Sports Discussion The Good The Bad And The C'mon Man!

Formerly Baseball Discussion: Latest Headlines.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Sports Discussion The Good The Bad And The C'mon Man!

Post by Knight Fisher »

Mike Quade Fired!

In a completely unsurprising move Mike Quade was relieved of his duties. He was ineffective as manager. Tony Larussa also retired this week. Discuss!
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

What? After winning the world series? Pah.

Just who is Mike Quade?
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Seriously, Again?

Last summer we had the "Big Three" go to Miami. And now -with the Marlins moving to that very city- we have the Marlins looking to key in on big free agents. With the big name being Albert Pujols. They are also talking to Jose Reyes a shortstop. And Pitcher Mark Buherle. Please tell me we wont have more Big Blank talk. As the Heat proved early last year, big names don't win ballgames. ~Knight Fisher

Knight Fisher is a completely unrelated to the MLB amateur reporter. This report is out of place in Finnemans's. And will thus be either moved to the Newspaper section as a broader sports article. Or discontinued depending on how people respond to this issue.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

"Baseball Discussion: Latest Headlines"

That's the most vague (and boring :anxious:) title ever.
Knight Fisher wrote:As the Heat proved early last year, big names don't win ballgames. ~Knight Fisher
They won the third most games in the entire league. That's not enough?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

They started the year 0-8. And the Bulls swept them. D-Rose for MVP. Oh wait he already won.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Knight Fisher wrote:They started the year 0-8.
Dude, that makes the rest of the season even more impressive.
Knight Fisher wrote:And the Bulls swept them.
Come on, man, the Heat smashed Chicago in the playoffs, 4-1. Your bias is bleeding through my computer screen.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Latest News! American Eagle had better learn this is a completely biased editorial. Meaning we aren't going to be rooting on the Packers. :x

EDIT: And to prove my bias in goes the Bears D/ST.
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Knight Fisher wrote:EDIT: And to prove my bias in goes the Bears D/ST.
Haha, I think that turned out to be a good move. ;)

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Yeah, just maybe. Even I wasn't expecting one of the greatest performances by any player of the season. :lol:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

This topic should be retitled "MLB: The Shootout to Rescue Ramos".
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

No I am going to re-title it "Sports Discussion The Good The Bad And The C'mon Man!" So we stop posting unrelated stuff in Fantasy Football and The Football Pool.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Awesome, this topic is no longer about a really boring sport! \:D/

Well, to the surprise of no one, the Bengals lost yesterday to the Steelers, putting the Steelers at number one in the AFC North. :( Honestly, I was expecting it to be a lot worse than it was. ;) But we hung on and came back from a 14-0 deficit at the beginning and made it a competitive game, only losing by a touchdown. Can't help but think if Bengals defense had been a little more awake for those first two TDs, and if Green had been in the game the second half, that maybe we could have pulled out a win, but it wasn't meant to be. As long as we can hang on and beat teams we SHOULD beat (Rams, Browns, Cards) and maybe pull off a couple more wins against the tough teams (another Steelers game, two with the Ravens, one with the Texans), I think we have a decent shot of getting a wild card spot in the playoffs even if we don't win the division. It wouldn't be impossible for AFC North to take both wildcard spots... I could see Ravens, Steelers, and Bengals staying neck and neck, one wins the division, the other two get wildcards. Depends what the other divisions are up to, though. And depends on the Bengals not imploding after this tough loss yesterday. ;)

Otherwise, interesting to see the Dolphins and Rams both get win #2 and Colts still winless.

Also, while Andy Dalton couldn't win it for us yesterday, I'm tired of all this CAM NEWTON, ROOKIE OF THE YEAR talk when his team is 2-7. :noway:
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

The Bengals did pretty well. They just have to get back to the basics. Like tackling the running back. They have a very good shot at the playoffs. I personally hope they beat out the Jets for a spot.

Yeah Detroit could very possibly have company in the 0-16 club.

And speaking of Detroit they had better get some suspensions. a.k.a Matthew Stafford and Suh. Stafford could have done permanent damage to D.J. Moore's neck. That is inexcusable. And why was he talking to Goodell last week and the Ref yesterday before the game.

Yes Cam was horrible yesterday! :x If it wasn't for the Bears D/ST I could have lost my fantasy game thanks to him. There is now a big QB controversy for me between Cam and Tim.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Well to be fair Cam has great stats but such a bad team he can't get any wins. Still seems a disservice to the Bengals' rookie QB Andy Dalton who has managed a 6-3 season so far but he gets little sports media attention, its all about CAM and his 2-7.

Put Cam on a competent team, though, and he'd be at least up there with Dalton in wins. if not better.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Knight Fisher wrote:And speaking of Detroit they had better get some suspensions. a.k.a Matthew Stafford and Suh. Stafford could have done permanent damage to D.J. Moore's neck. That is inexcusable. And why was he talking to Goodell last week and the Ref yesterday before the game.
Mmhmm sure. No bias is showing here, at all.

I love that Tebow is 3-1. \:D/ He's a winner; that's for sure.

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I said it was biased. And correction the Bears D/ST is in a three way tie for third highest game. Tied to Tom Brady and Wes Welker. And behind Aaron Rodgers and Adrian Peterson. And yes he deserves a suspension. He could of paralyzed him.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Knight Fisher wrote:So we stop posting unrelated stuff in Fantasy Football and The Football Pool.
Discussion of player performance is on topic and belongs in the fantasy thread.
Discussion of the football season in general is on topic and belongs in the football pool thread.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Yes but this way it doesn't clutter it up and we can talk about all sports related stuff. And Tebow isn't going to win against Chicago with two completions. We have a way better rushing defense than the Chiefs. Prediction: Bears win 9 in a row going into Christmas. Then even if they lose to GB we win against the Vikings. 12 Wins at the least.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Knight Fisher wrote:Yes but this way it doesn't clutter it up and we can talk about all sports related stuff.
Actually I think this way it gets cluttered more because it’s all in one thread so you can’t tell which is supposed to refer to where. I don’t necessarily want to read about all sports stuff, I want to be able to single out what pertains to the two sports topics I am currently interested in.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Well you are completely free to do that. I'm not saying don't. This topic didn't even start out as this. This is just for if you want to talk about different sports. That's all.