully ready before it breaks out.”
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Edwin ran some calculations in his head. This period was a delicate stage in his plans, and delays could mean an increased risk of being exposed. Things were already heating up, he could sense it. The longer they waited, the greater chance that someone would get suspicious, and everything would be ruined. His plan was largely hinged on his already established reputation.

On the other hand, it was vital that this program be perfect. Anything less than so would be equally disastrous. Weighing everything up in his analytical brain, he made a decision.

"Get the basic program outline finished for tomorrow. I believe we have the time for extensive testing, but I want everything at least running somewhat as soon as possible. I don't trust these Odyssey folk; you've seen first hand how meddlesome they can be. The sooner we can finish our work here, the better."
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

“I agree. As soon as possible, but not rushed.”
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

"Exactly. I'll leave you to your work, and get back to mine."

Edwin spun around, and headed back out the concealed exit. As a parting shot, he turned and said: "we're so close Philips. So very close. And the reward will be great indeed."
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

*time passes*
*it is now the next morning*
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Tanya gives a stretch, and stares out the window tiredly. She had been up all night working. And she still had the whole Richard thing to figure out. 'Maybe Mandy could help me', Tanya thought nonchalantly. 'She obviously has a lot more experience with this sort of thing than me'. Tanya leisurely snuggled into the covers, and fully woke up a few minutes later. She padded softly across the hall to Mandy's room, her slippers making light sounds on the carpet. With the back of her hand, Tanya knocked gently, and said softly "Mandy, you up?"
Blitz
Love to love

Post by Blitz »

Richard ran out for his morning jog. No break and his job was in peril. If only he could prove himself. No way he was becoming a plain old policeman.
Online family
Christian's nephew
Sammy's Bro and moderator between Sammy and Woody and her partner in randomnes
Woody's younger brother and best friend And married to Joy and forgot about it Dolls third cousin
Yes, since my sweetheart lives in the clouds
I must float on them. - Limerick

Blitz....do not flirt when you have a gf already!!!! Gahhhhhh..these tweens need to learn proper gentlemanly behaviour!!!
Blitz: I am a teen
* Black_Ghost buries the two peeps...err chicks...err dude and a chick
'Here lies blitz the dude, and IT the chick.
* IrishTiger is not being buried beside Blitz.
Doll knows everything about her sweet baboo
BECAUSE SHE STALKS HIM
Woody
Check out my blog by order of the king.
http://blitzkrieglight.blogspot.com/
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Trent had risen and shone that morning, narrowly missing Jared on his way out the door (Jared had been muttering under his breath recently about Compsons and Bundrens; Trent couldn't decide if he was having problems at work or had recently become a fan of William Faulkner novels). He meandered down the streets of Odyssey and came to Whit's End, where, having walked in side, he caught sight of Mr. Whittaker.

"Hey, Mr. Whittaker," he greeted. "What's up?"
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

John Whittaker woke up early and opened the shop, as was his routine. Whistling cheerfully, he began to take inventory of the ingredients used in the ice cream. "Hmm," he said, concerned. "I need to purchase more cups for next week if the kids are going to buy this many ice cream sodas." After making a note, and placing it in his office, he returned to the front counter. Suddenly, he heard the distinctive familiar bell ring.

"Why, hello, Trent!" he exclaimed. "I am doing well. Do you need anything? You look, well, just worn out. Come sit down and have a sundae. Does a WODFAMCHOCSOD still sound good to you, now that you're in college?" Whit said, playfully.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

"That'd be great, Mr. Whittaker, thanks," he replied, grinning.

OOC: Hey, bookworm, Smaug, are you guys ready to advance the plot on your end? We need this to get into epic overdrive. \:D/
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Phillips rolled back from the laptop and stretched. He had worked through most of the night. “Nearly there” he said aloud. After a little more work he would finally see if this undertaking was feasible.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

As he made the frothy, chocolatey drink, Whit spoke to Trent. "Say, when was the last time you went in the Imagination Station? I've been working on some new ideas for programs with Eugene."