Rick Wraith, Christian Detective

A brand new radio drama!

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Rick Wraith, Christian Detective

Post by Peachey Keen »

Some of the people who worked on Jonathan Park have made their own radio drama called Rick Wraith: For the Love of Money. I was priveleged to be one of the first people to hear it and it is top notch. Really brings back the feel of an old time radio show but in a modern way. Check it out!
http://www.creationadventurefamily.com/wraith
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I tried to order the CD, no luck. They wanted me to verify my PayPal account and I opened it so long ago that I don't remember what security information I used and I no longer have the credit card I used then either. So I wasted 15 minutes trying to oder the CD and did not accomplish a thing because all of their transactions are done through PayPal. So if you are like me and do not remember your security information and no longer have the credit card that was used at the time you started your account, you are out of luck. I'm extremely disappointed because this sounded like something I would've enjoyed.
Last edited by Laurie on Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

You can always order the MP3s. Or wait until Presidents Day next year to hear it on the radio.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Peachey Keen wrote:You can always order the MP3s. Or wait until Presidents Day next year to hear it on the radio.
I cannot access my PayPal account as I stated in my earlier post and was unable to order the CDs. The MP3s will have to be ordered from the same site so how would I be able to order the MP3s? The way my luck with this has gone no station in my area will broadcast it.
Last edited by Laurie on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I contacted the people who made this and said this:

We now have two options on the website.

Regular Credit Card Payment ("Click here to buy in our E-Store")

Payment with PayPal account.("Click here to buy through a PayPal Account")

If [you] have any more trouble... [you] can call us by clicking on the "Contact" button on our site and we can take an order over the phone.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Peachey Keen wrote:I contacted the people who made this and said this:

We now have two options on the website.

Regular Credit Card Payment ("Click here to buy in our E-Store")

Payment with PayPal account.("Click here to buy through a PayPal Account")

If [you] have any more trouble... [you] can call us by clicking on the "Contact" button on our site and we can take an order over the phone.
I have successfully ordered the CD. Thank you Peachy Keen for contacting the company. I really appreciate your efforts. No offense intended but the company should have had both options on the website from the beginning.
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
AIOCREFan
Gold Member

Post by AIOCREFan »

As soon has I saw the title, I was wary. These dramas tend to be cheesy. (I know, I was spoiled by AIO and DGL.) And when I found out it was made by some of the people that made JP, I was really wary.

JP's message is hindered by it's sometimes poor scripting, and REALLY bad post-production. I constantly find myself not enjoying the eps because they are SO poorly produced. JP's biggest problem is they try to fit to much in 1 episode, even in multiple-part episodes. I understand they want to put creation trumps evolution facts in every ep, and they are really interesting and cool, but to fit them in, they speed up everyone's lines, especially the announcer. And they try to fit too many poignant moments in, and then ruin what's left of those moment's impact by inserting music. And a lot of times the lessons are very clumsily shoved into the script. For example, last weeks ep that aired on the radio literally shoved the lesson of the importance of women into the ep. Add in that the conflicts are always bad guys vs. good guys and never between the children or the parents, and the characters are poorly developed, and you have JP. And yes, last week's ep did all of this.

Sorry I rambled on and on about Jonathan Park, but I'm afraid that this radio drama will suffer, because of all of the problems these people made with JP.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

AIOCREFan, I see that you haven't heard all the episodes of JP. Even though I am an avid fan of the show, I must agree with you that the first 2 albums aren't that great and for good reason. They were made my people who didn't know much, if anything, about making a radio drama. But if you would listen to Volumes 3-7, you would see how the storylines, acting, and production has improved.

As for Rick Wraith, the quality from the recent JP albums is carried over. The "preachiness" is to a minimum. The story very engaging. Why don't you listen to more of JP and RW before you form an overall opinion of the series.
AIOCREFan
Gold Member

Post by AIOCREFan »

Sorry, I can tell I annoyed you. Now that I think about it, it seems that I have (for whatever reason) only heard eps from albums 1 & 2. I have album one, as it came into the local thrift store. And I unfortunately don't have time to listen to the kids programs on the radio much anymore (Saturday is my day to catch up on sleep in the morning), and it seems that when I finally had time, the JP ep was from album 2.

But I also remembered that I heard one episode on the radio months ago, and discovered it was in the 4th volume. It had many of the problems I mentioned above, although they weren't quite as severe. And I will admit that I should listen to more JP before jumping to conclusions. But the fact that an ep from album 4 had still had some problems, and the announcer was still sped up. ](*,)

One scene had them going through a jungle and Kendall Park was talking about another creation vs. evolution. The fact was very interesting, but in the background they had the same sound effects over and over. Every 5 seconds, this is what was heard: Walk, walk, walk, walk, someone pushes some bushes back and grunts in the process. Since the fact took at least a minute to tell, it got very annoying and detracted from what Kendall was saying.

And the exciting scenes where the villain tried to get away were confusing. But then again, DGL, a great show, with AIO quality, had a explosive ending with a bad guy and it was also confusing. In fact, AIO does something that is very rare. The action scenes work and aren't confusing. It's extremely difficult to do. So I will let JP go in that area.

And I will hopefully get to listen to more of the new JP's as our church hopefully renovate our church library, replace all the old AIO tapes (a lot of them are busted anyway) with CDs, and get JP, DGL, Paws and Tales, ect. So then, I should get to listen to them. And hopefully, I can change my opinion of JP. \:D/