Singing!

Do you sing? Do you take singing seriously?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
KelitaArcher
Crazy Southern Archer

Singing!

Post by KelitaArcher »

Do you practice your vocals, do warm-ups, breathing excersises, etc. etc.?
I do... but my voice is certainly not the sound of perfection, just yet. I've got a ways to go. ;) But it's fun! And singing is a wonderful way to glorify the LORD, praising Him as He so should be praised.

"It doesn't matter what you believe, it matters what is true."
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I like to sing, but I don't really do any of those things you said. ;) I just sing when I feel like it. :P

It's especially nice to sing with my family in all the parts - normally I take the soprano.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Man, I've gotta start doing warm ups and stuff before I sing. I'm a pretty horrible singer; but I'd like to be able to sing better.

All I can do right now is hardcore screaming.
he/him | a little stinker.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I definitely like to sing, and I've taken voice lessons a few times. I'd like to be in a choir...but I think it's way more challenging in college than how it was in high school. I want to record a CD or two in the future; not professionally, but just on the side. :D singing is fun.

Till the end of the line.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I sing, I've taken a few lessons here and there, but mostly just for fun.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Steve wrote:All I can do right now is hardcore screaming.
^LIKE.

I sing to amuse myself.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
KelitaArcher
Crazy Southern Archer

Post by KelitaArcher »

Laura Ingalls... yes... that is fun to do... singing with family. We aren't at the point where anybody else (except me) can do the parts together...3 little boys and a 12 year old who doesn't reall have a clue either. :- Oh well, we can still try. :)

Steve: LOL, my goodness! Hard-core screaming!? LOL. Your family must looove it. :D ;) Look up vocal warmups on Youtube, there are GAZILLIONS of them. :) I use those a lot though I already have a vocal teacher who IS a HUGE blessing. :)

Shennifer: Choirs are very fun indeed. I am in a church choir right now but... well... it sure *ain't* anything professional! But as long as it's about praising God, it doesn't matter! Recording a CD sounds great too... that would be real fun. :)

Jesus' Princess and Termite: singing for fun is definetly a great thing to do... deff. more relaxed than singing in front of your teacher, and thinking you sounded terrible because it was your literal worst time of day to sing. (We all have those, you know.)

"It doesn't matter what you believe, it matters what is true."
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

I just can't sing good. Heck I am so bad I was the first and only person to get turned down at my church choir because I was screwing up the group. :(

But that still doesn't stop me from singing to my hearts content.
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith