Music Suggestions?

I ressurected the dead horse.

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Music Suggestions?

Post by Amethystic »

Okay, so I'm in a musical slump, (as in, I've listened everything on my iPod to death) and I need some new music. :mad: And just so people aren't suggesting music I already have, and so you have some idea of what I like to listen to, here's a list of some heavily listened-to artists/albums of mine:

Relient K
Owl City
Tenth Avenue North
Port Blue
Casting Crowns
Portal 2: Music To Test By
The Orange Box Soundtrack
House of Heroes
Switchfoot
Family Force 5
Children 18:3

Songs, artists, and albums are accepted as suggestions. :yes:
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

The Savvy (Indie Band. Their demo-EP is on iTunes. It's good punk-ish rock and roll.)
The Almost (Rock)
Brave Saint Saturn (Electronic Rock)
Roper (Punk)
Eleventyseven (Electronic Punk)
Steve the Boring Light Guy: http://www.purevolume.com/SteveTheBorin ... cttoChange (My Electronic Project)
Last edited by Steve on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him | a little stinker.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Alt rock/indie rock: My Epic, Deas Vail, Abandon Kansas, Falling Up (especially Your Sparkling Death Cometh), Copeland, Future of Forestry, Wavorly (definitely look this one up), and Nevertheless.

Worship: Artists at ComeAndLive.com (all free downloads).

You aren't really into folk, are you?
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

No, not really.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I have suggestions. \:D/

Thousand Foot Krutch (Welcome to the Masquerade is a fabulous album.)

Disciple's album Horseshoes and Hand Grenades (Although Disciple leans toward the harder side of rock music, all of their songs are based on Bible verses. At the very least, listen to the song "Eternity"; it is one of the most gorgeous songs I have ever heard. :inlove: )
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Oh, and check out Courrier. Their (wonderful) ep is a free download here: http://courrier.bandcamp.com/ and there's a free sampler of their latest album here: http://noisetrade.com/courrier

(Those are legal downloads.)

Also, you should look around that noisetrade website. It's pretty cool. :yes: Not all of the artists are Christian, but many of them are, and it's run by a Christian artist.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Abandon, Chasen, and 33Miles; artists. :cool: I've heard one album from the first two, and all of 33's stuff.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Aeva wrote:I have suggestions. \:D/

Disciple's album Horseshoes and Hand Grenades (Although Disciple leans toward the harder side of rock music, all of their songs are based on Bible verses. At the very least, listen to the song "Eternity"; it is one of the most gorgeous songs I have ever heard. :inlove: )
Be my new best friend \:D/. Anyway, yeah get Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static (Which are both by the same person)
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Taps wrote:
Aeva wrote:I have suggestions. \:D/

Be my new best friend \:D/. Anyway, yeah get Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static (Which are both by the same person)
I shall be your new best friend. \:D/

And, Amy, Fwa beat me to it: I was just about to suggest Abandon. You should definitely check them out.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Aeva wrote:I shall be your new best friend. \:D/

And, Amy, Fwa beat me to it: I was just about to suggest Abandon. You should definitely check them out.
Hehe. ^.^ Well you suggested them to me and got me to listen, so in a way you kind of suggested them... ;)
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Jon Schmidt: Road Trip, Dumb Song, The Winter Express (or something like that)

His songs are really cool. :yes:

If you can stand the repetitive lyrics, Friday by tv-show Glee cast. The effects in there are awesome. \:D/
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Okay, I tried my best to evaluate your suggestions thus far. It's not the most in-depth assessment (mainly because I'm completing my Spanish homework whilst typing this up) but it's my initial opinion of what I've heard.

