Family Force 5 III (new album)

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Family Force 5 III (new album)

Post by Taps »

Whoever here is a fan of the FAMILY FORCE 5, they are releasing their newest album tomorrow titled III (Three.) those who pre-ordered got it a day early and here are some samples of the best songs.

[youtube]

Here is the Professional promo: What do you guys think of this album?

ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Ya, not my style. I have Dance or Die, and that was pretty good, I guess, but...I'm not even going to check this out 'cause of the terrible reviews it's gotten.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

ric wrote:Ya, not my style. I have Dance or Die, and that was pretty good, I guess, but...I'm not even going to check this out 'cause of the terrible reviews it's gotten.
Not even Wobble?! :shock:
he/him | a little stinker.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I LOVE "Wobble".

...buuut, the rest of the lyrics are awful. xP Not even remotely simply fun; it's all about girls. :P
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Yeah, I can't say I've liked what I've heard. :/ I like songs like "Radiator" because they're very distinct and almost sci-fi, but this just seems rather... typical. It just feels like another hip-hop album, I guess.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Amethystic wrote:Yeah, I can't say I've liked what I've heard. :/ I like songs like "Radiator" because they're very distinct and almost sci-fi, but this just seems rather... typical. It just feels like another hip-hop album, I guess.
This. Radiator was a great song.

I don't think hip-hop is the genre though...more just party/dance rock.
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

I'm finding the new album pretty catchy, I'm just not sure how clean the band it morally anymore. Songs like "Every night of the week" make me question the reason for their music. I mean, I'm not against secular music, or even christian bands going under a non-christian label, but when bands are under a christian label, and don't really have much to do with God at all in their music it kind of concerns me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnhmVGZSjKM

In the second verse it talks about being in a bar and drinking. Not that I think drinking is sinful, but it's not generally accepted in the christian community as something that's "acceptable".
I don't really know, I just don't feel like their music is super "uplifting" anymore, if you know what I mean.

BTW, this "every night of the week" song has been stuck in my head for days. It's awesome. haha
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

^I agree. Their lyrics seem a lot more worldy; hence the lame "hip-hop" feel of the album. (And honestly this new album made me re-think some of their older "party" songs and remove them from my iTunes library, just because they're so pointless and un-uplifting.)
ric wrote:
Amethystic wrote:Yeah, I can't say I've liked what I've heard. :/ I like songs like "Radiator" because they're very distinct and almost sci-fi, but this just seems rather... typical. It just feels like another hip-hop album, I guess.
This. Radiator was a great song.

I don't think hip-hop is the genre though...more just party/dance rock.
I know it's not actually hip-hop, but that's just the 'feel' I get from this album.
Last edited by Amethystic on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taps

Post by Taps »

Really, the only two song's that I've heard by them that are "questionable" are Dang Girl, and "every night of the week", and Dang Girl is the only questionable Is Dang Girl. Really even Relient K sings about girls a ton.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Taps wrote:Really, the only two song's that I've heard by them that are "questionable" are Dang Girl, and "every night of the week", and Dang Girl is the only questionable Is Dang Girl. Really even Relient K sings about girls a ton.
Ya, but singing about love and relationships can be somewhat uplifting. At times. :-
Taps

Post by Taps »

ric wrote:
Taps wrote:Really, the only two song's that I've heard by them that are "questionable" are Dang Girl, and "every night of the week", and Dang Girl is the only questionable Is Dang Girl. Really even Relient K sings about girls a ton.
Ya, but singing about love and relationships can be somewhat uplifting. At times. :-

Just like Family Force 5's song Love Gone Wrong on their newest album III!! \:D/