Reasonable Advice Questions for Top!

The place for all those "Questions for this fascinating user" threads so they're all in one place!
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

If you decided to have like, a gazillion flatscreen HDTV's (if you can afford them, that is) would Baragon let you? \:D/
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Whitty Whit wrote:If you decided to have like, a gazillion flatscreen HDTV's (if you can afford them, that is) would Baragon let you? \:D/
I think we're getting... one. That will have to do for the moment. :(
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

But what if Baragon wants to watch cooking shows during the football season? What will you do then? :x
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I have always thought it would be awesome to have a wall of big screens so you could like, have multiple games on, or maybe be watching a movie but have a game silently on beside it, or playing a video game on one but have cable news on another... but alas I don't think that will be happening soon. :(

But DO NOT FEAR I don't think we are throwing out or getting rid of our current televisions. The new home has a living room and a finished basement (which I intend to move my troops into and stage a take over), so the plan as it stands is to have our current TV in the living room, and the new awesome giant super powerful one in the basement theater/game room. So while they can't all be together at least there will be multiple places to watch television. Plus we are making the upstairs bedroom a library/reading room/observatory, so I might stick an old TV up there just for emergencies. >_>
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

The Top Crusader wrote:Plus we are making the upstairs bedroom a ... observatory
So you can continue your UFO research?
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Top, what is the meaning of life?
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Should I buy the Kitchen-Aid I've been wanting?
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

What inspired you avatar on the TH?

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Graces4you wrote:What inspired you avatar on the TH?
Probably his title:
Job is to annoy Bennett Charles
Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

bookworm wrote:
Probably his title:
I suppose....

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Graces4you wrote:
bookworm wrote:
Probably his title:
I suppose....
I’d be annoyed if someone did that to my picture.
Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

bookworm wrote:
Graces4you wrote:
bookworm wrote:
Probably his title:
I suppose....
I’d be annoyed if someone did that to my picture.
That's true.

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

bookworm wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Plus we are making the upstairs bedroom a ... observatory
So you can continue your UFO research?
Yeah, I will catch Hitler eventually! :x
Sapphire wrote:Top, what is the meaning of life?
Baragon wrote:Should I buy the Kitchen-Aid I've been wanting?
No, Kitchen Aid Company promotes abortions.
...heh. It was very briefly that when during an early storyarc on the ToO everyone retreated to the TH to talk about it... but that so happens to be the time that the archive picks it up. I usually used something like this:

Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Top, why is seven used so often in the Bible?
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Top, can you explain Newton’s Second Law of Motion?
(I know this isn’t an advice question, but I’d still like your insight if you have any on this.)

We went over the three laws in my History of Science class today, but the instructor couldn’t explain that one very well.
The first law is easy: “Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it.”
So is the third: “For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.”
But there doesn’t seem to be a simple summary statement like those for the second. She just gave the formula and used a vague example to sort of explain the concept, but not what it actually says.
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

I believe this fits into the "Reasonable Advice" category:

How do you overcome food cravings. I already know that eating a ton of the certain food that you crave does not help. Any advice?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Why do you make us wait so long for your wisdom? The suspense is like torture.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

bookworm wrote:Why do you make us wait so long for your wisdom? The suspense is like torture.
Because I'm mean! :x

But yeah, sorry everyone, I promise to answer more promptly from now on. Was moving and working a lot and got a dog so I've been busy. \:D/
Astronomer wrote:Top, why is seven used so often in the Bible?
Clearly the number seven is a powerful number. Afterall, seven ate nine! \:D/

But... err... well God seems to like numbers like 3, 7, and 12. I am not one to go in for SUPER SECRET HIDDEN BIBLE CODES, I am willing to believe God just thinks its the bestnumber for whatever He is using it for at the time. Plus that movie with Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman was pretty cool.
bookworm wrote:Top, can you explain Newton’s Second Law of Motion?
(I know this isn’t an advice question, but I’d still like your insight if you have any on this.)

We went over the three laws in my History of Science class today, but the instructor couldn’t explain that one very well.
The first law is easy: “Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it.”
So is the third: “For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.”
But there doesn’t seem to be a simple summary statement like those for the second. She just gave the formula and used a vague example to sort of explain the concept, but not what it actually says.
Well, clearly she should be FIRED!!!!! :x I had a great physics teacher, and I'm sure I knew this really well at one point. Let me think... As I recall "Lex II: Mutationem motus proportionalem esse vi motrici impressae, et fieri secundum lineam rectam qua vis illa imprimitur." I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about that. :noway: But seriously... ;) In simplest terms Newton was saying, "Hey my peeps! Whatever force that you are like applying to pushing to some random thing is like totally the speed it will go at. So like if you double the speed, the momentum of the thingy will be twice as fast, and if you like triple it, then it will triple. Cause like gravity and stuff." In even simpler terms I would summarize it to "Whatever force you apply to something is the equivilent of its momentum." It's been about a dozen years but that sounds right to me. ;)
Sunshine wrote:I believe this fits into the "Reasonable Advice" category:

How do you overcome food cravings. I already know that eating a ton of the certain food that you crave does not help. Any advice?
Well there is some variance here because a person can crave a certain food for different reasons... some food could create a certain chemical dependence (like caffeine), in some cases it could just be psychological, and in other cases it could just taste good. \:D/ And it can vary person to person. Like they often will say if you drink diet soft drinks since you aren't getting real sugar you will crave sweets and end up consuming the sugar from another source anyway, or having to fight with yourself to avoid it... but for me personally I rarely have a significant urge to have sugary stuff and I drink sugar free soft drinks all the time (Pepsi Max FTW).

Without lots of data of your particularly food issue, my initial suggestion would be to try the opposite of what you apparently already tried. ;) Try to portion control the item. If you are craving it, let yourself have a small portion, but work to cut it off there. If possible maybe just don't have large amounts of said item in the house at any given time... but you may not have control over that of course. You can also try confusing your brain and stomach, and when you really crave said food, drink like a quart of water before you give in every time. That will make you less hungry in general and eventually your brain will associate the craving with also having to drink a lot of water... which most brains don't like to do. :x
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

Which episode of Batman the Animated Series is the best?
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

There are a few really standout episodes... the series introduced Harley Quinn who has gone on to be one of the most popular characters in the Batman Universe... I don't think a character has ever been introduced in media other than comic books and has gone on to that much popularity before.

Anyway, to pick just ONE I'd probably go with "Heart of Ice". I love the Joker and Harley so I feel bad picking an episode they aren't in, but Heart of Ice was excellent.