Focus on the Family College Writer's Scholarship Contest

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Focus on the Family College Writer's Scholarship Contest

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I don't see this ANYWHERE, I even searched it. And the contest has been up since the 1st apparently.

Focus on the Family/Whit's End is hosting a College Writer's Scholarship Contest. College students can enter, and it is writing a script and hoping for a scholarship and the chance to have that script recorded and aired!

While I don't know ANYTHING about the recent characters, since they give a list of characters you can use, I probably can't enter. The kind soul on ff.net who told me about it told me I should. What praise. lol.

But, anyone who can confirm they are in college classes/in college can enter.

http://whitsendblog.org/writerscontest/

The contest is to commemorate 25 years of Odyssey. :)

*and while I haven't seen this, if there is another thread or I'm not supposed to have mentioned this, then the thread can go.*

Good luck to all who enter. I might try. But working with characters you know nothing about... could be difficult. lol. $1000 is pretty dang good for college.

Deadline is January 15th, 2012. It started on the 1st of September, 2011.

PS: I was just reading the list of characters. Why isn't Jason listed? Wasn't he just recently around anyway?

If you found this, then congrats. You know what to do. ;)
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Thanks for posting this. I agree, very few websites have been mentioning this, and sadly, not enough of a big deal has been made. This is a chance to write your own Odyssey script! Fans should be going bonkers.

I wrote a little bit about it here

I look forward to hearing the winning script. I wonder what sort will win.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I'd totally enter this if I were old enough. :( Best wishes to everyone who does enter though.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

I expect the specific age limit is why fans aren't 'going bonkers' -- requiring that applicants be currently enrolled in college cuts off a lot of people who're too young, a lot of people who're too old, and anyone who's about the right age who haven't yet enrolled, for whatever reason.

That eliminates much -- or even most -- of the AIO online community, so it isn't very surprising that not too many of them would be interested in something they can't really play a part in.
AlexMitchell
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by AlexMitchell »

I understand about the whole age restriction thing, but since I am in the age range, I'm SUPER excited! I even had the bare bones of a plot idea before the contest came out. It kind of makes sense to give it to college students because 1) They grew up with the show, so they know it really well and 2) in college you can get lots of specific help and feedback from people like writing professors, or maybe you're a media major, which fits what you're studying anyway.

I'm glad FotF remembers us older fans!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

AlexMitchell wrote:I understand about the whole age restriction thing, but since I am in the age range, I'm SUPER excited! I even had the bare bones of a plot idea before the contest came out. It kind of makes sense to give it to college students because 1) They grew up with the show, so they know it really well and 2) in college you can get lots of specific help and feedback from people like writing professors, or maybe you're a media major, which fits what you're studying anyway.

I'm glad FotF remembers us older fans!
lol. . .lots of college students haven't known AIO as long as some 14 year old who's listened to it since he was 3 :p And for two, I can get lots of help from various people, since my Mom knows some English/writing professors.

So yeah. . .I still think the contest could have been included for others too, buutt. . .I won't have to waste my time on this, I'll work on the NaNo \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

This looks interesting, but I'm not sure I have the time.

Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I would love to see someone from the ToO win this. Would that be cool or what?

\:D/
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I'd love to see someone from my Odyssey Club win this. :)