Pandora

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
ric
Isaiah 6

Pandora

Post by ric »

Do any of you use Pandora? Here are my stations:

The 77s Radio
Smalltown Poets Radio
Mumford & Sons Radio
Further Seems Forever Radio
Violet Burning Radio
Bon Iver Radio
The Sea And Cake Radio
Bob Dylan Radio
Tom Waits Radio
Iona Radio
Andrew Peterson Radio
Welcome Wagon Radio
Bleach Radio
The Elms Radio
Danielson Radio
Edison Glass Radio
Josh Garrels Radio
The Classic Crime Radio
Needtobreathe Radio
The Bad Plus Radio
Reign Of Kindo Radio
Andy Hunter Radio
Sigur Ros Radio
Abandon Radio
Five Iron Frenzy Radio
Eisley Radio
Lifehouse Radio
The Almost Radio
Cool Hand Luke Radio
All Star United Radio
Deas Vail Radio
Something Like Silas Radio
Manic Drive Radio
Copeland Radio
Future Of Forestry Radio
Children 18:3 Radio
John Reuben Radio
B. Reith Radio
Family Force 5 Radio
Satellites & Sirens Radio
House of Heroes Radio
Jamie Cullum Radio

I have a lot. :P
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

The Pandorica will open. Silence will fall.

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

What's Pandora?
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

Jesus' Princess wrote:What's Pandora?
I think it's online radio streaming, I'm not sure though....

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Graces4you wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote:What's Pandora?
I think it's online radio streaming, I'm not sure though....
It's online radio, where you type an artist in, and it will play a song or two by them, usually changing the songs in a day or two.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I think my history teacher last year used that, but we had to filter, like, everything because it was all secular music and some we weren't supposed to listen to.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

TigerintheShadows wrote:I think my history teacher last year used that, but we had to filter, like, everything because it was all secular music and some we weren't supposed to listen to.
If you make a station with a Christian artist, it'll usually only play Christian music.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I love Pandora! :mad: It's a very rare day when it isn't playing in the background of my house.
*insert provocative quote here*
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Is it free? Or do you have to buy an account or something?
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

You just sign up for free. If you pay the adds go away and other stuff I think, but the adds aren't that often.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Okay, I'm probably going to look into this! Thanks.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

ric wrote:You just sign up for free. If you pay the adds go away and other stuff I think, but the adds aren't that often.
Every three or four songs, I believe it is :yes:

And if you skip more than a couple songs there's a video advertisement :)
*insert provocative quote here*
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I have heard of Pandora, but I have never really checked it out. I think my dad once had an app for it on his phone. Since I now know it's free, I'm going to have to look it up. :yes:
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Having recently come into possession of an iPhone (I know, I know, I can't stand myself either :(), I recently discovered this whole Pandora business. It appears that you can listen to almost anything, though there are ads and you are prohibited from skipping through too many tracks (though you can always just change stations).

In any event, it seems pretty nice and a good alternative to listening to iTunes or whatever. So far I enjoy the classical, electronic, latin and bluegrass/folk stations. :)
TigerintheShadows

ric wrote:
TigerintheShadows wrote:I think my history teacher last year used that, but we had to filter, like, everything because it was all secular music and some we weren't supposed to listen to.
If you make a station with a Christian artist, it'll usually only play Christian music.
Because the kid in my class were going to do that. ;) I go to a public school with about 2500 students; I know kids who think I'm a freak for liking the stuff.

I mean, I personally like that idea, but the others in the class weren't going to go for it, unfortunately. :(
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

TigerintheShadows wrote:
ric wrote:
Because the kid in my class were going to do that. ;) I go to a public school with about 2500 students; I know kids who think I'm a freak for liking the stuff.

I mean, I personally like that idea, but the others in the class weren't going to go for it, unfortunately. :(
They're not allowed to listen to secular music at a public school? :-s There's plenty of clean secular bands out there...
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

ric wrote:
TigerintheShadows wrote:
ric wrote:

They're not allowed to listen to secular music at a public school? :-s There's plenty of clean secular bands out there...
What can you listen to then? I wouldn't imagine that the public schools would let students listen to christian music.
TigerintheShadows

Jesus' Princess wrote:
ric wrote:
TigerintheShadows wrote:
ric wrote:

What can you listen to then? I wouldn't imagine that the public schools would let students listen to christian music.
Oh, they might let us, it's just that the kids would whine about it.

And we did listen to secular stuff--just not the really nasty ones. They let "Teenage Dream" slide, but not "Bottoms Up". That sort of thing.

At any rate, there are people who would let their kids listen to Lady Gaga and Lil Wayne and then they complained about our show choir show because it was too "suggestive" or some garbage. It's weird.
AIO tumblr sideblog