The most pointless movie you've ever seen

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Hey, I'm watching the animated LOTR movie right now! It's not so bad; there are just a few... freaky... parts that look so psychedelic you feel like you're on a bad 'trip'. Not that I would have experience with 'trips', of course. But if I had ever had one, I imagine it would look a lot like those swaying, half-animated half-live-action dark rider scenes.

I hear RotK is a lot better than the Fellowship and the Two Towers. I really want to see that one, mostly because Eowyn (from pictures I've seen online) looks more like what I envisioned her to look like.
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

Rachael wrote:Hey, I'm watching the animated LOTR movie right now! It's not so bad; there are just a few... freaky... parts that look so psychedelic you feel like you're on a bad 'trip'. Not that I would have experience with 'trips', of course. But if I had ever had one, I imagine it would look a lot like those swaying, half-animated half-live-action dark rider scenes.
LOL! :hilarious:
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Lol. We found the animated version so horrible that we turned it off after 45 minutes.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

It's not that bad! It may not be as good as the live action movies, but when you consider the technology they had back then, it's really quite good. Despite the fact that Galadriel and Eowyn from the Two Towers are exactly the same except for their dresses and the fact that Eowyn has her hair pulled back.
Neosha
OK

Post by Neosha »

i agree with willy wonka Napoleon Dynamite is the most pointless movie i ever seen in my entire life
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

jessica wrote:i agree with willy wonka Napoleon Dynamite is the most pointless movie i ever seen in my entire life
So it's probably a good thing that when I had the chance to see I went and played Ultimate Frisbee insteed.
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory I think was the most pointless... Peter Pan (the live action one with the "I do believe in fairies" line) was pretty bad, though.

If I had seen Napoleon Dynamite, I would almost definitely nominate that, due to what I've heard from my most trusted critics (I mean friends....)

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Rachael wrote:It's not that bad! It may not be as good as the live action movies, but when you consider the technology they had back then, it's really quite good. Despite the fact that Galadriel and Eowyn from the Two Towers are exactly the same except for their dresses and the fact that Eowyn has her hair pulled back.
We may be talking about different versions. Was this the one where Saruman's robe went all trippy, and Bill died?
Eugene Blackgaard
Amadeo killed me!

Post by Eugene Blackgaard »

That one movie made by the EB chap, the one about the pinecone. That was the most pointless movie I've ever seen. No doubt.
ToO Comic - #1|#2|#3|#4|#5|#6|Filler#1|Filler#2|#7|#8|#9

In the darkness the Motherhood silently bakes cake and knits sweaters with love in every stitch.
Call me Sergeant Pepper.
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Eugene Blackgaard wrote:That one movie made by the EB chap, the one about the pinecone. That was the most pointless movie I've ever seen. No doubt.
lol! :rofl2: :hilarious: You're so funny, EB! And, I've seen worse movies.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Me wrote:
Rachael wrote:It's not that bad! It may not be as good as the live action movies, but when you consider the technology they had back then, it's really quite good. Despite the fact that Galadriel and Eowyn from the Two Towers are exactly the same except for their dresses and the fact that Eowyn has her hair pulled back.
We may be talking about different versions. Was this the one where Saruman's robe went all trippy, and Bill died?
Umm... if by trippy you mean lights started shining from Saruman's robe and if you mean that it's implied that the watcher in the water ate Bill, then yes.

This is the one where the orcs and dark riders are done by real people, and they're 'scribbled over' and stuck into the cartoon. Now that I've finished it, I want to see Return of the King. Not because I liked this one, but in the hopes that maybe it will make up for it!
Ferder
Pilgrim

Post by Ferder »

The LOTR movie did so badly that they never made part 2, so the guys who made the animated Hobbit had to finish it with ROTK.
It's funny: I think the guys honestly believed they were on a technological break-through with the rotoscope (painting over the live actors), but it looked so bad I don't think it caught on until recently, where they used a similar process (though with CG) for Gollum in the new movie.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I remember thinking, years ago when I saw the animated LOTR, that the effects of the orcs was kinda cool... it made them look realistic or whatever. Although I am certainly in the minority on that view.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Rachael wrote:
Me wrote:
Umm... if by trippy you mean lights started shining from Saruman's robe and if you mean that it's implied that the watcher in the water ate Bill, then yes.

This is the one where the orcs and dark riders are done by real people, and they're 'scribbled over' and stuck into the cartoon. Now that I've finished it, I want to see Return of the King. Not because I liked this one, but in the hopes that maybe it will make up for it!
Yup, it's the same one I think. I couldn't stand it.

Rotoscope has come so far. Even I can do it now.
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

Holiday In The Sun!!! A Mary-Kate and Ashley movie. It had no plot at all!!!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Laurie wrote:The Nutty Professor and Dr. Dolittle with Eddie Murphy.
I assume you didn't mean the original Nutty Professor with Jerry Lewis?

And while it wasn't bad or anything, I'd have to agree with those who call Napoleon Dynamite the most pointless movie ever.

-Jonathan
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

"Winning London". The movie was generally annoying. It had no plot at all, and I just don't like movies where the heroines get infatuated with the nearest male available whether they know them well or not.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I like Winning London! ;) Okay, so it is lame and pointless and dumb, and an air shaft turns into a laundry shoot, but hey, it's kind of fun. \:D/ Still pointless and dumb, though that one guy is kind of cute. ;)
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

HULK. i hated it cause i couldn't follow the plot (maybe cause there wasn't one?)