The Savvy - Can't find them on Youtube, so I haven't listened. I'll try to remember to check iTunes later.
The Almost - "Hands" was kind of a cool song. Wasn't big on "Say This Sooner"; these guys seem a bit edgy, I thought.
Brave Saint Saturn - At first listen ("Heart Still Beats") I do really like it, but I'm worried that it'll be one of those songs that I like at first but then end up hating. I don't know, I'll give it some time. EDIT: "Daylight" sounds pretty awesome.
Roper - I'm not too big on punk. :shrugs:
Eleventyseven - I'm pretty familiar with them. Some of their best songs aren't available for purchase on iTunes. :(
Steve - I like. \:D/ Your music has personality.
My Epic - O_o I didn't realize it was possible to be traumatized by the first thirty seconds of a song. Thank you, "Lower Still".
Deas Vail - I liked "Shoreline", though I'm nervous about that like-hate thing. Still, intriguing.
Abandon Kansas - I've only heard "I Wonder If It's Me" from them. Any songs you'd recommend?
Falling Up - I only remember hearing "Streams of Tears at Acheron", "Bittersweet", and "Magician Reversed" from them. None of their other stuff has ever stuck in my mind.
Copeland - Listened to "Brightest". ...Not sure what I think. I either like it, or I am extremely annoyed by it.
Future of Forestry - Hmmm... not sure about this one. I'll take another listen later.
Wavorly - Hey, "Summer Song" sounds pretty nice. ^_^
Nevertheless - I think I remember hearing a song by them with great verses and a lame chorus. "Perfect Chemistry" is pretty sweet, though.
ComeAndLive.com - I haven't checked this out yet, but I'll be frank: is it interesting p&w music, or the lame stuff that everyone mass produces?
TFK/FM Static - I have a love/hate with Trevor McNevan. :/ On one hand, I listen to his music because some of it's kind of nice; on the other hand, his projects are the epitome of angsty teenage rock bands. Very stereotypical.
Disciple - I like the odd Disciple song--though I wouldn't describe "Eternity" as beautiful. Just... loud. "Words Left Undsaid"? Now that's beautiful.
Courrier - Meh. Not impressed.
Abandon - I own a grand total of three songs by them. I like what I've heard.
Chasen - I'm not wowed by the couple of songs I half-listened to, but they're not a definite no.
33Miles - *listening to "What Could Be Better"* So perky... O_O I mean, I totally agree with their sentiments, but my ears are a little scared.
John Schmidt - Hey, this guy sounds kind of fun. ^_^
Glee (Friday) - I'm embarrassed to say that Glee's version of RB's monstrosity makes me want to rock out. *hangs head in shame*

Feel free to refine/add to your suggestions based on this. :yes: You are all extremely helpful.
Last edited by Amethystic on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

lol Yes, 33Miles is fairly perky... xD "One Life" is popular by them, and I like "There Is A God" too.

The couple of Chasen songs include "On and On"?
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Oh, I've heard that one. *shrug* I'm still not huge on them.

Yeah; at a second listen, that one's fairly good.
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

Have you heard any Steven Curtis Chapman?
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

As much as the next Christian. Some of his songs are okay. (I feel so musically apathetic right now. :P )
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Amethystic wrote:Okay, I tried my best to evaluate your suggestions thus far. It's not the most in-depth assessment (mainly because I'm completing my Spanish homework whilst typing this up) but it's my initial opinion of what I've heard.

John Schmidt - Hey, this guy sounds kind of fun. ^_^
Glee (Friday) - I'm embarrassed to say that Glee's version of RB's monstrosity makes me want to rock out. *hangs head in shame*

Feel free to refine/add to your suggestions based on this. :yes: You are all extremely helpful.
Hehe. ;)

Another really cool song is Santorini by Yanni. He preformed it live at the Acropolis and the video of it is really awesome. Cool lighting and stuff. He also preformed lots of other really cool songs at that performance.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
Taps

Post by Taps »

Oh! Hawk Nelson is a great band. Check them out.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Stellar Kart's "Life Is Good" is an awesome song that always gets stuck in my head for days after I hear it. Jesus Loves You, We Shine, and Something Holy are some other good ones from them.
Last edited by Christian A. on Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taps

Post by Taps »

Christian A. wrote:Stellar Kart's "Life Is Good" is an awesome song that always gets stuck in my head for days after I hear it. Jesus Loves You, We Shine, and Something Holy are some other good ones from them.
We Shine, is better from the band who wrote it Fee, in my opinion.