My new Ibanez Gio!!

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

My new Ibanez Gio!!

Post by Taps »

I just bought an Ibanez Gio! I am very excited and have been playing it nonstop.

I would love to here from you! What kind of guitar do you play? What brand/model? Are you going to buy another one? Just post what you think!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Have any pictures?

I'll have to go dig out pictures of my rig.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Taps

Post by Taps »

I will try to post one up here soon when I have time to take one, and then post it on here.

EDIT: here is a link

http://resources.ibanez.com/resourceser ... X20ZRD.gif
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Well I've got my Squire Bullet Strat and my Wasburn WR120 something-or-other. I'm having to do some modding on the pickup selector on the Washburn. It keeps shorting out on me. Currently, it's being held in place with duct tape. \:D/
he/him | a little stinker.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Technically that's not an Ibanez Gio, it's an Ibanez GRX20ZRD. Gio is the series of inexpensive guitars. ;) What amp do you have?

And now for my gear:
Ibanez (Gio) GRX40 through a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, Boss DS-1 Distortion, and Zoom G1.x, into the Ibanez amp that came with the guitar. There's quite a list of pedals I have yet to buy.
The acoustic is a Lyon (by Washburn), and the uke I got for free.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Dan, it looks light you need to tighten your tremelo bar.
he/him | a little stinker.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

If I tighten it I can't move it into position...

I may make a video of a runthrough of my sounds sometime...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Taps

Post by Taps »

I have a Kustom amp. Nothing huge but workable. It actually works very well. I am going to get a full sized acoustic but right now I only have a 200 dollar travel guitar. The sound I get on it is AMAZING though.

Oh, and actually I have a Gio, it is the budget version of the RX series that ceases to exist.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

DanP740 wrote:Technically that's not an Ibanez Gio, it's an Ibanez GRX20ZRD. Gio is the series of inexpensive guitars. ;) What amp do you have?

And now for my gear:
Ibanez (Gio) GRX40 through a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, Boss DS-1 Distortion, and Zoom G1.x, into the Ibanez amp that came with the guitar. There's quite a list of pedals I have yet to buy.
The acoustic is a Lyon (by Washburn), and the uke I got for free.
I know that lyon rips your fingers to shreds right? I had one that had the highest action i've ever seen on a guitar.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Um... no? The action's not bad, although I wish it felt more like an electric.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Taps

Post by Taps »

So, I've been practicing and I'm having a lot of fun :D I love my guitar!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Here is a video showing my guitar sounds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0hYL5XUKeI
I linked instead of imbedding because on YouTube you can see the annotations that tell you a little about the current settings.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011